Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Hot Rod Reunion - New England Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Jun 16, 2012.

1. coupemerc

coupemerc

Does anyone know which classes will be run? I'm also trying to finish a project that I can race at the event.

2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Well this is not good news! Sept 5-7 is already a busy weekend with the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, the Orange Drags on Saturday and Ty-Rods on Sunday.

3. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Hey Joe, how big is your yard ??? Maybe you could host a Hot Rod camp out weekend ??? Or maybe Eli ??? ow close is he to NED ??:D:D

4. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I can fit a few small trailers, but the drive way is all up hill!!! Definately up for a cookout if everyone wants!
    Eli is about 2 1/2 mins further than I am, just up the road. He has a bit more room for sure, but you'd need to talk with him-haha.

Not sure what classes they are running, but Hot Rod classes are good for cars running 13.99 and quicker, then there are the competition style classes. They advertise a 'car show' as well, so I will be there with something or things no matter what.
    If I can get the Buick up and running early enough, I can get a few days at the track to see if I can remember how to get out of the hole without burning the tires off too bad.

5. Hey Joe, your boss has a really nice big yard........

If it comes to a showdown, I'll support the local shows.

6. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Yeah, Jim has a great yard/feild. But his is nearly an hour away from the track.

I am hoping that it wont come to chosing which show to go to. Hopefully we can get them all in. There are 4 weekends in Sept!

7. Church Key

Church Key

I just got this Email this morning. All that talk about changing dates for NEHRR….forget about it! We are now back to square one, and the event is confirmed for Thursday, September 12 through Saturday, September 14, 2013

8. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Well that's good news Jack. That date seems to make the most sense. If the Alter Boys can move their show back a week, that would be great!

9. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sent this thread to Eileen Daniels. Maybe she passed it on to NHRA and they got the hint that it wasn't a good change.

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I know it's a year away, but people plan their lives around events like these!

SHEESH...pick a date, any date...AND STICK WITH IT!!!

11. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

the 12th-14th is better--i know my group of 5-6 wouldnt miss the orange drag reunion[10 mins down the street]

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I myself am very glad to see it put back to the original dates. It will also give Eileen time to get there from Indy.

13. Anyone have more info on the New England Dragway, address, etc. I want to map it out and look for hotels.

14. pitman

pitman

15. cayager

cayager

better get working on mine

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Same here!!! :D

17. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

I am gonna need the extra week! I can tell already. Off to a slow start.
    So excited though.

18. Thanks. That's just an 8 hour drive for me. That's about 4 hours less than Bowling Green!:)

19. Glad they went back to the original dates. It'll be a busy month but looking forward to it!

20. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

21. Nice! This will be fun.

22. snaptwo

snaptwo

Get that old rusty pipe out of the rafters and drag that hemi out from under the bench , freshen up and even though it won't pass current tech. a guy can have ball just cackling it. It's about the NE had an event like this. S

23. Church Key

Church Key

For those interested in learning more about this race. There will be representatives from the NHRA Museum coming to the annual Mid Winter Drag Fest. Guest will be Steve Gibbs, Larry Fisher and Greg Sharp.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  24. Church Key

Church Key

BTT The reps from NHRA will be at the Mid Winter Hot Rod & Drag Racing Fest. This Saturday Jan 5, 2013 at the Hudson Elks. See ad above...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  25. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Hopefully it remains the weekend after the Adirondack Nationals, I haven't missed one and won't, and I really enjoyed the HRR in Bowling Green not so much in Ohio mainly because Bowling Green has a great Campground next door and some shade, Ohio was blistering and no place to hide and the Headquarters Hotel was quite a ride.

26. wheelsup56

wheelsup56
    from so.jersey

Cant wait!!!!

Attached Files:

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm so ready it isn't funny. Alot of positive response. It's going to be a good one.

28. flintstonecharger

flintstonecharger
    from Mass.

Hey Larry,heard it might rain,just like Thompson? Maybe I should stay home so I don't curse the event? How you doing printing the money for the 55?

29. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

This is going to be fun !!!

Attached Files:

30. bgaro

bgaro

geez, i guess i got no excuses if you guys are this exited i gotta go. I'll make the 15 minute trek.