Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thee Inland Emperors running for AMBR 2013 with the Woodward roadster!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

"Designed" and "Beauty"? That's sort of funny, your omission of CHRA's '33. Well, as a car show judge and artist you must know what opinions are like.

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

....by the way. The I.E.'s car and the Brizio built roadster were bitchin'!

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Only omitted to keep the conversation HAMB-friendly.

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Alright...I've calmed down.

XOxo

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

You need to shave. You're scratchy.

6. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Can't wait to see those two cars in person soon. The Mumford car will be on tour I'm sure. I hope Thee Emperors can bring their car down to Round Up or the Revolution.

I still say an owner-built car should have some kind of bonus points for the "brass" to go up against those million dollar builds at the GNRS. The Woodward is the most imaginative traditional car I seen in a long time!

7. Don having seen both cars in person this weekend I have to agree with you on this comment. The Woodward car was breathtaking and so refined but the Mumford car did seem to "stand out" more.

Like Don I mean no offense with this but my first impression of the Woodward car was this thing is so well done and so well thought out that it SEEMED too simple to win the award. It clearly wasn't a simple build and it was my choice for the win as I thought that the engineering of the car was ingenious to accomplish such a low key look while still making it IMO the most unique car in the competition.

You guys should be proud!!

8. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

After talking with someone who really knows early Ford parts, I really think there needs to be more discussion and understanding of how this car was made from basically a lot of parts that nobody would use on an AMBER build yet was executed in such an artful manner of fabrication, yet so simple, that the result was just pure genius.

KIRK - I've had more discussions with people about what this car was made up of, and it's just a fascinating study of using simple but rare parts at hand to make art.

When was the last time you saw a separate floor shifter for a Columbia rear end?? (Most are vacuum controlled)

And the plain and simple stock 21 stud flathead.....

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Pretty darn amazing, huh. Genius design.

10. Or how the Columbia control linkage is a stock 32 brake junction. Or the dual fuel pump stand, or the air cleaner, or the steering arm, or the nose and hood sides, or the...every part on that car is either a modified early Ford, or hand made in early ford characteristics.

11. In addition to all of the incredible features already mentioned, the one piece contoured molded rubber floor mat was pure genius by the build team. As extremely simple and basic as it first appears, the resourcefulness & time it took to design the layout and make patterns for a 'contoured' floor mat with ribs and a logo that matched the shape of the floor tunnel and up the firewall was a fantastic detail. It looked like a manufactured part.
    John, you should be really proud of your accomplishment, and thank you for allowing me to get an up close look of your 'craftsmanship'. As Kirk said, "genius design", the more I looked, the more I saw!

12. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

What's the steering wheel from?just a beautiful build.

13. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

I made it out of two different wheels. Outer ring is 32 ford with all of the nubs shaved. The center is 40' cab over the horn button is custom to match the hubcaps

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. Yeah, that mat is a work of art. John has many hours into that puppy alone.

15. brad2v

brad2v

It looks great in the pictures, I imagine even better in person. I must know more...

16. krome

krome

17. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

On Saturday afternoon my daughter and I were checking out the NHRA Museum with another Dad and his son. One of your crew guys, wearing the white coveralls gave my friend's son a Woodward Roadster sticker. That kid talked about that sticker all the way home. You guys are first class. Thanks

18. sololobo

sololobo

Great showing guys, I was hoping for ya, goin against the big boys and that almost one off Ardun mill is almost impossible. Your build is certainly my pick, which don't carry any weight! But thanx for producing this super fine hotrod and letting us enjoy seeing it. ~sololobo~

19. HAHA! Yeah, we were all handing em out, but the real treat would have been getting one from Pedro Panda!

20. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

ImageUploadedByTJJ1359483526.827631.jpg John on stage taking a picture of the building and crowd.

21. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

22. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, for the uninitiated, layman dumbass :)o). . .

Could these subtleties have been overlooked by the judges?
    Could the (true) genius of the build have been lost on them?

I have no idea . . .

24. What is that fan set up??? Got a pic of that?

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm . . .

26. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Very nice!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

27. Cshabang

Cshabang

Looks amazing. I was bummed out when Chris sent me the text stating you didnt win...BUT at least it was to another car that could also truly hold the title. I cant wait to see more details..wish I could do it in person

28. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Woodward roadster was fantastic and I really liked your whole display. I was pulling for this car to win. Amazing workmanship and presentation.

29. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I would love to see a detailed feature on this car. Definitely proves the point that hand built or modified unique parts totally blows away catalogue visa purchases. I am happy that it was not beat by a jelly bean Boyd clone like so many ambrs in the past. The fact that this car belonged in this field of mostly much higher dollar cars is COOL. Congrats to all involved.

30. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

I made it
    For some reason it's not letting post pics right now ill try again later