Register now to get rid of these ads!

ok guys, get busy!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. metalix_421

metalix_421

I could see using that but the question is would it be cheaper to build them or buy?
    have you called to see what they charge for them before starting on the build?

3. There's prices in the link.
    I just need the wheels, everything else is In the scrap pile or in the "I'm gonna use one day" pile.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. Good idea,,but most of us could whip up something similar for a lot less than the 389.00 bucks. HRP

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

McMaster Carr has all the casters you'd need. Seems to me that anyone who has a use for this product should have the smarts/capability to build their own.

6. True, but a chunk of that money is probably for product liability insurance. Can you imagine someone pushing sideways on that boat in their add and hitting a big crack or misplaced tool on the floor? :confused:

7. Well its 100% USA made and comes with a lifetime warranty and free (included) shipping- so there's the money.
    they also "say" it will roll over air hoses and tools without even noticing on the big 2"x6" wheels. HaHa I gotta see that .

As far as pricing goes, its unclear except for the boat Dolly, it specificly says you need 2 @ 398 but the pictures show the same set up in the video. Boat couldnt still have one axle attached like a car. It could be the pricing is about 100.00 a wheel for all of it. Still unclear but in other words, You might need to purchase 2 two sets to spin a car, but only 1 set to move it if it still has one axle in.

Personally the pricing doesn't matter, its a simple project that would get used a bunch and stores easy.
    Yep watch for it in the home made tools and equipment thread.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

9. Up the Sunday night crowd

10. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

Cool. I'm stealing that idea. Thanks for posting that.

Ed

11. barobert

barobert
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the idea.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Keen. Sorry, had a flashback, still thinking about that pic of the kid with the cool socks standing in front of the brand-new '66 Chevelle.

13. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Yep, the only things i'm missing are the threaded rod and the rubber pads.