Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out my SBC belly button engine - just a teaser.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Wanna see that baby in action, hurry post a vid! :D

2. The problem with the vids is they are stuck in my phone .
    Every clip I try to send out of the thing gives me a "file too big" message , no matter how it try or how long even 10 seconds.
    I can't get the vids to go text, email, or upload.

Its a droid thru Verizon , if I have time I'll take it up there and have them show me what the problem is. I heard some crap that the camera records in HD ( see speakers in garage ) and you need to set the camera to not do that before recording. But then you get a low quality sound bite with it.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Bummer, I wanna hear this thing run.:(

4. Where's that footage ?

5. Nope but they said not to come back unless I bring a little kid. :eek: :D:D

They acrtually have an adult version of Chuckey Cheese here its called Dave and Buster's or something like that. But I am in for a meet and greet anythime and anyplace I can get to.

6. Come on down , I'll let you drive it

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That wasnt on camera, but there was another incident in a chinese restaurant at my daughters best friends 2nd birthday party. Me: "hey kids, wanna see a Walrus?!" Wife: "if you dont shut up and get those goddam chopsticks outta your nose RIGHT NOW, we're leaving!" Spoilsport...:mad:

8. yea I actually had a chick walk out on me at a buffet once because I pulled my plate out and stuck two bananas in my mouth. With my Yosemite Sam mustach it was pretty convincing, at least that is what the cook told me.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFLMAO! I LOVE sophisticated, highbrow humour...

10. Truckedup

Truckedup

I'm pretty crude,but an act like that would have me bailing out.:D

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Dont worry, when hemi, bueno and I set this deal up, we'll get the wives to take the rest of yous guys out for a shopping spree or something...:p

12. Dave and busters is a great place , however they have steel cutlery , alcohol, no ball pit and full security/ surveillance cameras. An estrogen fueled Shopping spree could bring more mayhem than anything else

13. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

nice color :cool:

Those XE cams give the motor a snappy throttle. I'm going to try their Nostaliga + L79H in my new 357ci SBC. I'm wondering if my 9.6 CR will be enuff for it. hmmm

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

14. Thanks Beaner,
    for the nose jet of a fresh opened beer........... your always good for that , :D:D and what a mental pic lmao

15. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Hey 31, hows the video coming along? You have me hooked on the 307 info but I'd like to hear it to make any final decisions!

16. I was reading the other 307 thread and was hoping you had an update (31vic- I'm looking at you)
    I've put together nearly an identical mill from a castaway (free!) 307. Xe262 cam and all. I've been referring to it as a 283 w/a 327 crank and that makes the folks happy. It's getting an early edelbrock intake with the oil fill tube and I'm trying to decide between an under cap electronic or a small cap hei.
    Thanks-

17. squirrel

squirrel

Put a point distributor in it, blow people's minds. Points do still work, you know.

Moriarity likes this.
  18. yeah, they do- but.. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible so my ol' lady can drive the thing. Then I'll be getting that call. "Truck won't start, I hate old cars, tears.." Just be glad I didn't go f.i. She's the reason this vehicle's getting a slushbox too. I just can't bring myself to willingly be one of those "shiftless" people.
    I hear people say they feel the need to tote around the old points in the glovebox for when the electronic fails. Is that actually common or what? I've had 15-20 with either hei or pertronix. I had a module go bad once but I've had more points problems with fewer miles ran on them then that.

19. What kind of up date do you want?
    I love the thing !
    My recommendation on a distributor is match the period of the intake and your comfort zone. Oil fill tube goes real nice with stock type points if you ask me.

You chose a vintage intake for a reason, make the rest match as best as you can.

20. squirrel

squirrel

I had a flaky set of points in 1979....bought a better set (with a screw to hold the wire in place, instead of just a spring). Other than that, they seem to work fine for years at a time.

21. 31vic- Just checking to see how excited you were after running it for a couple years. Is it in a daily? Run it down the quarter ever- just to see what it'd do?

I'll check the parts pile and see what condition any points distributors I have on hand are in. If'n I have a good one I'll use it and complete the package.

It's a low dollar (as pretty much all of mine are) runabout pickup using mostly parts from my stash. Should tip the scale around 2600+/- and has 456 rear gears (running a tall tire to offset that a bit) so any engine that runs should feel pretty zippy.

22. Mine is in a pickup truck also, but its OT.

Turbo 400, p9 vega converter 3.08 gears and it will completely obliterate the tires when you stick your foot into it and real nice road manners otherwise.

456 gears should make you and your tire shop real happy on the low end. What I can't tell you is how your 456 gears and upper rpm breathing will be. Let me know how that works.

23. PushnFords

PushnFords

I always carry points in the glove box because I've had 3-4 Pertronix units quit on me. I've also talked to people that have installed dozens of them with no trouble so who knows? I have found that you need to buy a top quality set of points or they are junk...they can float...just like valve float except not closing fast enough. Also don't line up as well sometimes, deflect, etc. Last time I bought some I think they were Borg Warner Selects or something like that and the points & condenser cost about what a Pertronix setup would have.

24. Thanks Pushn- Good to hear firsthand info.
    Were all of your problem units on the same vehicle? Seems like a rash of bad pieces.

25. PushnFords

PushnFords

Two different cars over a span of around 8 years. Last one that burnt up on me was 2-3 years ago but the car had only been driven about 500 miles in the 2-3 years before that. So non of the fried ones were current production. No idea if they've been changed or not.

26. Well, I'm slow but at least it's progress. I found a good deal on an OD trans so that'll help a lot with my gearing.
    Engine is in the truck ('39 ford), points distributor too. I haven't driven it yet because I don't have a driveshaft (and probably a dozen other things).
    Put a set of 1.94 heads on, that xe262 cam, replaced the plastic timing gear- by the way- who the fuck was the jackass that imagined that timing gear was a good idea? Mine had 3 broken teeth...
    It sounds good. Can't wait to drive it.

Posted using my chicken and 2 cigs