Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 29' tudor from sweden #new body#

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by christensen, Jan 8, 2013.

1. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

Hello folks!

im new here on thehamb and like to share my project with all other hamber's!

let's start with a short bref:)

im 20 years old from sweden and grew up with motors. bought my first model A just a few moths ago, best buy in my life.
    the mission was to get it started(motor was stuck) and re-assemble it and get it to the car inspection. it was a very good car with not mutch rust and almost all original parts came with the car.

so i like to share the journey of my project with u!
    now for some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's some of the pic' at the beginning and getting the motor going :)

will post updates as mutch i can!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. that looks like a great car to start with

3. Christensen,
    I looks to be a good start for a project, but that is not what I am writting for.

I have a close friend that several years ago bought an A sedan for his wife to drive. it is actually in much better shape enginewise than yours is. I promised her about 4 years ago that I would get the engine running for her. Well that was 4 years ago.

Looking at your new old car I am inspired to actually make good my promise.

I do not know you well but I just wanted to say that you have inspired me.

Welcome to the HAMB

4. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

i feel great to hear it:) at the moment the engine runs great, just some dissasebely and new gaskets and oil, four turns on the starter and it runs like a dream. even in -18 celsius!

wish you good luck! better to do it late,than ever :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

5. Congratulations,,that car is just plain cool,,HRP

6. dad-bud

dad-bud

It looks like you're off to a flying start, but with a fairly steep hill to climb.
    Good luck with it, enjoy yourself and post us lots of updates please.
    Cheers.

7. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

That's a really nice looking sedan and congrats on getting it running, that's cool. What are your plans for the car?

8. Running with headlights and tail lights. Cool. Good luck on your build and welcome from Michigan.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Great car buddy, love those 28-29 sedans, just way cool front pinch cowls. I am impressed with the great job getting it running and driving. Many good times ahead for this cool rig. Rock on! ~sololobo~

10. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

thanks for all sweet comments:)

the plans was from the beginning to put in a csb 350, chop it, new tranny and rear axle. but after a while i deside to keep it original whit 4banger and all! instead i bought a new frame to put in a v8 in, build kick and box.

so at the moment im working on the sedan to completit and after that i will beginn whit the "new" frame.

has been in the garage today. got alot of stuff done, so a big update with mutch pucs will come tomorrow:) cuz im on the cell atm.

11. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

here is a update :)

got alot of work done in the garage yesterday.
    fixed the wooden pice above the front window, repaired the front seat. grinded down all welds on the new frame and finished reparing the original floorpanels.

as i said before, i gonna keep this car original with some small changes like wheels ect. so i bought a new frame to build my rod on. also i took some pictures of parts for the rod and engine :)

a question for u hambers out there, what tier dimensions do u use on your rod?
    i got 15" steel rims and going to buy some rubber for them, but not shure witch size? i want bias-ply-tires.

took out the front window
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the windowframe ned some love :)
    [​IMG]

also the wood pice
    [​IMG]

created a new pice and put it in place, not so easy to get right shape!
    [​IMG]

broken seat;/
    [​IMG]

weld it up!
    [​IMG]

like new?
    [​IMG]

the new frame welded and grinded
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

gm goodwrech 350:)
    [​IMG]

offenhauser 3x2 equipt with stromberg 97:s and a good beer :)
    [​IMG]

thats all for now :) sorry for some bad pic quality, but the camera went out of gas;)

gonna get som more done in the weekend if im not to infected by the "shine" :)

over and out

12. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

an old friend i found in the seat :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tested a old tire, thumbs up or down?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mallory distributor
    [​IMG]

13. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

cmon guys:) i want your opinion:)

14. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I like wire wheels. Modify that Model a intake to accept one of those 97 on top & add an electric fuel pump. Maybe 12 volts too. Retorque the head bolts.

15. Wow Congrats to a nice looking heap! You guys sure get a lot of work doing with this
    Bahco’s model 31 (the shark). I'm looking forward for updates!

16. Nothing wrong with 15 " rims,,,tires ot tyres are a personal preference,,,do you want big and little's. HRP

17. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

the shark is a handy tool:) the cylinder nuts is at 5,5NM. hould i get harder? about the tyers i prefer not too big. around 6.70 in firestone size:)

im also modeling a lakeheadder and singel downdraft intake for the banger:)

18. 15",, sounds,,, just my 2c

19. olskool34

olskool34

I like 16 inch wires too and 16 inch steel wheels but you might have a hard time finding parts over there so I say run the 15's just make sure the rear tire fills up the fender nicely.

20. Nitro-Nicky

Nitro-Nicky

There seems to be a consistently good flow of Hot Rods out of Sweden, yet it's my understanding that you have some tough laws against keeping old cars on the road and that allegedly old iron and the parts can be extremely expensive??

There was/is a gentleman by the name of Daniel Jornlinden who's 1959 Blue El Camino was featured in our March 1998 Popular Hot Rodding magazine. I've tried to pay attention to every Rodding Machine that's published out of Sweden since.

I think what you're building is fantastic, especially since it's a time consuming project no matter where it's from! Thanks for posting up! Nitro-Nicky

21. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB .Kool project.

22. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

tahnx for all nice comments:) sweden got tough law against old car. like hot rods you need fenders and the frame must be builded like a space rocket...
    and parts is both cheap and expensive, its only original parts also! so rod items like i-beams, wish bones an rims are hard too find!

23. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

You advised you are only "20" years old, however; don't allow your age to be a factor. Age has nothing to do with building a hot rod. You know exactly what you are doing, you have a great vision and you will nail the look of an early hot rod.... Remember, it is all about the "spirit" of a traditional hot rod and you already have that aspect figured out !!!

Way to go, your "gow job" looks great !

24. Now yer talkin!:cool:

25. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

feels great to hear that u guys like it :)
    i like to keep it oldskool! probably i gonna drop my axel self ! and mostly use old parts, not mutch for chrome and top notch finish:)

gonna try to repair the window frame on sunday!
    today im heading for some cold beers!

26. lawman

lawman

Welcome to the HAMB friend.Please keep posting the pic's.

27. Moedog07

Moedog07

I like the 15 inch steel wheels on a Model A Tudor.

[​IMG]

This car was a stock as yours when we started. Give yours Good brakes when you build it cause the stock brakes are crap.

28. This is a bad pick of my wheels, but I think the 16 inch wheel looks better when you use fenders. I think it looks goofy with all the space between the tire and fender with 15 inch wheels.

[​IMG]

29. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Great job gettiing th old girl running!

I like the fix a little here and there and drive and enjoy process you are taking.

30. christensen

christensen
    from sweden

the 16" wire wheels are awesome, butexpensive and rare in sweden:/ and i came over some cheap ford 15" rims:) so i thinking of buying tyres that looks good with the fenders! and @flatred53 you hve absolutly rigth tht it can look goofy with fenders:) sweet ride by the way? going to a-bombers this summer?