Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 34 Ford Tudor project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345winder, Jun 23, 2012.

1. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks man, aprecite that! i tried to get the chop just right,,,,,a chop on a 3 window to be just right is not the same chop you do on a 5 window,,,or a tudor,,,i just wanted the chop along with the stance to all work.....thanks again..

thank you!

ive had this week off for some vacation days i had to burn up before the end of the year..i didnt take pics,,but ....ALL the garnishs are cut down and fitted,rear spreader bar done, all shocks mounted, spoon pedal refitted,and some other stuff too,,,,,thats it..

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. Desert_Rat

Desert_Rat

What a build!! Keep those updates comin. I really like where your going with this!!!

~Dustin

3. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

this will be my last update of the year....

i was off work week before last , so i got some time in to do some work,so since this is thee last post of thee year i'd figure i'd finally take some pics.....,,, ,i got all the window garnishes cut down, made some rear shock mounts & mounted shocks, modiedfied the houd-id-doo(spl? haha) shocks up front to mount to the spring perches,,,,made a rear spreader bar/license plate mount,,,thats all,,,(the license plate is the same Kentucky 1934 plate that was on my black coupe,,i sold it last year to a cool dude in flordia and we have kept in touch,when i got this 34 i asked him if he was still running the KY 34 plate ,which he wasnt, so he hooked me back up with it!)

see you Mo-Fos next year!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks BRO!!! man i need to get away from the store and stop by your shop,,seems like forever since ive been down! Happy New Year Bro!

5. Please do! Talked about you today--Roger and I passed by your uncle Kenny's on the way to Horse Cave. Good times.:)

6. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

definetly!

7. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

it's 2013, is it done yet?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. See ya driving it to Beatersville and HRR, right?

10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks Joe!

all i lack now is finishing!

but seriously, mostly waiting on parts, (roof insert parts on order, glass getting cut) and $$$ to order new gas tank & have exhaust put on it)

yes!!! looking foward to it!

11. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

well it's 'GOT WOOD' i had a few bows that were good for patterns,,so decided to make my own outta red oak,,,that was the easy part?!,,the whole roof insert is uncharhtered teritory for me,,so next comes the upholstery!!).....also, i got the windshield glass installed....(got a call from glass shop today,the quarter glass is ready,I still need to make a templete for the rear glass)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  12. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Like the wire wheels and steering wheel. Perfect for this build! Looking good!

13. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks! going for a certain look!

14. If that certain look is awesome, YOU NAILED IT!!!

15. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Looking good. I really lie the '34 Sedans! Makes me really want one. Keep it up.

16. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

17. Muffin

Muffin
    from Layton, UT

Yep!

18. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks guys!!!..

got the roof insert installed...i hope i dont have to do another anytime soon... :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  19. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

well folks,,,probably the last update for a while,as it's about as done as i'm concerned :)
    ,,i got the exhaust installed today, all that's really left is wire up headlights, install back glass ,gauges and work out some bugs
    so anyways , thanks for all the compliments throughout the build as they have really been motivational.

here's the pics.

at the muffler shop,,,i had to have help from a pro shop.:), they are great, they do it for you anyway they want it.;), i will do a lil tweaking to it, but overall it works for me.

[​IMG]
    on the way home stopped for a photo op.
    [​IMG]

installed a new gastank and 34 tailights on modified 32 stands.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

well, thanks for looking!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  20. LFS11

LFS11

Looks perfect. Tell me more about the roof insert, what did you use and how was it to install?
    I'm getting close and I like they way yours looks.
    Again nice work overall.

21. texkbc

texkbc

22. Kickass sedan! Nice job man.

23. bluestang67

bluestang67

very nice look to it .

24. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks fellas!!!

i used Lebaron Boneys kit, basically all the kit was was a big piece of canvas, a big piece of cotton and a big piece of vinyl and it came with a couple packs of tacks .i purchased the molding seperatly that goes on top of the fabric, its made out of aluminum and comes in straight pieces that you have to bend to fit, it can be difficult to bend to the curves,,so if you dont have your originals, i suggest you purchase an extra piece as i screwed up the first one, then had to order another one and since they are (i think 6 feet) they have to be shipped oversize. also i got the chicken wire which goes down first from TSC...... my tacking material (fiber type stuff in the roof channel)was decent,,not perfect, so i was able to tack the roof insert material down enough to then mount the aluminum molding over it and bolt it down over the tack strip,,,it was a bitch, i dont know if i did it right, but i know its not going to come off!

well, the drivers side pipe was bugging me,it stuck out up front bu the wish bone mount because it was kinda close to the clutch master, so i took it off made a heat shield,,cut it up and pulled it in some,,, then painted both with high temp semigloss and bolted back on,,, so they dont stand out so much,,,they should loose their gloss after a couple drives...

[​IMG]

25. LFS11

LFS11

Thanks for the info!! It looks perfect, def not like a first timer. If you're interested in what can go wrong ill send you pics when I try it...
    Great job.

26. Besty34

Besty34

Thanks for sharing

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

27. 5wndr: Your sedan is killer! I built one like it in the seventies and really think about it alot after seeing yours. Keep after it. Tim

28. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks Tim! I would really enjoy seeing that if you have any pics to share!

29. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i love your sedan. nice work. thats the perfect amount of chop. glad you didnt have to modify the firewall too much.. looks great!