Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

ill be down for this idea too. I talked with gwhite a while back but i got busy and havent had much chance to talk to him about meeting with him. Id like to meet a few houston hambers as I am new to houston(just moved here 1 1/2 years ago).

2. txturbo

txturbo

Saturdays are good as long as its not a late breakfast. I work on my projects on Saturdays and Sundays and I'm way behind.

3. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

I'm in. My truck is down for a while, though, so y'all will have to settle for experiencing my sparkling personality instead of seeing the awesomeness that is Krusty the Ford.

4. gjp1

gjp1
    from Conroe, TX

I'm in, say when

5. txturbo

txturbo

Today would have been a good day...doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate with what I had planned to work on.

6. aldixie

aldixie

I'm in, but would be in my daily driver. The weather has been hampering the work outside on the truck.

Attached Files:

7. txturbo

txturbo

Same here....I was planning to spend my whole week(between christmas and new years) off working on my truck...weather didn't cooperate at all. Hoping to have it roadworthy by March.

8. mastadon

mastadon

For fucks sake pick a time and place so we can show up!

9. Pecan Creek Grill on Saturday at 10am?

Look for me to appear in a minivan if it's raining though. Removeable metal hardtop WILL be in place by the end of the month.

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I'd love to come but in N.W. colorado. -34 here this morning. Not good. Still wish I could come.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, I'm in. It'll be a little chilly that morning, the Weather Channel says mid 40's in the morning and a high of mid 60's. If it rains, I can't make it for roadster reasons.

If anything changes, post it here or send me a PM. I'll be in my Bucket. Dressed warm.:D

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      403.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Looking forward to it. It's been a long time since I've seen you Fred.

13. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

im in if y'all don't mind one more pm me if it changes please ill email a few more in Houston

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, sounds like a done deal.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Be glad to have ya! The more the merrier!:D

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup. That's what I got.

17. Cool, I'll be there (OT vehicle though). I don't mind calling ahead and reserving some tables if we can get a head count.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd wait till Friday. Maybe bump this thread every now and then.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  19. Agreed. And bump.

20. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

bump for the Houston hamb ers o and sorry ill be in a POS OT 92 buick lasaber

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

22. txturbo

txturbo

I'm planning to be there for brunch....not sure what I'll be driving though. Depends on what happens between now and then. Maybe the 66 Impala or the Camaro.

23. Rogueman

Rogueman

Mastadon you still driving that old chevy truck? Do you ever get up around Brenham?

Oh! Bump for you guys down in H-town.

24. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

10:00 am sounds good, Bob and I will be there if theres no rain.

25. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

Time to meet other hambers, I will be there too.

26. coldbeer

coldbeer
    from houston

spanish flower on main might be a good location. it is in the heights. good food and you can see your car in the parking lot through the windows.

27. Dang Pecan Grill is a day trip for us guys up north, if anyone wants to do the Heights area that would be good. Spanish Flowers would be great in my book.

28. Why don't we plan on doing Spanish Flowers next month? I don't think anything will be convenient for everyone, but it's a start...

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a great idea. In fact, we could do a different place each month. That way we not only get to try different places, but everyone could pick a place that he or she likes.

I get around and I've seen places that looked like they'd love some hotrods and customs sitting out front. The thing about Houston is that there are tons of places to chose. Picking the next spot could be a nice topic we address at this first meet.

As I mentioned earlier, I usually drive the regular streets and due to the condition of our freeways I only get on where I know where the pot holes are. Yes, some parts of the Houston freeway system has potholes. Hitting one at speed, in an older car, is not pretty. I actually like driving regular streets and make a nice day of just driving through different neighborhoods. It's not unusual for me to put 150+ miles on a nice weather weekend.

So, let's make this happen! I sure wish the old Prince's Hambugers was still open. THAT would have awesome. There's one around HWY 59 and Weslayan. It's a 50's themed joint and has a nice parking area. The patrons would love it.

So far, the weather for Saturday is sunny with a low of 38* in the morning and a high of 62*. Wear your mittens. That's roadster weather!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013