Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Roadster Frame without reveal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Mike, Jan 24, 2013.

1. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Since every question you could possibly ask can be found in SEARCH, you shouldn't be able to ask any questions on here.:rolleyes:

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And so no one has to adjust to a pre-1964 vocabulary, we can reverse the presentation so:
    There are no frames that will readily go under a '32 car body that do not havereveals!

3. I guess it's just a case of semantics,,I thought you were smarter than that,,trouble with us dumb Southerns,,we call them all trucks,,I was merely pointing out that mine has a reveal.

You are right the double BB's don't have a reveal.HRP

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. Lucky Mike

Lucky Mike

This is very informative. Please keep the comments coming. How does a 1932 title and VIN play into all of this if the frame is repop and the car is glass? I will take several more pictures of the frame all around, underneath etc. and post them. Thanks again everyone!

5. alchemy

alchemy

But you do still have the original transmission that had the serial number stamped on it too, don't you? Right? It's out back in the garage somewhere, right?

6. Don't know about Colorado but in good old sunny California it is a bogus title. Pretty sure he can't answer you but if he could Boyd would be a good one to ask about that.

Best thing is not post much about it on an internet site with over 200,000 users some of them openly police officers (and others not openly law enforcment officials) and drive it and enjoy it.

7. verde742

verde742

IF your gonna FAKE a reveal, don't use tubing, condensation inside it will cause rust out, use solid rod. Used tubing ONCE to fake a rain gutter on a 40 Ford, made a mess after a few years,, I wanted it to look like a 34 gutter, cause the stock one was rusted off.

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Can you tell if the frame was assembled from pieces? The Deuce Factory rails were the first stamped frame rails AFAIK. They did not eliminate the reveal. I got the first set of DF rails that were sold to a private individual and not a speed shop for fabricating frames. I got them through Anderson Industries (AI) and I made a frame from them. WE bought all our streetrod parts from Dave.

9. My TCI frame from the early 90'sappears to have had the reveal ground into it. Appears!n

10. Got a E-mail from my pal Dick last night,,his frame without the reveal did come from Lobeck. HRP

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cut down truck frame. The truck has as much not to like as to like but he drives the wheels off it. From what I can figure it was built on a 1-1/2 ton or larger frame.
    [​IMG]

12. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Unnecessary Roughness

Attached Files:

13. No problem here,I respect alchemy,,just a Southern/Northern miscommunication! :D HRP

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

O.k. Everything I was going to say has been covered. I knew the difference between truck and pickup (though I usually use "BB" for truck 'cause I'm one of those slick westerners:D), and I can even add that the first deuce frame with the reveal pounded out I can remember was on John Buttera's red high tech '32 three window around '79 or so. (Shit, he's gone too...)

What I do want to know though - What in hell does OFFICE/OFFICE:eek:! Mean? What am I missing?

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

And ya know what? I was wrong dirrectly above too! (I hate that guy and so should you...) The first revealess deuce frame I remeber was John Buttera's first white '29 in '75 or so...

16. I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking but why would anyone want to build a Deuce now without a reveal,,,after all it is traditional and looks right with one and oh so wrong without! HRP

17. alchemy

alchemy

I apologize. I was just trying to be direct. Usually if I try to beat around the bush, people can't read my expression on the interweb. And, I hate being told I'm wrong when I'm not.

HRP and I do agree that a '32 frame with no reveal is just WRONG.

18. Us Deuce guys get testy from time to time,,we are anal like that!:D HRP

19. My father's 32 panel truck has the reveal, I assume it was produced on the same frames as the pickups were. And I agree that all 32's should have the reveal...

Attached Files:

20. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

wow... really?

21. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Some conversations i've had through the years have mentioned some commercial frames without the reveal. I know about one example where someone "repaired" his Pickup frame with new revealed rails i guess because of looks. I'm still in the hunt for the two original rails he thought were ugly. But they are just the same elsewise. Even though i have yet to see one myself, i beleive they do exist sinse several independant people talks about 1932 pickup frames without the reveal

22. topperguy

topperguy
    from Minnesota

Just read through 3 pages of this thread and yet this all important "reveal" hasn't been revealed in any pictures. I say it's just folklore! HA HA

23. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Of course the reveal hasn't been revealed yet! You have to buy it a few drinks first!! It's kinda shy.

24. If the frame looks old is there any chance it is a '33-'34 frame. Does it have a K ('32) member or an X ('33-'34+) member? Does it have a serial number?

Charlie Stephens

25. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

26. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

27. 117harv

117harv

This thread has been quite un-revealing, or totally revealing I can't quite decide:confused::p

28. Go to the Ford Barn and ask the questions. They have 32 Ford experts that know the difference between a pickup and a truck and they usually, but not always read the question and answer the question instead of what they thought the question asked.:D

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

WHAT THE HELL DOES OFFICE/OFFICE MEAN!!!:D Thought we might get that out of the way...

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Doubt that it is a 33/34 frame ;)
    They are 6 inches longer wheelbase than a DEUCE ...