Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. terryble

terryble
    from canada

That would be painfull she must have screamed like hell!

2. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

under the back seat of my 65 corvair i found a couple of speeding tickets and a few minor in possesion tickets as well

3. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

I found a dead body in the trunk of my '52 Chevy.

It was just a squirrel.

4. j hansen

j hansen

Maybe not so cool to an American,but for me as a Swede this old leather thing
    whit keys and driverslicense and a info note from the Office of the Govenor,make the cars history more vividly.
    Found in my De Soto 1941

Attached Files:

rjones35 likes this.
  5. I also found a leather key case. It was under the seat of my 40 chevy when Ben D brought it to me. Had the dealer's name embossed on it with a chevy emblem and the correct keys to the car.
    Once when working at a salvage yard in Portland, Oregon I was talking to my helper...he said sometimes guys would stick their pot down the back seat of cop cars when being transported...HMmmmmmmmmmmm..we found a couple cop cars out in the yard and pulled the back seats...every one of them had a stash of pot under the back seat cushion!

6. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

A set of SW green line gauges in an old dyno gauge panel I found in the back of a Maverick. I put the gauges in a girlfriends car and her dad sold it before I could get them back out.

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

Now, tell us what you did with the pot or was it just to old for you. :D

CRUISER :cool:

8. rickl

rickl

There was something similar in my 46 International. Grandpa used it as a farm truck and corn picker was 'stored' in the bed when they retired the truck. I think the picker was donated to a history museum.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. You used to have to stash the pot under the FRONT seat of the cop car.....when they got you to the station, they removed the REAR seat to see what you had stashed......probably should not ask me how I know.

10. jake8092

jake8092

I was cutting into the rear quarter section with a 4-1/2" cutoff wheel when I struck a beer can that had fallen between the trunk extension and quarter panel. Just so happens it was still full and fully fermented! It didnt taste so great when it sprayed out of the cut line...

Funny part is I recognized the brand (after seeing the can)...Same brand I drank in high school, This Chevelle was my first car so I guess it was payback for loosing a full beer 12 years ago.

11. sled56

sled56

When I was tearing down my origonal 30 coupe I found a Badger brand condom, sold only by drugists, new , still in it,s box. It now lives in a zip bag hanging in the new interior, gets some laughs.

12. SUSQ

SUSQ

As a high school senior, I worked in as a stock boy in a small store next to an insurance agency. We shared a parking lot behind the building and the receptionist at the agency drove a beautiful 1970 GTO convertible. After admiring the car for some time, I was surprised to drive by the local Chevrolet dealer and see the GTO sitting in the front row of the lot. I immediately pulled in, test drove the car (scared the hell out of the salesman on the test drive) and bought the car. After having the car a short time, I stopped at the local car wash to use the vacuum. Before putting the vacuum hose under ther driver's seat I took a look under the seat. I was shocked to find a gold men's wedding band with three diamond chips on it. Since I knew the previous owner worked right next to the store I worked at, I stopped by on my way to work the next day. When I showed her the ring and explained where I found it, she angrily snatched it from my hand without so much as an apology. I can only imagine what BS story her husband gave her as to the whereabouts of his wedding band! I'm sure her husband had some explaining to do over dinner that night!

13. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Found several pounds of rat shit and piss soaked cotton today.. along with a comb, several hundred pencils and a math book.. had fun

[​IMG]

14. ninosdad

ninosdad

30 + years in the car biz, lots of stuff... panties, condoms (yeah both) a real (damn it a woman's) Rolex under the seat of a Mercedes, a S &W .38 in the seat springs of a Camaro... cleaned out tooooo many cars Oh yeah the thing I hate the most since Hanta Virus... rodent droppings lots of rodent droppings, I wear a respirator and gloves now everyone should if there has been Hanta Virus in your area, a guy died of it near here.

15. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I've found many things in various old cars I've bought over the years. The most memorable would have to be an 8 ball. Actually it's a wonder I can remember it at all!

16. This probably isnt as cool to a lot of you but in my Pontiac I found this... complete with chewed up gum stuck to the back!
    [​IMG]

I also found bullets stuck in the door, some shotgun shells wedged down the back seat, I found a few BA oil cans in the trunk and a Shell one, I found a box that said "Coins of the World" on it but all the coins had been ripped out and then I even got myself a living breathing packrat, lucky me! But he got hit with a coyote trap and dealt with. :eek:

17. sluggo1936

sluggo1936
    from Colorado

That 1918 dime is worth about $725!
    http://cointrackers.com/coins/221/1918-s-mercury-dime/
    If you can only find a 1916s... $30k!!

I found some 5 cent buffalo's in my coupe. Good thread!!

18. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Picked up a bad case basketcase 1950 chevy and PO didnt have any keys to car. The 50 looked like its been sitting in field for years. Said he lost keys sometime ago, told me whatever I find in car is mine. Was kind of nervous, I guess that meant bodies also. Trailered it home. Got car opened and trunk popped. Along with 100 pounds of rat turds There was a dewalt 12inch chop saw, two car ramps, and couple snap on screw drivers. Hells yes.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

19. Shawns49

Shawns49
    BANNED

I found this Husky Hitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

That hitch is rad!!!

21. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

My 55 country squire had a car bar in it. That thing was awesome .

22. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Found 3 Morgan Silver dollars & a Liberty Silver dollar in the rusty floor boards of my '58 2 dr Ranch Wagon.

Attached Files:

23. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Thats funny!

Got me thinking of my friend, who welded up a Opel Kapitän 1962 that was rusted out.

When he was repairing the rocker panels he put in an unopened Elk Brew, a 7,3 % beer from Sweden, between inner and outer rocker so the next owner who would repair it would get a surprise!

[​IMG]

24. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I found these personal protection devices in a 38 Chevrolet.
    [​IMG]

25. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

that's what i'm looking for ( 714 )---finding only rat turds

26. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

Fellow Thunderbolt and best friend Keith found this key in my '55 while riding in the back seat. It's pretty old. I can't seem to date it but I'm pretty sure it fits an old cast padlock. I wonder what my grandpa had locked up? This thread makes me want to remove the rear seat.

Attached Files:

• KEY.jpg
      KEY.jpg
      File size:
      326.6 KB
      Views:
  27. As Meatloaf use to sing,,"Paradise by the dash board lights" :D HRP

28. So much cool stuff and so much rat shizzle!

29. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Well I been a trimmer for a long time.Have found almost anything that exists on this earth,some things that probably don't.I have a toy box 18 x 36 that is full of hot wheels some from the 70s, maybe earlier. more money, dope ,guns , knives than you can imagine. Always an adventure . Jack

30. 6DODGE6RAM6

6DODGE6RAM6
    from Lemont, IL

In my '51 coronet all i found was the ripped up interior pieces along with the mummified remains of some dead animal under the seat (thought it might have been a cat but teeth were a little too big). otherwise just a bunch of random car parts in the trunk,most of which weren't even for the car in question.