Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs **The debut of "Kiwi Krush" at the Suede Palace**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rcavaliers

rcavaliers
    from downey

one of my favorites at the show

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I think I want a 54 Hardtop now? Bitchen Ride ese

3. lucky ink

lucky ink

My compliments to the chef ..Great job

4. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Looks fantastic! Does that mirror help?? I love the way it looks and if its functional I'm thinking about running some on mine.

5. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

And you never said it was a beautiful machine either. My underwear is fine, Thank You. Next time Fuck the Back-handed compliment, just tell it like it is. Well worthy of its award.;)

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks jamcoupe.. yours was one of my inspirations..love your ride.. yeah that mirror actually does work..comes in handy and shows just enough on the side to see whos back there :)
    thanks Mark in Japan and roddin-shack... i see what youre both saying... It is true Mark.. the last few years the "SUEDE" Palace has been getting less "Suede-eee"( is that a word?) with more and more painted rides.. I even noticed that and was like..should i even be here? But thats when roddin-shack makes a good point... Its also meant to showcase the work in progress rides that get driven to the show in the rain, snow, etc.. (which i hit snow on the way home with no side glass!) mine isn't 100% complete yet either... but you know what..after walking through the other buildings.. i have no business being in any other building BUT the Suede
    Palace! :D those other rides are top notch and flawless!
    Thanks guys for the positive comments, appreciate it

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!! Stunning car, and all the better being built in your driveway. This should inspire anyone who is thinking "I can never do that" and give them proof it CAN be done.

Frank

8. adams27

adams27

What a payoff for so much hard work!

9. I must say the car turned out great. One of the pics used on the first page was one i took a couple years ago at BadBobs BBQ. Awesome. Heres a couple more from there if you dont have them already.

Attached Files:

10. Congratulations! Awesome job, soooo awesome that you did it in your driveway! I like the video of you driving it to GNRS! Nothing wrong with a little rain:D

11. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks Frank.. i hope i did exactly that :)
    awwww i miss my silver bullet :( haha great pics, thanks for sharing them

thanks Weeks

thanks adams27

thanks so much buddy! you see the vid on FB? yeah i thought it was cool cruising down in the rain Thursday... what wasnt cool... was driving back Sunday in the snow with no side windows! :D

12. espi1

espi1

I followed your threads and it was great to see in person! I also have a 52 and will be hitting you up for advice. All the best!

13. bonesy

bonesy

Congratulations and well deserved.

14. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

sweeeet...now snap to it, i want to see those vent windows:D

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Very nice product young man,What's next?:D Bill aka Tnomoldw

16. Well deserved award, you should be more than happy.............
    I've followed the build closely for a while and this is my first posting on it.
    One question though, is the roof still done in flake?
    It looks in the pics like the roof is the same as the rest of the car.

17. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

BadLuck, Mr and Mrs BOMONSTER really dug your car too. We were there late the first night looking at the cars and she noticed yours first. It was the paint that got her. I was into the nice chop, grill and dash and she loved the paint. Your progress pics remind us that the hobby really is often times about a guy in a driveway building a masterpiece with hand tools. Thanks for posting.

18. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

That is a sweet ride. The stance is right on the money.:cool:

19. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Fantastic job, love the colour, I wondered what I'd look like crushed!

Scotty

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks.. definitely hit me up if you have any questions..ill help as much as I can :)
    thanks bonesy
    matt you kill me!! youre ALL about those vent windows! i might just have you help me...now snap to that!:D
    thanks Bill.. well next is to do interior and as "slddnmatt" will tell you, vent windows! then its time to look for a 35-36 Plymouth coupe :)
    thanks itsmee, yes the roof and dash are still flaked out.. flake does not cooperate well with cameras! kind of a in person thing:)

Thanks so much Bomonster and to the Mrs. Bomonster! Can't tell you how much it means to me to hear comments like this.. I almost was going to drop it off for body and paint because i was nervous and doubting i could pull off a paint job worthy enough for my car.. but now that its done and I see the results and all the positive feedback..its an amazing feeling of accomplishment. Thanks again my friend. CJ

thanks hotrodmano!

21. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Let me clarify...your car ROCKS! No doubt about it. It rocked pretty hard when it was black primer & scallops too!!!

This award just jolted me to realising the effect the HAMB has made over the last 5 years or so.

Didn't they start the Suede Palace coz it was the only way they could get ANY recognition for the barn find originals, and traditional hot rods in among all of the "Street Rodders"???

Well now that the 'Main Room' has gone this far in the Traditional direction, has the suede Palace rewritten the rules, and made itself redundant????

BadLuck's car isn't 'second class'.....it's just plain old badass!!!!
    At what point is a car "too good" to be a winner in the Suede Palace?
    Will trophy hunters one day 'dress down' their cars, chasing the Suede Palace Gong??????

22. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha thanks Scotty.. hey no disrespect to my Kiwi's! Love you guys! :) this color was called Kiwi Metallic... so instead of Orange Crush, or Grape Crush...we have... Kiwi Krush!

Attached Files:

23. That is a sweet ride. Stance and chop and color are perfect.
    Later,
    Dick

24. layedout49

layedout49

One of my favorite Chevys for sure , awesome car partna

25. Beautiful Chevy!! Spent a lot of time wandering around the Palace and yours was one of the ones I spent several stops at noting the many subtle changes. GREAT JOB!! A well deserved honor!! Now drive the HELL out of it!!

26. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I am so happy that the quality has gone up in the last ten years, I hope that rats will die out forever soon.

Congratulations, you deserve the accolades.

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Congrats . All the hard work you guys have put in has paid off. next stop VLV .......

28. Terrific car - you deserve the trophy.

If I win the lottery tonight I'm on the first plane out with a fistful of dollars.