Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Congrats on the purchase! By the way, you've just posted a very rare photo of Hayden Proffitt campaigning his 64 Race Hemi! Its rare to see a shot of this car from the front. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Happy to help! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

At 2:43 of this video a 64 Plymouth Savoy enters the screen with the sponsor Harvey Motor Company. It appears to be a Race Hemi car. On the door is an image of what appears to be a Goat. Is anyone familiar with this car, track or the driver (David Jim Fish?)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH0SHFZUDeQ

4. rryan5429

rryan5429
    from sd

Here are a couple of mine.

Attached Files:

5. 64sshemi

64sshemi
    from weare n.h.

Contact Darrell Davis @ [email protected] or 407 3309100
    Darrell has writen the book on the 64 Super Stock Plymouth. Both the Super Stock Max wedge and the Super Commando package ( Hemi) lightweight.
    I raced the Hemi lightweight Savoy back in the mid to late 60s so am quite familar with these cars. I only mention it because I know there is a ton of bogus information out there concerning these cars. Good luck!!;)

6. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Thanks for chiming in! I exchange emails with Darrell on a continual basis. He's been extremely helpful which I'm very grateful for. I also have his book on the 64 Super Stock III and Race Hemi's.

I've really dug into finding the history on this car, and in doing so I've discovered quite a lot of information on the sister cars that campaigned with either MW or Race Hemi's in 64. I've created a database from Darrell's book which has the Black painted/Red Interior cars (7 MW's, 6 Race Hemi's) and am carefully documenting what I find.

7. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

Does anybody have a good color Pic of Steve Bagwell's 1964 SS/BA ?

8. 354valiant

354valiant
    from Illinois

Hey Grave Robber, Do you have anymore pics of your buddy's white '63 Plymouth? That car is badazz... Thanks Brian

9. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

WOW!! Thats COOL!! Chris

10. HEMIDAV

HEMIDAV
    from FL.

Here are a couple of pics of my '63 Dodge Max Wedge conv. It was sold new in Farmingdale, NY, raced there, mainly on the streets, brought to FLA and raced there, and was found about 12 years ago and restored over the past few years.

Attached Files:

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I might have a few let me see what I can find

12. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

This was at my wedding last September, I took it for a spin in the rain for the camera crew, I don't have the video yet

13. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Pulled this screenshot off youtube!

[​IMG]

14. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

A bad photo of an old ad

Attached Files:

15. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

That photo is good enough to finally jog my old memory bank as to who was driving the Milne Bros car that I showed in my posts #698 and #745 earlier in this thread - Bill Hanyon!

16. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Does anyone out there remember this car??

[​IMG]

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

is that the all white one?

18. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Not sure what you mean by "all white one"?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  19. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Your photo didn't show up

20. Shows up for me. It's the one in the thread he referenced in post #1113.

21. djcobraman427

djcobraman427

I found a couple of photos of my old '64 Dodge 330 2dr sedan, originally an Oregon State Police Interceptor. It came with a 383 and manual 3 speed. I swapped in a '63 Max Wedge 426 and 4 speed and 5.38 gears. I used it for street racing in the early '70s before trading it for a '69 Hemi Super Bee.

First photos were from my "road race" days, loved running the corners in that thing. The cops didn't know what to make of the big and bigger tires. I was stopped many times to explain the roll cage, tires, and loud exhaust, but never got a ticket. With no power steering and manual brakes, it was definitely a "Man's" car.

Rear tires were 14X32 Firestone Drag 500s mounted on 15X10 E.T. mags, fronts were 14X6 Americans. The Max Wedge came from a drag boat that ran 121MPH, which I thought was slow. Turned out, it wasn't so slow.

Also shown is a '65 Dodge A100 pickup, which ran a 440 Six-Pack and a Torqueflight. With a 90" wheelbase, that little sucker was a handful. Raced a lot of Camaros and Firebirds with it. 3200 pounds, loaded. I did a flip rear end from a late model and notched the frame for clearance, re-radiused the wheel wells, ran 10" wide Cragars and the old M50 Mickey Thompson tires.

Attached Files:

quick85 likes this.
  22. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Here is my 1962 Dodge Dart and my brother's 1962 Plymouth Savoy. Both cars are currently being built by Bob Mosher and his crew...

Dart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Savoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

24. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Looking for pictures of Gary Sutton's 1964 Plymouth campaigned as Pandemonium II....

25. Hi Guys,
    This is an older pic of my '63 330 4 dr that I'm slowly building up. I'm in the finishing process of building/hot rodding the original 225ci slant 6 for it because that's all I can afford for now. Hoping my '63 will be near as nice as some of the beautiful 2 dr cars on this thread!

Attached Files:

26. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I really like your '63 sedan. I also have a 4 door sedan in the works. Bob Mosher and his crew are recreating the 1962 Dodge Dart sedan driven by Captain Culpepper (Spencer Tracy) in the movie "It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World". If you've seen the movie you know the car was driven hard and trashed but I've always loved that car so it's being resurrected.

Here are a few shots from the movie and some of my car in progress. Oh and Mosher is installing a stroker motor disguised as a stock 383.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kelly Burns likes this.
  27. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

Great movie! Thanks for the pics. Any wonder left rear quarters rusted out? All that gas from out of the filler door running down the side and all over the trim.

Marty
    Marysville, OH

28. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Boy the roof line and body to roof height ratio on the early mopars makes up for any other negative opinions one might have of the car's styling. That shot with no glass really shows it off.

BTW, looks like the door side trim on the movie car is perfect like it came from the factory - perfectly crooked.

29. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I was thinking the exact same thing! Perfect Chrysler Corp. factory fit.

30. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Sold this one last Nov.:confused:

Attached Files: