Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The wedding hotrod - 40 Ford Convertible

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomkelly88, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Bump, we need that diagram Tom so we can work it all out!!

2. R.W.JOHNSON

R.W.JOHNSON

HI TOM, JUST GOT YOUR REPLY, I HAVE SOME PIC'S ON MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT IF U CAN E-MAIL ME I WILL SEND PICS, & FILL U IN ON ABOUT THE TOP ASSY, CHEERS RON, MY ACCT. IS [email protected], BEST REGARDS, RON, THAT IS ONE GOOD FIND! ps. WILL POST TOP DIAGRAM SHORTLY AS OTHERS HAVE ASKED FOR AN E-MAIL, THANKS

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Here are a few photos of my 40 ford coup

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  4. b-bob

b-bob

Very clean car, someone's taken good care of it all these years.

5. That's one neat looking coupe, thanks for the photos and comments. Hopefully I'll have an update soon.

6. Mmmmm, should I paint it blue?

Attached Files:

7. No.
    Al.

8. Haha, straight to the point Al.

I really don't know what colour it will end up with. I did think dark green like the image attached but the more think about it the more I think it looks like a British car?!
    Might have to stay with a light colour. It really depends on what will go well with the top colours available.
    Any ideas/inspiration for original type paint colours for this car?

Attached Files:

9. Black !

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. hehe! It is a sweet looking vert , you're a lucky guy .

11. How about Holden Hot House Green, a set of Autobahn chrome plastic hub caps, a PT cruiser grill assembly and round it off with some Narva marine trailer lights at the back, just sayin my bit.:eek:

12. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Found some ideas for your 40 Ford convertible Tom:p. And what a great idea Hot-Rod Dude.

Attached Files:

13. Don't start that shit you two! You can do that to your own 40 Ford

14. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Found this one on the internet which looks like yours.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. I wish mine was that shiny.
    Looking at that photo and other photos of 40 convertibles, the stock roof looks too bulky, I'm thinking maybe a chopped one but its a big choice to make.

Attached Files:

16. No don't chop it, the rear sides will look longer and you don't want that.Mmmm, I have an idea. Be back later.:eek:

17. 28rp

28rp

Nice 40, Tom-leave it as it as it arrived is my vote.Geoff with the 32,s from the southern ,burbs of Adelaide has been telling me how sweet an old car it is.That,s the best way to find ,em!

18. Are you sure it ain't yours??

19. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Also found this one on the internet.

Attached Files:

20. That is my car! I found that ad already.
    I'm waiting to see what you come up with Geoff

21. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Paint it a very unusual Ford factory colour.

22. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Color ? I've never been a fan of white cars and on 2 tones always thought using white on the bottom and another color above was distasteful.In my 75 years of observing cars I have owned some white or with white 2nd color cars.All ARTIC white 59 coupe de ville, a 58 Pontiac,black ,white top and belt sash rear quarters. I had a 62 Chevy convert beater that was white with red accent panel rear quarters,a silver-blue 63 Chevy wagon with a whie top.
    The family photo album has a picture of Dad's 1930 A roadster, all white and I recall his story of painting it black with a hand pump(bug)sprayer.Then was late and in a hurry to pick up his date(my mom).A cop stopped him. Dad said ''Please don't touch the car, I just painted it.''The cop thought he might have stolen it.Any way to my point =I came across a color last year, the name is Vanilla Milkshake.I researched this automobile paint color and after seeing several pictures in different lightings of cars sporting this fantastic color,I got a gut feeling that this is a fantastic color.It gave me a new outlook of the white car I have always seem to avoid.Before I was like''Why would anyone drive a car that looked like an old refrigerator?''BTW today my frige is BLACK.:D I present some pictures of ''Vanilla Milkshake''

Attached Files:

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I'm going to throw in my vote for keeping it the way it is OR returning it to the way it was when it ran back in the day....desoto bumpers and a deep red color.

24. Guy in my club has a bitchin 40 vert in green. LOOKS AWESOME! I also saw one with a 40 Merc convertible top. Ton of work with the rear quarter windows, but looks really good.

25. this is Larry's 40 vert!

Attached Files:

26. Thanks for you input guys.
    I like this idea Farmergal, my plan is to run it around as is for a few years and slowly go from there. I'm very interested to see what it would have looked like in red with desoto bumpers.

Hopefully I'll have another small update tomorrow.

27. So, its bout 9 months since our trip to the USA for LARS, yesterday the last of our stuff arrived in Adelaide and was unloaded. A craftsman lawn tractor I purchased for my Dad, the two remaining tyres for the 40 and hot-rod dude's 36 coupe and some other odds and ends.
    9 months to ship a few things isn't too long to wait right?!

Anyway, I've had the tyres fitted and they look great. I still need to give them a good scrub but I couldn't wait to take some photos.
    5.60 X 15 Firestones on the front
    7.60 X 15 Generals on the rear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40FORDPU, kidcampbell71 and kiwijeff like this.
  28. hmmm, don't know about that vanilla milkshake, we already have one white car and I'm gearing up to paint the Holden white too.
    When ever the time comes, it'll be standard sort of colour, no metallics or candy changing paint. Just nice, boring, solid colour!

29. [​IMG]
    And one with the caps on, I think they brighten up the car even more.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1362790144.470230.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  30. About a month ago now, hamber R. W. Johnson went to some lengths to get me a copy of a 40 Ford convertible top, I thank him greatly.
    This is really going to help when the time comes to install a roof.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.