Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ----->> friday art show 1-25-2013 <<----

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Latest sculpt. Squatch!!! Mold making later today. Resin figures available tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Hey thanks guys!! Stoked to be making new work and I have a few moto and rod stuff coming this year!

grf-x, hey special thanks man...appreciate the support! I do have a pile of new shirts on my site now, I don't want to spam the board with links but we do have new stuff to replace the old legends! PM your address and size and I'll see if I can't find an old design or two laying around for you!

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Very cool work ......

[​IMG]

Classy and inspiring work ......

[​IMG]

Super work ......

[​IMG]

Killer artwork ............

[​IMG]

Love this one Ken and a great series ........

[​IMG]

Mark, Ken, Wanda, thanks for the kind works ..........always much appreciated.

4. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

My wife would dig that, where do I get one.

5. lizzie

lizzie

That is AWESOME! Your attention to detail is amazing!

I haven't had them printed up yet, I have a few more things to adjust and they will be off to the screen printer, should have them in a few weeks, as well as a few other designs I haven't finished yet. Just add me as a friend on here and I'll keep you posted :)

6. Thank you so much Ken, Lizzie and Bob!

Ghoul, what did you use for an armature/ foundation? I've been messing with my Sculpey a little and see that same dark crap develops as my hands get a bit dirty. I was wondering if that's what I see on your's or is that the foundation?

Killer Job man, I think it would be funny if that were proportionately accurate to the real dude... if it, in fact, exists at all...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  7. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

I use crumpled tinfoil as a foundation because it is cheaper than sculpey and helps in the curing process. The dark crap you see is super sculpey firm mixed in with the super sculpey. I used to just use the firm stuff, which is grey but my hands are getting worse with arthritis so I'm switching over to the beige stuff and mixing them together a bit. Stay away from the white sculpey, it's crap.
    Good idea on the proportionately accurate figue. I may just do that. Next up though is a Werewolf Tiki Mug. I'll post pics of the finished resin figure next Friday! Thanks!!

8. I guess this weeks show isn't good enough to get "Sticky status" ... Seems strange Everybody is rockin it outta park again... You guys never dissappoint!

9. Varin-Maeus

Varin-Maeus
    from Scio, OR

It's shaping up to be a awesome Friday here.

And now...

[​IMG]
    "Awful quiet around here. Gonna have to do something about that."

[​IMG]
    "We have lift-off!"

10. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

I guess that the bosses must be at the GNRS for this art show not getting a sticky..........................Great work guys.

11. 1948plymouth

1948plymouth
    from Minnesota

Neat idea.

12. realkustom51

realkustom51

Killer show this week everyone. I found a customcory floor scrap.

[​IMG]

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Cool stuff everyone. Here's a non-sticky bump.

14. X-2!
    :cool:

15. lizzie

lizzie

I LOVE this! Fantastic idea!

16. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Great show guys!!

17. sololobo

sololobo

That Caddy is so el-suprem-o! Couldn't shut my face yapping about this at our Automotive brotherhood gathering today. It is beyond fab! Thanx for sharing and the cheep thrills!! ~sololobo~

18. An art show bump and a big Atta boy to CIXPack for his beautiful rendering, to
    dmccraryart for his incredible watercolors. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the McMullen Roadster piece! To Kenmo for experimenting and entering the arena. A nod to Janne and HUGE
    WOW! to the all powerful Oz for the Caddy and his astounding was of making Mr. 'D Aogustino's designs come to life! To Rubens for doing justice to a killer Telecaster!

Also love Varin-Maeus' brilliant work

Thats just to name but a few of the fine contributors to this great week's body of work!

19. edweird

edweird

Did this today.

Attached Files:

20. edweird

edweird

you are quite the talent!

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Did this 10 minutes ago....

Attached Files:

22. KC

KC
    from Calgary

Thank you very much!

Killer show to everyone!

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Everyones stuff this week is BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I am glad I started messing around because to me Art really lifts the spirit.

24. lizzie

lizzie

KC, your work is fantastic, I love your pinup girls, your proportions are on point!

Here's another shirt I came up with, I know it's not friday anymore, but I did start the preliminary sketches last night....so I'm counting it. haha

[​IMG]

25. Nicely done brother......looks great.

26. I'm no artist but this is my contribution. "Henry & Clara". All pre-war Ford parts. Need a window crank handle for Clara's "hair" still.

JH

Attached Files:

27. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

Wow - I have always been blown away by photorealist painters - what medium are you working in?

28. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

This is actually a photo that was digitally painted in Photoshop. The background was extracted and replaced and the moon was added.Then the whole image painted.

29. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

<a href="http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/timm95/?action=view&amp;current=rat.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

not Friday anymore but i almost never have anything on topic to post so here is a Brother Rat Fink I did a lil while ago, hes on the clients blue bagger I'd originally put him on a cool bobber but I think it still turned out neat. The image is bent in the photo as it was the only way I could get a decent shot of the piece as its kind of on the back/inside of an elbow etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. KC

KC
    from Calgary

Thank you very much Lizzie!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.