Register now to get rid of these ads!

crosley speed equipment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike budniewski, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mike budniewski

mike budniewski

a couple months ago a localguy sold me a complete crosley engine(iron) and today he called me up telling me he found a finned oil pan, valvecover, and 2 carb intake, also some type of wico post mount magneto.my question is did anyone in the last few years make copies of this stuff? thanks mike

2. F&J

F&J

I have one of those. I think the wico mag was used on industrial power plants, tractors and maybe boats.

3. silverdome

silverdome

The wico mags were definently used on some of the old tractors.

4. Pretty small market, for Crosley speed parts these days.

5. redo32

redo32

A few years ago I heard that Nick's son was still selling parts, I don't know if that's still true. The oil pans are fairly rare, I've seen them go for $400 on ebay. Braje intakes were for single Stromberg and duel Tillitsons or Amal motorcycle carbs. Lots of no name & homemade intakes too. The valve covers must be reproduced, see a lot of them.

6. "small" LOL :D

7. Check this guy out@his website.. He has several Crosleys that are landspeed record holders....At the May '10 Maxton ECTA meet he set a record with the Crosley P/U pictured @ 78+ MPH ...and with the stock 5:17 rear gear..!!!

http://home.roadrunner.com/~tfreshley/

Attached Files:

8. Old TQ midgets run that stuff.

9. Wooly

Wooly

Braje's son is still making the stuff. Nick himself was doing it until he passed away 6 yrs. or so ago.
    And actually there is a pretty good size market for this stuff in Vintage racing and street cars.

10. brandon mitchell

brandon mitchell

Yeah. There used to one. I don't know if they are still making that stuffs,

11. jroberts

jroberts

Also at Maxton:

[​IMG]

12. mike, to answer your initial question, YES there are folks making copies of the original speed parts (there are a few foundries in the northeast that have been recasting a number of them) and as stated above already, braje is still making parts and selling them as well.

13. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Most of the remade stuff will be the bolt ons. Braje is most of the stuff I have seen, should be able to bring some of it up with a google search

14. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

There's a guy in the flea market section at Macungie every year with reproduced Braje valve covers and intakes.

15. ScottV

ScottV

Fellow H.A.M.B.er ARNIE has a slingshot dragster that is Crosley powered with a Pepco supercharger called "High Times"

[​IMG]

16. alanhart1

alanhart1

I'm rebuilding a Crosley with a Pepco supercharger to install in a Siata 300 BC.
    I would like to know what carburation you used.
    Mine has a Weber 32 DCNF sideraft carb now. but I saw a pic somewhere on the web of
    an engine that had a very large Weber sidedraft fitted to the superchger.
    It did not run well before the rebuild and I am trying to get as much info before I start it again.
    What cam and timing?

17. crosleykook

crosleykook
    from sackamento

18. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

A pretty famous local midget racer, Harry Hull also ran a Crosley in a TQ, and made his own intakess, side covers etc. Crosleys were also used in the boats that ran in the old Danbury Racearena before it was filled in...don't know if Mr. Hull's stuff was used in those however.

19. bobadame

bobadame

Looks like a good engine for a cyclecar.

20. jpm49c

jpm49c

Sonny Hull was still selling Crosley parts last year. Give him a call

Cloverleaf Lanes, Muncy, Pa. 570-546-8203 between 4pm and 6pm eastern

21. Jeriffic

Jeriffic
    from Chi-Town

Ed Roth built a trike with one.

1-mailboxtrike.jpg

loudbang likes this.