Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Show a year of progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

I just bought my Falcon last week... Hopefully I'll have a finished picture of it to post in about a year... lol

2. Looks goood Grudge . Stay at it man

Do you have any pics. of the falcon ??

3. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

here's mine almost ready for road

Attached Files:

4. One year and the chevelle is that close to roadtrips ? Fast work . Thats all I can say on that as this is OT car and I dont want the moderators to shut us down . Nice work though regaurdless !

5. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Yes sir... A couple from the for sale thread... I bought it from rss_69 in the classifieds here....

[​IMG]

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Not exactly one year increments, but you can see how the project has progressed...

June 2008
    [​IMG]

Mid 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Febuary 2010
    [​IMG]

August 2010
    [​IMG]

Febuary 2011
    [​IMG]

October 2011
    [​IMG]

December 2012
    [​IMG]

At the Painters, June 2013
    [​IMG]

March 2014
    [​IMG]

Dec 2014
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    kiwijeff likes this.
  7. Thats going to be one nice looking station wagon . well detailed and very clean . Thanks for posting .

8. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Sure do... I bought it off rss_69, a member here... Here's the day I brought it home..

[​IMG]

9. Thats a sharp looking Falcon . What do you have in mind ? Color, etc. Straight axle cars are very popular . Not to much negative stuff about them that Ive seen anyway . Good luck man ..

10. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Attached Files:

11. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Approximately one year --

Still had a TON of work to do at this point to get it driveable

[​IMG]

Bonneville Speed Week trip - August, 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the first road trip (to Salina, KS, for the KKOA event in July, 2012)

[​IMG]

Malcolm

13. dew468

dew468
    from Austin, Tx

when i got it and 13 months later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

KustomCars - Thank you!

Malcolm - I love it.

15. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

I'm basicly going to try an make it look like it just rolled off a drag strip in the summer of 65... I'm going to put the spoked et wheels from Speedway on the front, and leave the wheels that are on the back alone.... Fiberglass tear drop hood... Paint it wimbledon white, and letter it with old school brush strokes... and stickers it with retro racing stickers...

For the go part.. I'm going to drag one of my 428 blocks to my buddies house and we are going to build a 428/427 hybrid out of his old FE nascar stash... then back it up with a top loader 4 speed, and some 4.10's in the 9-inch...

Once all that's done, I'll take it to a feller I work with and have him redo the interior...

One thing I'm not sure of though, is what class it would have ran in with it built like that... you know, I don't want to just put some letters on it, I want it right...

16. JB roadrage heres some info for you so you can have the right Class designation .Gassers had to have all their fenders mounted basically unaltered, but bumpers could be removed. Gas Coupe/Sedans were classified by weighing the car and dividing the weight by the engine displacement. In the beginning, an "A"-class car was 0-9 pounds per cubic inch, a "B" was 9-11, a "C" was 11, and "D" Gas was 13 and up. The following year, an "E" class was added for cars with over 14.6 pounds per cubic inch. Flathead and inline six-cylinder cars (there were no V-6's back then) were kept separate, so they didn't have to compete directly with the OHV V8's. There was one combined "Gas" class for Flatheads and inline 6's

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  17. Malcolm , thats the way to build em drive them in process , wish I could do that . nice build you got goin on there bud !!

Your knockin it out pretty fast Dew . Have fun . Oh I see you already are.:D

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  18. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Thank you sir... That both answered some questions, and opened up some new ones... But I'll quit junking up your thread and start a different one.... Hopefully a year from now I'll have so pictures to post in this thread...

19. Well fuck I am telling you the classification for gassers was here . I started playing with background color , closed from the thread , went to work and now its gone . It looks like I was trying to be an ass but thats not the case . I PM'd you with the info JB and I will post it here again for others if their interested . Gassers had to have all their fenders mounted basically unaltered, but bumpers could be removed. Gas Coupe/Sedans were classified by weighing the car and dividing the weight by the engine displacement. In the beginning, an "A"-class car was 0-9 pounds per cubic inch, a "B" was 9-11, a "C" was 11, and "D" Gas was 13 and up. The following year, an "E" class was added for cars with over 14.6 pounds per cubic inch. Flathead and inline six-cylinder cars (there were no V-6's back then) were kept separate, so they didn't have to compete directly with the OHV V8's. There was one combined "Gas" class for Flatheads and inline 6's. Andy..

20. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

It's all good brother... I read it... It was tough, but I read it... I just don't know if my car would be considered a gasser or not.... My front axle is moved forward slightly, not sure how much as I haven't measured yet... But I didn't want to continue to junk up your thread by asking....

21. Lets see if this can kick off again .Any new 1 year progress pictures from you guys ?

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Last May...

[​IMG]

This May...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
    kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Kickass Koupe Dreddy.

24. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Built from feb 2012 to may 2013.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. I'll play. It's getting so close I can taste it. (or is that the un-burnt fuel in the air)

One year ago.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never get tired of hearing it. ;)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m9bGAk4YU5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

26. `50 Spartanette

`50 Spartanette

Arizona, summer last year ;

[​IMG]

exactly one year (and a move:p) later in Utah ;

[​IMG]

27. Dreddy. You do 40 hr. week plus have time to put that kool koupe together as well ?? Kudos to you bud . Excellent job in such a short time frame !!

28. 15 months droptop ? You knocked it out as well . Patina going to stay ? Looks good wearing it either way . Thanks for posting !!

29. McTim 64 Another guy who is putting me to shame . I haven't touched mine since Dec . The Y block sounds strong . I wouldn't get tired of hearing it run either !!! Your not far now from the shakedown run . Later !