Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Kirkegaard Merc, 1939 early style custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sledge, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

Leon (the previous owner) would shit in his pants and keel over dead to see what happened to this car. But I LOVE IT! Beautiful job to all involved. Awesome car guys.

2. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

Thanks man! Had 30 days to body & paint and re assemble with Kevan! It was worth the time!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

ImageUploadedByTJJ1359272262.808604.jpg

Special thanks to Siikens Akzo Nobel/ Lesonal paint! Truly the deepest Black n Clear on the market in my opinion for solvent based paint! Also thanks to Knights Paint & my brother Chris Silvera for all the help.

4. lomofo1949

lomofo1949
    from Georgia

Outstanding job....beautiful ride....gets me back focused on my 39...Thank you for This thread it has definitely given me inspiration..once again Outstanding job.

5. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Fantastic job on the paint Adam, as you say it looks miles deep and finishes the car perfectly. It is one classy ride

6. resto-rodder

resto-rodder

The car is truly a "classic early custom"! The profile of the top and the stance of the car are perfect. I think that leaving much of the original trim and tailights on the car give it just the right look! Everyone involved did a wonderful job.

7. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Outstanding....it´s perfect:)

8. sled

sled

9. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Looks great, Tim. Looking forward to see it here in Sweden this summer!
    Fabulous job, everyone involved! :)

10. This car looked dropdead GORGEOUS !!!! This car should of been in the movie Gangstersquad.I mean this had early Hollywood all over it.This car has been on my mind ever since I seen it yesterday.

Kevan.......you did a GREAT JOB.Adam and everyone else.......couldn't ask for anything more the car left me speechless yesterday.

11. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Lovely lovely work. Hope I`ll see it this summer in Sweden? Where too Bud??
    A-Bombers? Power Meet? where. I gotta see it live :eek:

12. neckter

neckter
    from Orange, Ca

Hats off to Kevan & Adam and everyone that helped out, REALLY nice!!

13. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Hoping to see it at the Sacramento Autorama?

14. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Well I finally got a chance to sit down at update the thread. Man.....what a whirlwind this last few weeks (or months) has been! This car was built in a very short amount of time and the last few weeks it didn't look as if it was going to make it! But because Tim and the gang were flying over for the show, giving up was not an option! This really was a team effort and I would like say a BIG thanks for all who were involved with building this car!

First of all I want to say thanks to Adam Taylor (aka Shug white) who really went above and beyond just painting the car! He did MUCH more than he initially agreed upon and was right there until the very end making this all happen. Including some seriously late nights! His paint and body work are fantastic!! Thanks man!:)

Chris Silvera was also a huge help! Because of the short amount of time to get the car done Adam had Chris help with a lot of the body work. Also, he works at Knights paint in Grass Valley so he got us a great deal on materials. He was there to help us put the car back together until the late hours too!

More people to thank:
    Jesse at Sacramento Customs for some welding and polish work on the stainless.
    Pacos Upholstery in Roseville for getting the headliner done in one day!!
    Danny King at Arden auto glass for getting all the glass done in two days!!
    Vic at AAA plating for all the last minute polishing and chrome work
    Jeremy from the Poorboys for help with the car a putting up with it being in the middle of his shop for 2 months!
    Dave Putnum for help with the brass trim around the back window.
    Knights Paint

Also, a big thanks to Rik Hoving for the great photoshop/design work. He's really got a great eye and his work is second to none!

Thanks to Tim Kirkegaard for not having a heart attack during this stressful build process! And for being understanding and patient with me. He's was great person to build a car for and had much to do with the design.

Thanks to Palle, Per Webb, Tore, Lars, Bjarne for helping with the car at the show! We were literally bolting on stuff at the show to finish the car and these guys jumped right in to help!

Now the car is back at my place for some small detail work and will be at the Sacramento Autorama in a few weeks. I will post some pics soon!

Thanks again to everyone involved and I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  15. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Here's a couple pics from the show. it was really cool to be part of the show and to have to car parked next to the Jack Stewart ford!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a few pics back at my place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Great work,the car really stands out with the nape trim.Does any others have that? I haven't seen any.I guess you found it tool a special application. Good Luck at the show. Keep us posted.Some pics please.TY Bill aka Tnomoldw

''I wanna go where the lights are low where I can go'n spend my dough an dance with the dolly with the wooden leg''

17. 53chevy

53chevy

I think the fuzzy dices need to go back! Just like the 50's bro, hahahaha. That chop speaks volume, awesome job, inspirational to say the least.

Kenny

18. The pics from the show are great - but the images taken outside in the real world are stupendous!! Great work everyone; congrats on the vision and workmanship. Sledge, you amaze me. Truly a fine new custom! :)

-Dave

19. Sooooo awesome! Was hoping to run into you at the show Kevan. Fantastic work! Are you looking forward to painting yours now? :D

20. 777

from Pasadena

I think I like the shots of it outside your place even better, nicely done my friend

21. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Chris! man I didn't even know you were at the show. it would have been cool to shoot the shit! Oh well, next time. yes im really wanting mine painted ASAP! It looks like crap now next to the Kirkegaard!! :eek:

22. hasty

hasty

Rigtig godt!
    Beautiful car
    (Smuk bil!)

23. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Fabulous work Kevin! Seeing this car in person was stunning. So glad you pulled it off in time for the show. Congrats!

Love the stance in this pic!!!

[​IMG]

24. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

/\
    Perfection right there. that's a great shot and shows just how good the merc looks. superb work Kevan .

Paul.

25. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Congratulations to a very well executed job!
    And congratulations to a fantastic new car, Tim!

Now you need to take a beer and relax, Kev! :D

26. sled

sled

Kev,looks way better outside on daylight...you and the whole team created a milestone...time will tell but the result is nothin short of stunning ..beautifully balanced proportions..one of those very special moments in life ,no doubt

Congrats to all involved

27. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys, Here's a few more pics. It's really great to have a finished car in the garage! Makes me want to get one of mine done!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And hangin out with Reno's Mexicali

[​IMG]

28. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Nailed it!
    Seriously could anybody wish for a more beautiful Mercury. It's nice to see it parked up next to the Mexicali. I'd be interested to see a couple of nose to nose photos of yours and Tim's car, to get a clear look at the different roof lines.
    Kevan in all the photos taken at your place Tim's car looks to be riding lower in the rear and the roof appears lower too compared to the photos at the show. The photos above are fantastic and I'm sold sold sold on that look.

Again major congratulations to everyone that worked so hard to create this masterpiece and thank you for giving us all something to covet!

29. So refreshing to see a modern built Custom with a stance in an ocean of layed out cars at the show this past weekend.

30. Can't wait to see at Sacramento