Register now to get rid of these ads!

'37 Pontiac Sedan - FOUND?! -Pan Draggers (Hayward)- Survivor??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UnsettledParadox, Jan 11, 2013.

1. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

no but we will!

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would like to see some pics on how they hooked it up.

3. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ill nab as many as I can first chance I get

4. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Real cool find on a really interesting car.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

Really cool find. The trans looks to be a Borg warner t10, probably worth twice what you paid for the car!! I can't believe the drivetrain didn't get pulled before it hit the yard.

6. Probably a rear out of the same Olds the motor came from, but 49-57 Pontiac and Olds rears should drop right in if the 55-57 Chevy rear will.

7. The valve covers alone are worth what he paid for the entire car. What a find!!

The engine and trans and all of the added-on features scream mid-60s to me. If it were mine, I would leave the Torq-Thrusts on it and keep it equipped just like it is. I'd freshen everything up, but leave everything on it.

My worthless opinion: Don't go steelies and wide whites. Everybody does that. Keep it unique. That car would be too cool with a hot Olds motor, a 4-speed and 5-spokes. It's a hot rod, not a kustom.

8. 4t7flat

4t7flat

MY,MY, another old school rod found,WITHOUT a Chevy eng. What were they thinking?

9. F&J

F&J

Our opinions weren't asked for.. :)...but I agree that those 5 spokes need to stay. They fit the whole build perfectly.

10. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

Only in california

11. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

hey hey, all opinions welcomed. this is an open FORUM! haha

i just dont have the heart to keep those wheels. i do appreciate the style but wide whites call me in my sleep

12. Do what you think comes naturally, Or go with your gut, Or just wing it. All in all, its your car and you hold the right to do whatever you want to do with it. But seeing how you are making out a list o opinions ill just leave my two cents.
    I say put on a set of some original Ansen, or Fenton Slotted Kidney Beans with some fresh Wide White rubber. Maybe a slight rake to her, side pipes coming out from under the running boards or straight Stainless pipe sticking out from under the rear bumper. Also the possibility of a Fulton Visor as an added touch.
    Now im not certain the direction you are wanting to take this, So like I said earlier, She is your labor of love and the project rolls how you want her to. Adam

13. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Pm Marcus Edell on here.he knows a lot of the local history or knows guys that do. Great find!

14. It'd be fun to put it all back the way it was in the 60s. Unless the rear wheels are uni-lugs I wouldn't replace the rear end with a chevy unit. Chevys used a 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern and 37 Pontiacs used a 5 inch pattern. 37 was the first year Pontiac began using the "modern" rear axle. They kept the same axle up through 1956 so putting a later axle under it wouldn't really gain you anything. Pontiac Third members in the 50s were generally 3.23 gears and will bolt into your 37 housing.....your old axle shafts will fit too.
    When my 37 [8 cylinder car...longer wheelbase than the 6 cylinder car like yours] wouldn't fit in my garage, I sold it.
    Now it sits out in my buddy, Kenny's collection at his farm in Iowa.

Attached Files:

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Honestly, i wont tetll you to build a bomb cause i understand your far from that genre, but being what it is i'd go on a similar route. You can still trick the runnin gear to kick ass, but in my opinion these cars are beautiful and the more og they stay the better.
    So all hot rodded runnin gear, lowered the most possible amount and with all its chrome trim.....WINNER!
    And yeah, these need fat whites and caps.

16. lawman

lawman

Nice find! Keep posting.

17. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

I agree with those that say keep the wheels.

18. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

19. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

20. M.Edell

M.Edell

Wow..cool find..I can pass this to some people I know locally who might remember this car if you want?