Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest car you've owned?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alienboyfinney, Mar 31, 2008.

1. TurboX2

TurboX2

80 Mallibu 505 BBC 3000# 5.88 in the 1/8 mile 128 MPH. In the 1/4 the speed was to high for me!

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Here is a story about the ol' Horse I posted 5 years ago on here on another thread.....

I picked up a girl at Korvetts one night, she insisted she wanted to go with me when I raced someone, I had a factory 67 GT-390 4spd. Mustang Fastback, (blew up the 390 and replaced it with a dual quad 427 side oiler, It was Black on Black with SS Cragars),..

She kept saying "ooh race that one,... no no,.. race that one!"I pull up to the light near West Chicago and a guy pulls up next to me and and rapp's it a couple times,... I look over at her and said are you ready? to which her reply was a giggle,....... We spooled them up and when the light turned green I side stepped the clutch and we went to war,.....

Over the sound of that Big ol' 427 yelling out it's name,... Her screams just about blew out my ear drum, with a occasional STOP!,...STOP!,..WE"RE GONNA DIE!!!!,.... along with more screaming of coarse,..... despite all of the "encouragement" I got from her,... the Ol' black horse won,...... as We slowed down she started crying hysterically,... and saying "I wanna go back to my friends!".

I take her back to Korvetts and she jumps out of the car and runs over to her friends,.. still crying hysterically,... I go over to explain because they were looking at me like I must have tried to attack her or something,.... They all called me a jerk (or worse) as they were trying to calm her down,... I look back just before I get in the car and I see the back of her light blue pants,... and her butt was dark blue :eek:,... I look at my seat, and sure enough,.... I had to go over to Top Hat hamburgers to get some napkins,......:mad:

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

That 75 Ranchero running 9 sec in the 1/4 is nothing but pure BS. All that with a carb swap. Could you imagine what that Ranchero could do with some real speed equipment? I know many guys that never ran 9 seconds with a lot more then that in their cars.

4. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

'72 Vega, 327/Powerglide. 11's, high 10's in the 1/4. 155+ out on the highway.

5. TurboX2

TurboX2

Good one Harms Way! I bet she didn't ask anyone else.

6. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

It would Have to be my 2013 TDI VW Jetta, with forced induced, lithium-zion megatron cored rectifiers, dual IRU's, GPS corrected steering, running on nitrogen filled tires with air bearings for all four wheels. It's so quick in the 1/4 mile, that today's timing devices are unable to time it's run. I'd like to see Mr. Ranchero's Daddy beat this car with his carburetor modified 460!!! ROTFLMAO

7. F91

F91

My current "other" car is a 2011 Mustang GT 6 spd . White with red Lemans stripes. Brembo's,Cai, Tuned, x pipe, lowered, koni's, etc... Stock it's a 12.8 car. Top end is around 165 ish

8. Ahhhh......

It's good to see that this thread is coming to an abrupt end (O/T cars).

By the way, I stand corrected about there being "no bullshit" on here.

9. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it was the one I was in when my girlfriends father drove up behind us back of the grain elevators..

10. the fastest car I have been in was a 850 hp long travel sand rail no idea what sort of time it would have gotten. In the morning at the dunes the sand gets firms and wet from the dew. It would flat out shit and get. I would love to see one of these with big drag slicks and some small runners up front.

11. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

ot car 1983 z/28 468 bbc th350,10.40s on motor 9.80 on a 275 shot.street car.10 inch tires.
    2006 mitsubishi evolution turbocharged 122 inch 4 cylinder all wheel drive.10.50s in 1320 about 165 on the highway,fully street dressed

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

It didn't belong to me, but we built this for my best friends brother in the 80's A real junk Model A coupe body, custom tube chassis built 454/PG, don't remember what cam, but it ran a 1100 cfm Dominator and a 9" with I beleive a 4:56 and a mini spool... I got to run it once and was in the 10's,... If I remember right it's best times was in the mid 9's,... and this was built just to drag race.

(It ran at Detroit and Milan)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. trashn'l

trashn'l

Fastest steet car- 1969 Road Runner- 440 4 speed, drove it to the track, ran 11.55 through the mufflers on M/T ET street tires and drove it home.

