Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 3100 v8 conversion question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by project 41, Jan 16, 2013.

1. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

i have a 1953 3100 has a 307 smallblock mounted with a v8 bellhousing with rear mounts and a hurst style front mounting plate the rear mounts look rather cobbled what should have been usef for rear perches and mounts and what perches should have been used for the front mount plate? its in there now but i would prefer it not to be so cobbled looking. has anyone done this and what parts did you usr that worked and fit nicely it has the original 4 speed and torque tube if that matters

2. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

i really appreciate any help i can get thank you

3. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

no thoughts on this?

4. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Its custom application so what should have been used? Whatever works I guess.

Great pics btw.

5. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Every supplier for these trucks makes trans and engine mounts that work, most are
    a tube style that dips under the motor with ears that bolt to the side mounts. there
    are also some that are stubs from the frame. Brothers, Classic, Speedway Motors are
    just a few that have these and all can be called up via google.

6. cavisco

cavisco

After looking at the pics you posted, I can see why you think it looks like a cobbled together mess.

7. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

being i didnt post pictures im glad you could see what im talking about what looks cobbled is the mounts on the bellhousing are sitting on a stack of rubber shims like body mounts my question was is there a perch and mount that would work with the bellhousing that is set up for mounts with the stock cross member oh well just asking no bif deal im capable of buying crossmembers and bolting them in just looking for a alternative

8. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

You are a harley davidson service manager and you write like that?

9. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

your opinion is of very little value to me. so if you dont mind m.y.o.b.

10. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

thought this forum was about car guys talking cars and shareing knowledge and experience

11. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Its about getting angry when no one helps you immediately.

There's an AD group here on the Hamb that might have some information. You might also try stovebolt.com too. Tons of good info specific to your year of truck.

12. project 41

project 41
    from colorado

thanks for the information. i only get angry when someone insults my grammar and penmanship for no reason, all whiel offering no kind of intelligent advice.again thank you

13. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

How could we help you when we have no clear idea what you are working with and your text is unreadable? You want answers,help,respect, then present yourself accordingly.

Now lets start over and see those pics of your mounting setup.

14. cavisco

cavisco

Yes, I know you didn't post any pictures. That's why I made my original comments, to try and encourage you to post some photos. We may have been able to help a little more if we had a clear picture of what you were describing. It sounds like you are not happy with the way it was done, so why not just rip it out and start with a clean slate? I think there are several vendors that offer some kits.

Oh, and while I try not to be the grammar police, periods, commas, complete sentences, and capitalization go a long way in helping others understand what you are asking. Anyway, good luck with your project.

15. I was just considering posting the exact same thing. Hard to help without pics or punctuation. Thanks for posting this for me.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad