Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Chevy Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobra_4, Jan 27, 2013.

1. cobra_4

cobra_4

My dad made a trade for this tonight. Pretty neat little car. Defiantly an old school rod. The bottom half is flat black, red metalflake on top, all the trim has been powedcoated black. Its got a pretty got 327 with a big cam. Ford 9 inch rear with a mini-tub. Its got a four speed. Disc brakes up front, power. Power steering. Check it out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gonna add a few small touches to it. I've got a moon eyes tach and a red metal flake wheel to add. Gotta fix a few things, we are thinking about ordering an vintage air/heat set up for it.

Here is a video I got off the previous owners you tube page. She's hits a nice little lick!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWS25nNHnC4

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  2. It's got a kinda sinister look,,I love the trim and the moon disc,,not so much the red metal flake roof,,but all in all a pretty cool car. HRP

3. henry29

henry29

I don't care for the black trim at all, but it looks like a nice solid car.

Is it a 150?

4. cobra_4

cobra_4

I'm not sure honestly? I guess? Yeah I'm not a big fan of it either. I handle the bumpers, but I think we are probably going to put two chrome V's on it, and maybe a few more chrome pieces.

5. metalix_421

metalix_421

cool car i dig it

6. Butch M

Butch M

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Please say you're going to chrome the blacked out trim.

8. cobra_4

cobra_4

Parts of it for sure. Chrome V's are a must. Not gonna go crazy and spend a bunch of money, but as we can find nice used chrome we will put it on.

9. please please put chrome on it and id lose the salt flat disks never cared for them on a street car

i would of traded for it its a cool car love the red roof just reminds me too much of the 80-90's monochrome look

10. cobra_4

cobra_4

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the disks, probably gonna put some correct chevy dog dish hubcaps on it.

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Oh the horror of blacking out that stainless and chrome! Half the beauty of a 57 is all the chrome/stainless dripping off from it.

And while youre at it, please make that black paint shiny!

12. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Painting chrome is a big no no, and your car is a 210

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. indyjps

indyjps

Looks like a solid car, undo some of the previous owners errors and it will be a good looking car

14. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

15. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Nice car its cool. Im not gonna sit here and tell you all the stuff I dont like about it. Thats just rude and cocky in my eyes. But hey what ever. Its a friggen bad ass ride thoe im not gonna lie.

16. snaptwo

snaptwo

Your 'waggy' has lots of potential! Fortunately the side trim is stainless and can be stripped and polished again , bumpers replated . It's your choice though.

17. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

very cool ---enjoy it as is---plenty of time to change things---nice ride

18. Drive Em

Drive Em

I don't think he asked for anybody's opinion, he said to check it out. Cool car.

19. lawman

lawman

Very nice wagon !!!!

20. Come on man,,this is the Hamb your gonna get opinions,,good or bad,it's just part of what makes the hamb so much fun!

I still like the car,,with the moon disc,black paint and the painted trim,,I just don't care for metal flake,,never have never will!,,but that's me. HRP

21. cobra_4

cobra_4

Its all good I appreciate all the opinions good and bad. Besides its not like I built the car, we just bought it this way. We will make changes.

22. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

very nice ride kind of sinister looking

23. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Un-tub it :eek: yes on dog dish caps & shiny trim,

24. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Love the wagon!!!...Looks like a Black Widow to me..

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'm not gonna tell you what I don't like or would change cuz it's not my car and my Momma always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say a thing"......it certainly appears the P.O. certainly liked what he did and that's all that matters...until the new owner came along...

Looks like a nice solid build, congrats on the purchase...

R-

26. sololobo

sololobo

Very nice wagon, lots of good suggestions regarding trim etc. And I see you are headed in the way I would approach it. The gold bel Air fender trim would be on my list of deletes as well. It is an awesome car with a ton of positve strokes, great interior! I have had a 150 handyman and a Nomad and love 57 wagons, congrats on a super score and being so brave to post it up and have us experts remodel it for you, ha ha. ~sololobo~

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Looks like a solid car. I like the stance, and I'm sure you guys will make changes to personalize it to what you like, not what we like. Looks like way more than "mini tubs" to me! Do the rear tires really need all that room?

28. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Man I like this wagon a lot. Very cool looking and I just love the flake roof. What is it about metalflake that makes them look so damn good?

29. codeblu

codeblu

I'd bet shes a blast going over the mountain to Hayesville.....

30. I'm actually OK with the flat/shiny black thing. Red interior is a good choice for black car.

The red roof - well, it's not a motel, so I'd do that different. I think I'd get a period mirror and a stock, red, steering wheel. Otherwise, I'd drive the wheels of off it!!

Cosmo