Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your cuda pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1965Cuda, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Clik

Clik

The old 'cudas look like an updated version of my Henry J.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

LOVE my 360 as well! I backed it up with a TKO600 and an 8 3/4" and haven't been able to kill it yet.

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

TKO! wow, did you get it new or out of a mustang those are nice and pricey.

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

to MoparJoel a mustang.......yeah If I had a 8 3/4 I'd keep it got 4 different 9", mustang, two from a pick ups, and one from a Lincoln Continental (rear disk).......

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Sorry I was meaning to ask Chip what the TKO600 transmission hes running is out of or if its new. but yeah i was just woundering about the 9" cause i see 9's in barracudas and scratch my head why at least here 8 3/4 are pretty common. waist of time and effort sticking a off brand rearend in. IMO;)

6. Gearhd69

Gearhd69

Here is a couple of pics of mine. I have a 383 4-speed in it and just got fired for the first time last night. Good luck with your build.

Attached Files:

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Ive got a ton of new parts (including an all new -motor360 ,904 trans, 8 3/4 rear 3.91 posi) and a decent shell, just dont have the time to finnish it.

PM if anyone is seriously interested @ 11g

8. Here's some more for ya' to check out. :D

Attached Files:

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

The Famous CUDA KID Sorry Warren Couldn't help my self:D Tim Jones

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. This looks like Beech Bend.....

[​IMG]

11. Oh and guys, try to keep this fine thread "on topic". Too many O/T cars showing up that will get this thread shut down. They're cool but they're O/T.

12. Had a 64 & a couple 65's back in the day [70's]. Back windows used to be very expensive.

13. Not pointing fingers. Just saying to keep it on topic. You know how some guys are, if they don't like a thread, they'll go out of their way to get it shut down.

Don't give "them" the ammunition. ;)

14. _sir_charles_of_reno

_sir_charles_of_reno

My favorite car was my 65 Barracuda. I put a '68 Charger FUEL cap on it and thought it was slick. Miss that car everyday.

15. I think an early A Fish with a nicely built 360 and upgraded disc brakes with some chassis tweaking would be a whole lot of fun, and it doesn't look like everyone elses car. Enjoy!

16. jesse1980

jesse1980

Haven't caught one yet, but I hear they have sharp teeth.

17. edweird

edweird

does the petty car still exist?

18. spiders web

spiders web

Just don't break that back glass. My first car was a 67 RT Coronet but it was only 6 years old when I got my license. When I graduated high school I was doing 10.89 1/4's at Connecticut Dragway. Ah the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. super-six

super-six

No, I think it met a tragic end.

20. Yea they were a V-8 Valient fastback. ;)

I never had one but always thought I should.

For whatever reason there are cars that are more acceptable than others that still fall within the cut off date guidlines. I don't have a problem with it but I am sure that someone might. Its one of those cars like my '61 Willys, we are not a 4WD site and while my willys falls withing the year cut off guidelines there are plenty on here that would find it offensive unless I was using it to go pull some old car that they wanted out of a ravine.

21. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

A few years ago my dad (who at one time owned 4 64-65 cudas) was moving from CA to AZ and he ran out of room in the Uhaul truck and was trying to figure out what took priority, he had two big rear windows, I knew and he knew how rare those rear glass pieces are, but he came up to me, gave me a hammer and told me to smash one while he got the other. I had a little fun destroying them but was really sad at the same time cause i know what that meant. still wish there was a way to have kept those 2 back windows we broke.
    look back and think there had to have been a way to make em fit. he threw away alot of good stuff on that move.:(

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  22. flamingokid

flamingokid

Did he ever think about giving the glass to somebody?

23. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

He tried, no one he knew wanted to deal with them.or had 1st gen cuda's he didn't "try" very long I must say.

24. The /6 and V8 K's are the same. The center link is what is different.

Cool combo. The 727 is a tight fit and can tend to overheat with the lack of airflow the 727 creates. The transmission tunnel should be enlarged if you go this route.

Upgrading the rear is a must. The 7.25 is a paperweight and should not be attached to a 360. :) The 6 leaf springs and upgraded torsion bars are a huge help in these cars. You can swap t-bars from any A-body Mopar to your 65. I have 383 bars from a 70's Dart in mine for very cheap.

Which badges?

8.75's are common. A-body 8.75" rears are not. That said, unless you plan to modify the 9", you need a 68-70 Mustang rearend to be a bolt in.

The back glass is worth about $100 if you can find someone that needs it. You can find people that will give you one for free if you need it. In the car, the glass is solid. Many junkyards that have a 64-66 Barracuda have a glass or 2 as well. At least in TX

All that said, the 65's are great cars. Some parts are super cheap and easy to find and others are super high. If the headlight rings are in good shape, remove them pack them in bubblewrap and store them until the car is finished. Start hunting for a set of headers for that 360. Expect to pay about $400 plus if you are not making your own. Im trying to get my 65 ready for paint.

https://sites.google.com/site/hellfish65/

25. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

TTI has a real nice set of undercar 1 piece headers and everthing else to finnish up the system. Coated they are around mid $700 and some combos have to run their starter. I looked at the Thorley/Pertronics and didnt like them

26. storm king

storm king

That image of Bob & Shirley Sullivan's "Pandemonium" without lettering on it yet, is not Bowling Green. Those stands are WAY further away from the track than BG...

27. Bucky Hess

Attached Files:

28. XISLED

XISLED
    from california

here's mine just finished and ready for show season.
    20140404_160313_zpsk0whwsp8.jpg

yeah im gonna catch some flack but heck its my memory...