Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out my SBC belly button engine - just a teaser.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jun 30, 2012.

1. vega converter works well had one in my 65 327 chevelle tow car ran 13.0 106 mph with the trailer hitch on no problem in 3yrs of daily use

2. Deuces

Deuces

I got 2 sets of the #416 heads... I would love to do a "cheap" 327 build..
    307 crank in a 350 block with the 305 heads.. Not sure when I'll start that project..

3. I have Two 350 long blocks here, a 307 complete, and a fresh 305 long block - all in my way.
    I think I have a 327 crank too.
    What do you want ?

PS, that 307 isn't this 307 its another one.

4. update :

Got her fired up today.
    Broke it in, got it all dialed in.
    Sounds awesome , runs perfect, couldn't be happier.
    Very responsive on the throttle.

I fired it on 100 octane cam 2 fuel, there's no pinging, runns cool as a cucumber. I'm going to add some 87 and bring the octane mix down to about 93 and see how it does on pump gas.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Did you fire it in a car or on a stand?

6. Truck actually

7. Had it out in the parking lot under its own power.
    All I can say is WOW!!
    This thing runs so nice. Really responsive on the throttle, Revs up FAST and back down to idle almost as fast as you move your foot. It sounds awesome and bad ass!
    Its extremely powerful for its cubes. Just a little throttle will slip the tires, a little more and up they go. 150' burnout and I wasn't even trying.
    Very happy.

I have to get a you tube up but I've never done that. If I have time to figure it out I will, us there a help for YouTube?

8. ^^^

9. That has got to be the best l:cool::cool:king 307 I've ever seen.

10. Thanks

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

A 307???!!! Lame...:rolleyes::p:p:D

Wait, wait, lemme guess...Your gonna put those bolt-on faux spindle-mounts with the gimpy valve stems on the front of the truck, right?:rolleyes::p

12. Moedog07

Moedog07

Got any video of it running?

13. I know right !
    Its not for everyone, only the deranged.
    I mean who in their right mind builds a ground pounding, building shaking, eye catching engine from a throw away lame ass 307.

Shhh on those wheels

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  14. Yea but I can't get it out of my phone.
    Says Every clip is too big, even 10 seconds.

Few weeks ago we were at my honey's cousins house hanging out in his garage. He had some high tech wiz bang speaker set up for an I pod doohicky. I asked if it would plug into my phone, he says it should. So I played one of the videos. Apparently it was a high quality speaker set up with subwoofer and a High quality recording. Everyone came out to the garage to see the hot rod running in there. Nope just my phone .

15. George, did you see post 68 ?

16. Just call it a 283 Stroker, and there won't be any more bitching about the 307.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I did. As you know, I actually like the 307, (shhhh, dont tell anyone) if I were gonna do one, I'd do the 5.7" rods. Probably sonic test the block, and if the core shift was to the minor thrust side, punch it to 4", just to really put the wind up these guys...:p:eek:

And yes, I wanna see video, but only if you lay a patch. Assuming that grandma motor CAN lay a patch that is...:eek::p

18. teddyp

teddyp

Looks great they can talk all they want but you can,t beat a sbc when it looks this good

19. Your dirty little secret is safe with me

As far as a patch goes , I have a vid or two but its equally lame.
    3.08 gear, peg leg with nasty 26x 12 rear rollers, 1/2 throttle or less 450' long with my big toe on the brake pedal. I plan on running 30" tall tires on it so that should help shorten them patches up a bit.

20. Thanks -
    I agree its hard to beat,
    everyone who stops by eyefucks that 307 until they catch a glimpse of the blown hemi . They forget all about that little little SBC they were in love with moments ago. Gear heads are a fickle bunch.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Some day you, me and the beaner have to have a meet & greet. I figure somewhere with plastic cutlery, flame retardent furniture, and a good sized ball pit. Got any Chucky Cheeses out your way?

22. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Did you have to do any "massaging" on the crankshaft-seal areas on that pan to make it seal properly? I've read more than once that these were incorrectly cast, and that they don't fit the seal areas well. Hope my perceived info is wrong. I have one just like it. Did yours fit correctly?

Really neat little engine you built there. DD

23. Thanks !
    The oil pan came with a one piece gasket and it wasn't easy to put on. Some care and common sense was needed. No leaks. I could see it causing problems if you were on your back in the dark with oil dripping in your eyes and not being able to see the back side. It also came with bolts that didn't work. I needed to use Allen drive fasteners and special thin line washers. My bolt supplier had then in stock but the local hardware store didn't.

Hope that helps.

24. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Good to hear...thanks a bunch! DD

25. Hey Beaner , did you get banned from chuckie cheeses too?

26. Yep looks just like all the rest of them.....all 9 billion of them!:p

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm still ok there. I always have my daughter with me when I go, if I start gettin' outta hand, she just rolls her eyes at me and says "Daaaaaaad"

But I DID get kicked out the ball pit at Crash Crawlies...Spoilsports...:mad:

28. ^^^^^ now THATS FUNNY , coming from a guy that owns and drives a 29 FORD lol:D , love the color had to look again while reading the thread , I just thought it was sans paint .:eek::rolleyes:

29. Willy_P

Willy_P

31Vicky
    Here is a thread that can help you get your video loaded so we can watch that "283 stroker" - I love that! (I have a 307 goodwrench beater in my 57 chebby)

OT / How do you imbed youtube videos on here?
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768997

I posted one here for you to see if it helps…
    If you have a youtube account, and load your video to youtube, it is easy to insert the link in your thread…

First, open the youtube video, and copy the link name, for example,
    http://www.youtu.be.com/watch?v=pNotUsa2DtY

copy the filename string after the = sign pNotUsa2DtY

On the HAMB Message board, Go to the "Quick Reply" window,
    and click on "Go Advanced" button at the bottom
    Advanced window opens
    Click on the far right "youtube"Icon that looks like a FILM REEL
    (Wrap

Then either above or below, write your message.

This is a video from last August at the Joplin Holiday Inn parking lot the day before the HAMB drags.
    I have been trying to find the drivers name but no joy…saw him at Greaserama also, but did not connect.
    Later,
    Willy_P

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  30. Sweet belly button! Love the color scheme.