Fastest race car- Pro Gas 1968 Satellite- tube chassis, 440/auto, tunnel ram- best time 9.91.

14. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

no smoke on this thread--"the facts, just the facts" sgt friday-- (this is a true story) when i was 16 i had a fast 58 impala --local grownups ( mostly bar owners) used to match my car against against other cars and bet on the race--rolling start 100 mph from the end of the on ramp westbound rt 44 joplin to the bridge --approx one mile--ran chrysler 300's ,plymouth crossrams,big block solid lifter fords and various hot cars---one night they call me and when i show up there is a 53ish olds with a blower sticking through the hood and cones where the headlights should be sitting on a trailer (it was purple) no mufflers ,full cage, etc.----hit the start at around 100 --when i pulled third around 120 + and he was several cars behind when we crossed the bridge--don't know if he broke or what---car was from KC saw it headed north on 71 on the trailer--i was never out run top end---was out run by a fuel injected vette in the q
    uarter when i missed a gear --30 mph rolling start---true story---got a light---my speedometer gear in my tranny was for a 4.56 my rear end was a low 3.something so speeometer was off a little

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. Fedman

Fedman

My Dragster, 6.993

Only 6 Second Run that we made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

don't need no time slip --we trust you----that is fast --i still remember the first 6 second pass i ever saw--MOKAN early 60's

17. Hey at least I was honest about mine. ;)

I have owned a car or two that would be considered fast and a car or two that were pretty quick. nothing like the real race car guys on here.

trouble is that some were OT and most were not something with a time slip or something other than the seat of my pants fast.

Do they compair to anyone else's, probably not but they made me happy.

18. joee

joee

i didn't think there were guys like old 460 !!!!!!!

19. joee

joee

Ur funny !!!!!

20. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Mine was a 67 Camaro with a steel head, pump gas 502BBC with powerglide and a trans brake. It had too low of a ratio rear gear at 4.88 and too much stall in the convertor at 4500rpm for this engine combination, but it was all I had at the time. The car weighed 3260 with me in it and best pass was 10.30 @ 128mph. I was pretty lazy between rounds and would just cool it down, check tire pressure, and gas it up and run. Afterward cap the headers, put 25 pounds of pressure in the slicks and drive the six miles home. I sure miss that car.

21. FANTM58

FANTM58

MIne was a 68 GTO drop top
    built 400 w 400 hp ?
    4 spd
    4.11`s
    primer grey
    ratty top
    judge spoiler

22. Fedman

Fedman

Last line is the most important thing! You are right on the Money with that PorknBeaner

"Happiness is wanting what you have"

I have an old 53 F100 that is not fast, but it makes very happy.

23. big bad john

big bad john

Guess it would be my 1939 ford coupe that I still have

24. I once had a '54 with the original 6 and with the windows down in the winter it was real fast. I sure enjoyed driving that old truck.

Sometimes the fastest vehicles on the face of the planet are measured in Smiles Per Hour.

25. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I had a little 11 second 68 Barracuda back in high school. Man I miss that thing.:(

Attached Files:

26. 55 chevy 2 dr hardtop, drove on street and to school in 1974, ran 12's, Dad bult the engine. car was hard t-boned by a tree. right now it sits about a mile from Mom's house. Guy wont sell it back to me.

27. Nash-Time

Nash-Time

In '75 or so, Gary and I put a built 428 into a 67 mustang conv. That car was scary fast. Hit the throttle hard once and, with good bite, pulled the radiator out of it's mounts. (read twisted the unibody). Pulled the motor out and put it in our circle track car.
    Jerry

28. 5-4Belair

5-4Belair

My Dad wouldn't allow me to have anything close to quick. So my fastest one is a 2012 Ford Flex Ecoboost. Funny name for a twin turbo V6. :)

29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is one of them, although I was only 1/2 owner.

Attached Files:

30. rat nasty

rat nasty

not site oriented but you didnt say pre 64 or nuthin!!! 88' coupe mustang true street car 5.70's 1/8th mile 1.30 60' with time slips! BBC, one stage nitrous, P.G., 3.73 gear, 8.8 rear end. that was on a M/T drag radial 315/60-15 I miss it but like my hot rods I have now way better!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013