Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many members are "Car Less?"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Or maybe doing the 'Nay-V8 Boogie'? :D

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Nothing Hamb friendly right now, though I owned many long before there was a Hamb. Maybe in '13. I'm hopeful something will surface within my budget, which has been damn tight the last few yrs. Final year of college for the youngest, then we'll see. My slightly OT ride will keep me busy in the meantime. But I'm not growin' a damn mullet to matter what you guys say, Donahue didn't. :rolleyes:

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You may have a point there...;)

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Originally Posted by Traditions Racing [​IMG]
    All the Hot Rods are gone following the divorce, she even took the custom Menstral Cycle.

Tell you what TR, you can have mine. Hell, I aint usin' em anyway...:rolleyes::p

5. There ya go TR both of his and one of mine you can take my job at te pawn shop. :D

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

before I can commit to this, I'll have to ask my wife if I can have 'em back...:eek:

7. After I sold my Hudson, all I have that's HAMB-friendly is my teardrop camper trailer project. Always on the lookout for something, though. I've a couple of cool non-HAMB vehicles I'd love to do some trading with, though!!!

8. Had to sell my last 3 in 2011. When the eye doc said I need surgery to prevent going blind, the cars went. Gotsa memories.

9. nicksduce

nicksduce
    from indiana

sold my 89 olds &93 buick drivers and replaced them with a 66 chev truck to go along with my three 32s &71 cutlass

10. codeblu

codeblu

Had to sell a few of mine to save my house and shop...... I do have some O/T rides still.

11. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

According to norman vincent peale you have to get a picture and make a list of everything you want in an old car. Next you envision the feeling of what it would be like owning and driving your old car . I did this and I found my 60, a 60 flattop I sold, and now a turnpike cruiser. I did this to keep me motivated in school. I even convinced the wife about the need. This year I will slam the dumb debt, then pick up my Turnpike... His books are amazing!

12. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Still waiting to be able to afford my first one...waiting some 53 years now. Maybe some day...

13. pdc

pdc

I guess I do fit in the new social carless club. However I do have some goodies to go in 1 when I eventually get one.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't wanna talk about it.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got a yard full that are all projects at the moment and not having a running hot rod or custom that I can actually drive sucks but that condition may lessen by summer.

16. supervert

supervert

like many others here, i have to many, 3 hamb freindly drivers and a 28 carcass that i am gathering parts for, then have a crawler project, and a half a dozen vw projects. i even have a 50's forklift with a flathead

i sir, have a addiction ;) [​IMG]

17. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I don't have one that is driveable, haven't had one in many years actually.....drove some that belong to friends once in awhile but not one of my own in along time....hopefully this year.....been saying that for along time though....Jim

18. metalix_421

metalix_421

I wish I had your problem lol

19. You are just going to have to cowboy up and go in her purse while she's asleep and get 'em. :D:D

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

Best keep em on velcro. Easy to re-attach.

21. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Guilty. Taking a break from cars and shows for a few years, my choice. Pinstriping and custom paint f/x has become more of a focus whilst i saving for a new car and finding a new place to live. Looking forward to cruising again but happy to have time to follow my other interest.

22. I am "car less". I was gonna get some sort of a HAMB-friendly car or build one this year but my daily driver is a Monte Carlo SS getting 8 mpg and alot of attention from the police and they seem to feel that they deserve MY money and MY license more than I do. :/

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Back off bud....he's my Daddy!:D

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFLMAO! I have already told my co-workers that if I suddenly stop showing up for work without any explanation, call the police, and have them dig up any 6' long areas of freshly turned earth in my back yard...

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

That's true,... But it's a rather complicated relationship,... Denise,... Are you being a bad girl again ? :D

26. KevinR

KevinR
    from IN

Didn't mean to post. Please delete.

27. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I consider myself carless when I don't have something old to drive everyday, so, right now I'm carless. I sold my '56 F100 daily driver in Nov 2011 and have kicked myself in the ass everyday since. I am heartbroken. Out of all the HAMB friendly daily drivers I've had in the past, it was by far the coolest, most reliable, and funnest to work on and drive. My girl still has her '53 Chevy 2dr mild custom in the garage, but it's still in the project stage and I don't consider it mine. I have a bunch of tubing and vintage parts to build my front engine dragster, but it's not a car, or will it ever be a driver.

Although I'm actively looking for something to fill the void in my soul in the form of 40's-60's cars & trucks, I miss my F100 so much that I've decided that I'll have to build another, albeit a bit different beneath the sheetmetal, to curb my desire to be in my old favorite.

As for now, I have a 20 year old 4x4 Suburban and hate it with every ounce of my being. I don't like to drive it, work on it, look at it, talk about it, or even think about it.

28. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

BRING IT ONE BUD!!!!!!!!!!!.........For all those 3 Window Coupes, you're gonna have to fight..............I've already decided to make one traditional, one like an old stock car and the other one a rod............can't change my plans now...too late.......

29. Harms Way

Harms Way

Shes a girl,.... and she hugs really-really good, and she makes amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies....... And..... Denise is a true Hot Rodder..... Did I mention she's a good hugger ? :cool::):D

30. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I don't consider myself "Car Less" but I sure would like to get this project on the road.