Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find (really)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ADVANCE1, Feb 3, 2013.

1. How about bell bottoms????

2. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

I already know the history, will tell as time goes by.

3. cartoon14

cartoon14

so I'm guess'n the car was named "stud" by the rear qtr pic...sweet. My houses always come with plumbing issues and wet basements...way past swing sets, sure as hell no cool cars.

4. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

The car was drivin in the garage in 1977 put on blocks and covered up, not touched since. It was painted in 1970 in Powhaton Point, Ohio by a shop named schwarts something or other. Never raced at the track but often on the street and one story was about racing on Rt. 7 between Bellaire and Shadyside and getting stopped by the cops and just told to knock it off, think that would happen today lol.

5. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Chenge the cars name from "Stud" to "Easy Rider'.......... You could even get the panel paint repaired of you can find similar lace. In about the '77 year that was parked in the barn, my Brother had a blister on a panel painted '55 Merc repaired - talk about history. The previous owner had many tickets - and my Brother inherited the reputation - got a few tickets because they would be watching for it.

;)

6. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

53 COE I also have a 62 dart wagon that i'm doing and have watched yours for awhile, love them wagons as I have many of them.

Attached Files:

• 079.JPG
      079.JPG
      File size:
      161.1 KB
      Views:

7. everyone well the 2 times i tried ..2 times too many i never saw the title one was sent in because the idiot signed someone elses name on it un- noterised never got it back the second time having ran the car through the inspection twice with no luck i brought it home and cut it to pieces

ive heard it taking months or years to get a lost titled one through ohio
    aint worth the aggervation

lucky advanced one wont have these problems with this cool 57

8. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

My 55 had no title as it was a drag car when I bought it. Took a week on that. I had a 29 and 28 Model A, took a couple weeks with mailing in paperwork. I must have good luck or something.

9. gatch

gatch

i drove past that barn for the last 3.5 yrs every day and not once did i ever think this would be in there. Advance1 is one heck of a guy and i sure am glad you found this!

10. servi53

servi53

roll up a couple of fatties and get to work on cleaning it up

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

"Original paint"? I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't painted like that at the factory. Now go get some good paint stripper and get that crap of! Think factory colours. Otherwise you're just inviting 2 barrels like Easy Rider.

12. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

So, the solution to the old argument of "I'm gonna fix it up some day" is to just buy the guy's house and have the car included? ;) :D

Nice score! Looks like a cool ride from the past.......

Al in TN

13. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

We all know its not original paint, but original to what the car was first built as, "A STREET FREAK" WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT?

14. ive got a 57 ford hood id trade ya for the one on the car :D if ya really want to paint the car

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'd call it "Bad Taste"!:D

16. bustingear

bustingear

You're a head in a ford. All the way.
    That is an abused version of an old jingle.

17. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

LOL thats what I like about this site, not afraid to voice our thoughts

18. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

bellaire, ohio

19. Hurry back Spring!!

20. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Is it a rural type area?

21. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

yep

22. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

WOW! AWESOME CAR!!! Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!!!! Jim

23. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Previous owner bought car off of his brother in 72, car was equiped with dual 4bbl at one time but now has a single 4bbl holley carb, when 1st brother owned it, it had 5:13 gears and they took it for test drive and popped the clutch and proceded to rip the rear axles apart. The exh. manifolds look to be HP 406-427 not your typical 390 log exh.

24. Congratulations, that's a great find! It's always great when a HAMBer gets a "barn find", rather than the restoration crowd!;)

25. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

A few years back a tree fell on and put a 10x10 hole in roof just in front of car, luckily no damage. Also 2 extra fenders and front apron in rafters in garage, and the garage itself is like a time capsule with compressor and welders sitting there like the guy just walked out and never came back.

26. SwampYankee

SwampYankee
    from Dudley MA

I had a similar problem with a '77 Grand Prix LJ that I bought off a local doper. My dad nick-named it the "pimp-mobile". Truthfully, it did look lilke something Huggy Bear would have driven. I got so sick ofspending time with my hands on the trunk chatting with the local constabulary that I almost sold it. Eventually word got around that it was under new management, either that or all the old cops retired.

27. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

So will you announce to us local guys to Bellair, OH when the unveiling will be? Sure hope so because I want to be there.

28. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice find! Shine it up and drive it.

29. jkovalski

jkovalski

Looks great Todd. I wouldn't touch a thing other than cleaning it up and getting it on the road. The old customs are a piece of history. Can't wait to see it!

30. SOHC427

SOHC427

How Cool is that. Congrats on a really neat find!
    Eric