Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Second Coming...

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jan 14, 2013.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Sectioned shoebox??? In this thread?

2. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Hell ya, Great thread,... Love these things... Built mine, drove to Monterey, and back to western New York in "09" Gary Emory was of help when I did mine in '02'

3. jaymaechtlen

jaymaechtlen
    from SoCal

Those cars are gorgeous!
    Thanks...

4. My rear engine German Car BMW

I really don't think that this will have a 2'nd coming even with the "SMART Car"

I got it for free when my uncle passed in 1984.
    Last on the road in 1959. Can't believe that one sold a BJ a few days ago for over $30K. This one is rust free and only 5700 Km. My 13 year old son & I carried it over a muddy drive quite a few years ago. 700Lb without an engine.

Ugly but still rear engine.

Movin/on

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting hunk of automotive junk ^^^^ . . . .

But don't think it belongs with 356's.

6. Moe

Moe

Great post Ryan... Killer thread.

7. Rod Emory

Rod Emory

I will keep you in the loop on the 40. Not ready to release anything public yet.

Your welcome to the pics. It was really great meeting you guys and now being reconnected.

8. Gator Mc Klusky

Gator Mc Klusky

Cool That's my family name ;) Cops stop me with some old 70's Firebird or 55 Chevy, and shake their heads when they see my license ;) They usually just laugh and let me go... ;)

Nice cars. My buddy has an unrestored very early '51 with the split window. Looks like a stepped on Beetle. Cool thing.

But I can't help. I like the american stuff better!

A 72 911 with a souped up small block Chevy is also on the road in Germany. Crazy. Would be my choice. Just to make some of the nose up Porsche guys get mad. And it's faster also! ;)

9. Ryan you won't get any hate mail from me. I'm a huge fan of vintage Porsche, Ferrari, and some MG's.....the styling and enjoyable drive they offer has ruined me for life. In particular that of the 356 Porsche....and the early 912's. Someday, Lord willing, i'll own one.

10. Here is proof that sports cars (especially German sports cars) and hot rods can co-exist. My 356 Cabriolet, a customers 356 coupe, a customers 911. With my Model A in the background, and the rear end of my '32 Roadster poking out beyond the Lexus on the rack. Love the fact that so many of you "hot rodders" are into old sports cars as well. Thought I was some kinda freak.

Attached Files:

11. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Great read and excellent to see many of us share the same passion. I recently opened shop working on air cooleds and vintage BMWs, but I have my '32 and a couple other hot rods we're working on in there as well. The response has been phenomenal with them in the shop, a lot of guys that come through talk about their hot rods they had way back when. Like it was mentioned before, love for old cars shouldn't have to be close minded.

12. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Probably my favorite thread on any forum was done by these guys up in Colorado. They started with this....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and turned it into this...

[​IMG]

There was a long thread on one of those Porsche forums about it. The funny thing was, when he posted the picture at the beginning, he got epic amounts of crap for even trying to save the car. A lot of self proclaimed experts told him it was impossible to do it. As the thread unfolded, it got real quiet as everyone watched with eyes wide at their progress and all of the nay-sayers creeped back into their holes without saying another word. It was built by John Jones at KCW up in Grand Junction Colorado. They built it the old school way too with a portapower and lots of hammering and welding.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  14. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

15. Restraint is one of the hallmarks of a great hotrod.

The best attributes of a modified car are usually those that aren't immediately apparent.

16. Funny isn't it -
    Instead, this thread is about Neil Emory and his legacy. When I look at Neil’s work along with his partner’s, Clayton Jensen, I see the purest of automotive design. T

90% of this thread is about Porsche or VW.

17. DrJ

DrJ

Back in '69 I bought a used '67 VW that would do 70 in third gear which I didn't expect since my '61 would barely do 63 mph with a tail wind, until I blew up the '67 racing a new Mazda rotary over Kellogg Hill on the I-10 and when I went to the VW dealer to buy parts found out it had a 356 engine in it and had to go across the street, and pay three times as much for a piston, cylinder and head. It was sweet, the divorce wasn't...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  18. The 356 pictured at the threads begging is wicked nice.
    If it's got 6 volts it's definitely traditional.