Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. msherac1

msherac1

I've used por-15 several times on blasted metal , seems to be working quite well. Standing up to use in Minnesota, through several winters

2. msherac1

msherac1

:eek:

3. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Steve .. I barrowed a picture of your skirts, for to add to my opinion of a yes or no skirt use question.
    :DMost folks say skirts. I said in an earlier post radius the rear fenders. If your going with skirts,get skirts that fit the fender opening,and not look like an after thought steel <NOBR>garbage can</NOBR> lid. Traditional don't have to be ugly.:rolleyes: Steve in Nova Scotia cut the fenders and made his skirts. It looks super. Agreed ? Go Go Goooo! :eek:

Attached Files:

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Skirts all the way if your car is at all custom influenced! IMHO lol! I am really happy with the flush fit look, and if you have a shrinker stretcher they arent too bad to fab up...it will hopefully sit about 3" lower than the pic , I havent made the lowering blocks yet. I got the seats all mounted in, they will do for the first while before I decide to modify or replace them ,but they were in stock and didnt cost me anything...got a bunch of other misc stuff thats not great pic materila but progress is being made! I will get a few pics up after this weekend.

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Progress is good! We wanna see more! Are you planning on having the car on the road this summer?

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would love to Eli but I just can't see it happening due to lack of funds... at least the wife finally found some work last week after being unemployed since Sept. I'm gonna try regardless but I would be happy to drive it out of the garage before next winter !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would love to Eli but I just can't see it happening due to lack of funds... at least the wife finally found some work last week after being unemployed since Sept. I'm gonna try regardless but I would be happy to drive it out of the garage before next winter !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Glad to hear your wife found a new job.
    On a project like yours, even the short drive out of the man-cave is a major accomplishment.

9. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Man your build of this car is so inspiring! Had to sell my project when going through cancer and really wanting to get another one going soon. Take care and best to you and yours in everything.........Doug

10. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:eek: :D:) Here you go . Bill aka Tnomoldw

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Doug! In many ways this build has helped me cope with the stresses of everyday life! I hope you are doing well enough to get back in the garage asap!

Nice pics ! Your car? Nice to see another 42 grille!

12. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Not my car. Im 75.I found the HAMB. I enjoy it. Especially builds like yours. In my past I had (like often is said''too many'') . My first car in 1955 was upgraded to look like this.

Attached Files:

13. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I'm with Tnomoldw aka Bill he's got six years on me, I also like to watch you younger guys take a rusty car and make something sweeeet! but i'm a little crazyer then bill i have three tore down in my garage, I'll most likely die with a wrench in my hand:eek: keep up the good work

14. nali

nali

Those 2 last comments are great ones ...

15. Have enjoyed watching this resurection however have not commented before,...well and truly overdue.

Awesome work, hats off to you and thanks for saving what many would have sent to the scrapper :)

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

You are never too old to build another! Thanks for stopping in for a look at my mess,I hope you stick around to see how it turns out!

Most days I probably feel 6 yrs older than Tnomoldw! Nothing wrong with too many projects lol,thanks for the kind words!!

You got that right Nali ! Its comments like these that make the effort of doimng the build thread worthwhile!

Thanks for popping in and saying hello! Dont be afaraid to shoot yer mouth off in this thread its all in good fun!:D

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

And now for a few boring pics some are crappy iphone pics nothing too exciting, but progress none the less..

Basically the last few weekends have involved ,reworking the dash so I could remove it to blast and bodywork, I got the s10 bench seat set up and installed in cluding re inforcing the floor where it mounts(forgot to take a pic before I removed it to do the back seat) , set up and installed 2 back seats, didnt like the first one though, the second one is a middle seat from a mini van and works much better,removed, reworked and repaired the damaged package tray , moved it back a couple of inches too and tied it into the 1/4 window frames, did a bunch of exciting seam sealing, and fixed the metal around the cowl vent opening....and a bunch of other little shit that I cant think of now...

[​IMG]

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Photoshop only let me load one pic..try this again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Dash...this might still get swapped out for something older later, but right now I dont need to give my self anymore work..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

The cowl mess...essentially what I did was cut out a 1/4" wide area in sections and weld the replacement pieces in one at a time...took a couple of afternons...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

Here was the great view out the back window of the shop last sat...I hate winter...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sure hope you know what the heck you're doin!..................:D

Glad to see you're still kickin', Steve. The coupe's lookin' great!

When you get this sucker finished, and show it, one thing is sure. When someone asks you about any little part of the project, you won't be saying, "Uh...I don't know...I bought it that way."...lol.

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brrrrr! Some clean looking sheet metal on that baby! You'll need to break a bottle of champagne on Rusty's nose when you've removed the last bit of rust Steve. In fact, we should all share in a collective toast!

24. 4rod

4rod

Hey Kool, what year is that S10 seat out of...I'm looking for something like that...Maybe even a 3rd rear seat out of an full size ford expedition

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here here!

For he's a jolly good custom builder,
    For he's a jolly good custom builder,
    For he's a jolly good custom buildERRRRRRRRRRRR...
    Which nobody can deny.

26. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Go man! GO!

Neither wind, nor snow, nor sleet, nor rain will stop him from eradicating rust. . .

27. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

like the cowl vent repair, and like you, am not a fan of the long cold winter

28. oldman2

oldman2

Very nice repairs on the cowl vent...Jim

29. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That vent (like the rest of the project) is looking good! :)

I've determined that the only value for me in winter is that it makes me appreciate the other 3 seasons more!
    Now stop showing those disgusting pictures of that white crap.....

Hopefully your garage was a lot more comfortable place to work this year.

30. fitzee

fitzee

Hay Steve nice job on the cool vent. That white stuff is a pain.