Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I need your guy's advise, should I buy? 1964 F100 Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spags, Feb 7, 2013.

1. spags

spags

First off I apologize if this is not the correct section, if there is a better section Mods please delete or move. Thanks

Ever since I sold my 58 f100 a few months back I have been itching to purchase another truck, I am tired of sticking to this C.A.R.B legal stuff! I came across a 1964 f100 short bed truck that looks pretty clean. It's been a California truck it's whole life so there is really no rush spots at all. There is a small dent on the hood, a crack in the windshield, and a half decent paint job. The thing that concerns me is the guy put a Chevy 350 in it! I know that was popular back in the day but I have never been a big fan of that swap, the thing that intrigues me about it is that I think I can get it for about $2500. What do you guys think, is it worth it?
    AJ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. that"s a steal!

3. $2500????? i'd be driving it home

4. Great deal.............I have a '64 myself and I love it. You could always keep the hood closed and drive it like it is.

5. spags

spags

Good point.

6. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

buy it, but sell that orange thing under the hood and put something good in it. That's why the price is right, was probably higher til potential buyers looked under the hood, therfore, no sale.

7. At $2500, he is paying you to take that SBC. I've paid nearly that for non-running non-driving pickups of the same era.

8. 35desoto

35desoto

If its as good as the photos make it out to be then its worth it. Even though it may have a chev engine its on the road going - looks reasonable and drives OK so why not. Its better to enjoy one on the road than slave away all the time in a workshop - nothing wrong with a rebuilder but if you want one on the road this looks good - an engine swap can be done later on otherwise buy and ENJOY IT

9. $ sound good, looks real good. Just stick some Ford oval emblems on the valve covers and you won't know the difference :eek: I had a 350 chevy in my 40 Ford and it had plain chrome valve covers with the Ford oval emblems and a Cad/Olds air cleaner and the block was painted blue and that confused the shit out of everyone :confused:. I have after market Cobra valve covers on my current Ford 351 and I hear lookers saying "Man I bet this bitch screams with that Cobra engine :rolleyes:. I don't care what engine is in it as long as it runs good :D

10. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

I'd have the wheel's half driven off by now!

11. that engine compartment looks big enough that i think you could put just about anything in it. i'm thinking 429/460 ford

12. Always good buys in Southern Calfornia ... :cool:

Jim

13. I'd buy it BECAUSE it has a chevy in it....great price!

14. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

I like the way you think... Yes, 460 slips right in

15. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

The good thing about it is, you can drive until you get a fresh Ford to put under it. Shut up and give him your money!

16. slowmotion

slowmotion

I expect that would sell for $4-5K in these parts, if it's as decent as it looks. The sbc wouldn't be a deterant to most, except the blue (oval) blooded.

17. spags

spags

Thank you guys very much. I am meeting the guy right after work, I am expecting it to look fairly decent it's just always hard to tell in the pictures they send you.
    AJ

18. Or you could drive it while you were building or finding an engine more to your liking. Not everything that you buy is going to be perfect hot rods or customs are a progression more often than not.

if you like the truck get it and if you don't look for another. The price seems good enough to me if you can get in it and drive it.

19. spags

spags

You guys already have me looking into 460 blocks.

20. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That is a steal at that price! And why did you sell your '58???

21. spags

spags

I really didn't have room to work on the '58 and at the time I was getting ready to move. I plan on owning another one later, it was a great truck.

22. Paint the engine Ford blue and drive the piss out of it. I'd be interested in the price of a windshield first before I plunked out my $$$. It may be a bargaining chip in your favor.

Bob

23. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

$2500 ? No way in hell should you buy it! PM me the guy's # and I'll tell him you don't want it.

24. spags

spags

Ha! The windshield I already looked up is $300 shipped with the rubber molding. I just talked to the seller and we are meeting after work. Looks like the only work that will be getting done today is a wish list for the f100!

25. derbydad276

derbydad276

thats a 5 thousand dollar truck in the detroit market any day of the week and we would call that a steal at 5 grand

26. Andamo

Andamo

Buy it, put some Ford emblems on the valve covers and don't look back.

27. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

That's a nice truck. My 64 sat in a fence row for 15 years, Rust all over.

28. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

the only substitute for a SBC is a BBC---drive the wheels off ---looks like a good deal

29. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Looks like a great deal,I'd be all over it. You would not touch that truck here for that kind of money.

30. Buy it. The best thing about it is the SBC!