Register now to get rid of these ads!

odd ball cadillac 331-390 speed equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Dyce

Dyce

The 390 heads have longer valves and a shallow cumbustion chamber. The longer valves also give the ports a nicer (straighter with the valve guide) angle to the runners. I picked up 390 heads for my 331 and did a study here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8282&page=5
    Lots of good info on the Cadillac engines in that thread.

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh man, that is gonna MAKE that car! The flatty always seemed a little out of place to me. SWEET!

3. man this stuff is awesome i got a early eelco twin carb on my 365 sitting in my model a i will put up some pictures SUBSCRIBED!!!

4. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

5. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. This is the reason I haven't sold my 55 motor I pulled from my avatar car. Figured I had it why send it down the road and regret it later. Haven't decided what to do with it yet but it doesn't owe me anything so it can sit on a cart until a vehicle needs it for the right flavor

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

Yes I agree the Flathead is out of place.My original plan was to build another Cadillac for this car but got of course.Time for a little course correction.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

picked up this VS57 with repaired Cadillac bracket a while ago
    thought I might use some of it on an Olds

[​IMG]

9. This needs to go back to the top

10. here is the 365 i have in my model a truck. its not half as cool as the some of the stuff you are posting but its a good motor for my truck. eelco valley cover and 2x2 carb adaptor and moon rocker covers
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. And a mint little pickup it is Dylan,Looks cool and goes well mate.
    I met you and your truck at the Hop earlier this year,I picked up
    the edmunds covers for one of my 365s.
    Take care Chris

12. Yes I remember those were very cool truck has come a wee way since then Chris got the side finished now got new wheels and merc caps changes the look to more how I wanted it looking out for a 6x2 manifold now to use on my truck

13. bfinch56

bfinch56

14. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

15. titus

titus

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

17. bbbbrev

bbbbrev

18. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Just because someone wants more than I am willing to pay doesn't make them a "Douche". Maybe the guy is a "Douche" for other reasons?

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

No it makes them a Douche when they demand over inflated prices for items like that.Its more of an ego trip than anything.It's Ridiculous.. But life goes on.He can go on showing it to his friends and on Ebay.Maybe someone will be retarded enough to buy it..

chickenshift likes this.
  20. charleyq

charleyq

Always enjoyed the look of a properly-dressed early OHV Cad. Specialty parts are getting real hard to nail down. Jumped on a DTE 2-4 manifold at Carlisle years back. 75.00, couldn't pass it up. Found a set of Pribble valve covers with the rocker bumps locally. The new Eelcos are worth the price, but I had to do a little grinding on mine so a couple of rockers would clear the wall. Also, several years ago Hilebrandt cast up some valve covers with the rocker bumps. They were a limited run, but a pair may still be availible from them.

21. Chris_Oz

Chris_Oz
    from Australia

Have this sitting in my shed, not too rare or unusual, I just think its cool, owned it 25 years and have never used, was going to put on a 62 Caddy sedan I owned (still have caddy)

Carbs are Ford items, manifold is like new.

Attached Files:

22. swe64

swe64

i have a 1949 cadillac engine 2 bolt valve covers .is there anyone that can post a picture of a spring loaded cam engine or how parts look .

23. ^^What do you want a pic of exactly?

24. swe64

swe64

there is a difrrence onone of the engine and i dont know what cam i need for my engine i took apart i cant see any diffrence from any other hydralic cam valve train.for answer your question.spring loaded ?

25. The first 49 engine with the 2 bolt covers has a spring loaded plunger in the end of the cam that runs against the timing cover and the later ones don't use this setup.They only made these for 14 weeks or so then changed them out I believe.I think Kanter parts now sell a replacement stock cam for them.

26. swe64

swe64

thanks
    now i know where to look. it is for cam moving and keep lifters position .if you change cam cover is it possible to use newer cam?the had to replace the spring with a solid stop or?

27. Sorry,I can't tell you about the possiblity of using a later cam.Maybe someone else could chime in about that.Plenty of knowledge on here but sometimes hard to get.
    Good luck!

28. swe64

swe64

ok stock cam is not an option in a hot car
    thanks
    ken

Attached Files:

29. bluedog3s

bluedog3s
    from mn

Just got this the other night.

Attached Files: