Register now to get rid of these ads!

At A Snail's Pace - News From the Desk...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

The USPS is a flagrant lesson in bad business practices.

3. Fenders

Fenders

I ship dozens of packages every month by USPS with no loss....
    Somebody at the local PO has it in for you.... (but they are threading dangerous waters, stealing mail is a federal crime)
    Hope it all works out.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I ship hundreds if not thousands... And my local USPS is great. I track every package - it typically gets screwy in Chicago.

5. the other me

the other me

USPS stands for Usually Some Packages Ship!!!

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Can you bring me a sack from Taco Villa on the way back?

7. Our tax dollars at work ? Absolutely no accountability. They can;t even track their own numbers. And thanks Ryan. you read my mind on the cowl tag issue

8. april may

april may

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I ship USPS international (a few times a week) the tracking only updates with delivered status 10% of the time. I'll get delivery confirmation through my customers while the USPS tracking still says in transit, and is never updated. Good luck, I am sure this is the case with your internationals.

9. I will only recieve through USPS. . Slow but never had a problem. UK is lighting fast.

10. Poop Happens!:rolleyes: HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  11. bodyman

bodyman
    from east tx

sorry to here that .never had any issues using usps , they operate on their own funds ( sales ) not tax dollars

12. This is a main reason i hate dealing with buying items online. Sometimes its not the buyer or receiver but the man in the middle that can screw things up. Ive always been more of a face to face kind of guy anyways.

13. Chemin

Chemin

As the 1st of the 61 all that I can say it was well worth the wait. The calendar is again a masterpiece. Thank you Ryan for keeping us informed along the way of the crap you were dealing with.
    Kevin

14. n847

n847

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have had real good luck with Biker Snail lately!

Attached Files:

16. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Ordered "The Jalopy Journal" book 1/14, received it, 1/19... IN ALASKA.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Dude... I totally ate Taco Villa the first night!

18. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

19. flamingokid

flamingokid

I ship at least 1k packages a year and have had no lost packages in the last 3 or 4 years.The snails are making me hungry for escargot.

20. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

they lost a box from me i shipped dec 12th . never had a problem before that. But im pretty pissed as it was a rare part

21. Z=ke

Z=ke
    from Long Beach

I also have had excellent results from USPS both in the US and to other countries. Bullet proof packaging and labeling are a must including a duplicate inside the box or envelope preferably secured.

22. No prob boss.... But the mailman is startin' to give me that "get the fuck away from me look"....like i'm stalking him or something.....What's his F'N prob? Whatta jackass!:D

23. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

bodyman, they may run on their own funds but their work ethic and practices were learned from their immaculate gov't supported union!

24. Lost $16,000,000,000.00 last year.
    That's pretty efficient as far as the feds are concerned.

25. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Sorry to hear that Ryan, be patient, I ordered a trunk weatherstrip on Dec. 12, shipped USPS, and I just received it. (they say holiday gifts filled the pipeline) But I discovered and I' am very very happy to find out that the Mexican Postal Service now has a tracking system where I can track packages with the original USPS waybill. I've never lost a package, neither USPS or "Servicio Postal Mexicano", slow though.
    -Fernando

26. The St. Louis center makes Chicago look like a well-oiled machine. :mad:

27. Thanks for keeping us updated boss, standup as usual!! As the first one made it to Canada, I have new found hope for mine! Hopefully it makes it's way west this week....fingers crossed!

28. the HAMB relay needs to step it up a notch...
    that would be alot of tax deductions for hot rods as federal delivery vehicles

if only the hamb tag was all they needed for ID

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Great news... 5 more reports of international packages have been delivered.

30. Now that is a bullet I need to dodge. :D

I have had good and bad experiences with the USPS. All of them have worked out. Traditionally this is not an instant world. I am sure that with a little patience this will work out as well.

As a lady i once knew told me when I swallowed a tooth that broke out of my denture, "This too will pass."