Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, May 17 & 18 2013 - Union County Dragway, Union SC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SAAAweeeeet!

2. Super job on the lettering there Edweird!! Had a great time the last two years...not to be missed!

3. The beachbums will be there!!!

4. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I'm planning to be there to see what all the fuss is about!

Seriously, I have a couple friends that attended last year and they have informed me it's not to be missed.

I have another buddy that wants to come but he is worried his 57 150 is a little too much pro-street. It's tubed and running Weld Wheels. But other wise it's old school Hot Rod all the way.

I may get a picture and post it and see if you guys will let him play.

I'm not worried about the Moon Rocket, it could be a poster child for this event.

5. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Hey Moon Rocket, Glad to hear you are planning on attending and I look forward to seeing your 56 Chevy! Send me a PM with a picture of your friends 57 150. Thanks, Curtis

6. Just told the boss I'm going. We'll see if she let's me out of Shawshank. : )

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. What's the chance the ElectraLark will be ready??

Pretty damn good!

Look out....

BloodyKnuckles

8. Whew, thought I'd killed the thread by saying I'd be there...

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

wagon is a must!!!

10. Got to wait a few more weeks Andy- my little one has pneumonia. Looks like a rebel run on a week day to get the wagon now

11. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I hear ya brother!!!

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Curtis, give us a heads up on the camping situation. Is the area near the track? Is it all grassy, and in the shade, or out in the open? Just trying to start making some plans. Looking forward to it. Are you relying on the track bathrooms only, or are there porta johns being ordered up?

13. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Great questions... The closest camping to the track is just past the grandstands along the fence line. I am sure those will be the prime spots. All the camping area's are grassy. The track is planning on having some fielded area cut back to a tree line but I don't know how much that will offer for shade, so I would suggest a canopy if the sun is too much. There are large restrooms on both sides of the track but we will have porta johns also. On the grandstand side (show car side) each restroom has 2 hot showers. This is a great track and we are stoked about the show this year!

14. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Are yousaying the "show car" side will be on the left looking down the track from the start line?

Also, are you saying the best camping is on the pits side near the fence? Or the fence on the left side of the track?

15. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

The show car side is the pit side, which is on the right looking down the track. All participant camping will be on this side and spectators will be on the left side.

16. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

While we're on the subject, where will the bands be playing and where will the swap meet be set up?

Do you segragate the "show" cars from the "track" cars?

I'm planning to trailer my 56 with a van. I'm hoping to camp in the van. will I be able to park it in the pits or on that side of the track?

Sorry for so many questions, just getting the lay of the land.

17. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

The bands will be near the tracks concession stand. Not 100% sure on the swap meet at this time but will most likely be somewhere near the end of the show section.

Show cars and or track cars all park in the same area. We will have designated parking for RVs, campers and trailered vehicles. So, yes you will be able camp in your van on the show/pit side.

18. Ok Curtis, what about the bands? Who's the line up this year. Those Shamrock boys kicked ass last year.

19. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We are going to have a killer line up this year! I still have one more band to book for Saturday.

Friday
    The Go Devils http://www.reverbnation.com/thegodevils666

The Defilers http://www.reverbnation.com/thedefilers

Saturday
    Jane Rose & The Dead End Boys http://www.janerosemusic.com/

Hellfire Revival http://www.reverbnation.com/hellfirerevival

The Monterreys http://www.reverbnation.com/themonterreys

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  20. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

Whats up everybody, I'm Shane w/ the Geargoyles. It's cool as hell to see so much enthusiasm about the show and its still several months away!

One thing that the club has done each year at Steel In Motion is put on a silent auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the USO. www.uso.org The USO is a non-profit, NON-POLITICAL organization that helps our troops serving in combat, their families, our wounded warriors and their families, and families of the fallen.

Anyways, last year we sort of let the auction fall through the cracks a bit and it underperformed. This year however, we're going to try and push it so that it raises much more money.

As we prepare for the auction, I'd like to put a request out to all of you hot rodders and car clubs. We need kick ass items to put into the auction and I'd like for some of you guys to donate to the cause if possible. The items don't have to be expensive, just cool. If it's something YOU think is cool and would like in your garage, office, man room, etc, then someone else will also find it cool and then bid on it! Garage art, car parts, support swag, girlfriends, etc. It's all good!

If any of you guys are interested in contributing to the cause, ask questions or hit Curtis or myself up with a PM and we'll discuss it some more.

Thanks again for everyone's support of SIM in the past, present, and future!

21. I'll see what I have Shane. That's a good organization to support

22. edweird

edweird

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We will double the proceeds raised for the USO.:)

24. edweird

edweird

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

You looking for art work etc, or will you consider car parts.... Just asking

26. 32Gnu

32Gnu

I'm in like flint!

27. edweird

edweird

starting a pinup tomorrow for your auction.

28. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Car parts will work great!

29. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Sweet!!!

You the man!