Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Moved back to the greater Houston area last summer - curious if anyone would be interested in a meet up/breakfast. Checked out the Houston area HAMBer's social group, but no activity since late October...who's in?

2. txturbo

txturbo

I'd be in....as long as I don't have to show up in a custom or traditional rod.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I would too. What part of town? We used to go off Washington Ave. and then an icehouse in the Heights. But..... that was a couple years ago.

4. I'm out west (Katy/Fulshear)...would be happy to drive wherever.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm south of the Med Center, but I've gone all over. I get on the freeways, but not that much and even then, early in the morning. So, most of my travel would be on city streets, but that doesn't bother me. I usually put 100-150 miles on my T Bucket on a sunny weekend, just riding around.

I have some friends who drive Bombs, but they don't get out as much as I do. But they'd hang, if the spot was right.

6. Any good breakfast joints in the Heights or Midtown? Would be pretty central to most of us...

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd have to check. When I cruise mid-town, I'm not looking for a place to eat. I'm just driving. I know there's a few in the Heights, but i don't know exactly where they are.

There's a couple breakfast taco joints on Washington, but car security might be an issue.

8. txturbo

txturbo

Thats not my normal area...so I'm not familiar with any eating places over there.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Next time I'm out, I'll pay better attention. Or maybe someone else will chime in. I've seen places that would be cool to hang out at, but I don't have names or exact street locations.

10. Me either...just sick of seeing everyone get together everywhere else but here. C'mon H-town HAMBer's...let's do this!

11. txturbo

txturbo

but....over at Eldridge and Briar Forest there is the Pecan Creek Grille and I've heard the breakfast is good. I've eaten lunch there and its really good.

Rcraft likes this.
  12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I Googled mapped it. I could go to that. It would give me a reason to buzz Westheimer in my bucket. Like I need one.:D I cruise Westheimer sometimes and know that area.

13. txturbo

txturbo

only reason I know about it is I work in that area...they have a $12 omelette that comes with everything but the kitchen sink :eek:

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Is it in a shopping center or off by itself? It doesn't matter, I'm just trying to get an idea of what parking would be like.

15. txturbo

txturbo

its in a Kroger shopping center....on the end next to Eldridge

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I know where that is. There used to be a big flea market up near there. I can't remember the name.

17. txturbo

txturbo

don't know about that...

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Doesn't matter. What day would we be doing this. I'm assuming a weekend. Saturday or Sunday?

19. txturbo

txturbo

either one is fine with me if I'm in town on that weekend.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, next time you're in town, shoot me a PM. I get on the HAMB just about every evening, so I'll get it.

21. txturbo

txturbo

ok...will do. leaving for Victoria in the morning and not sure if I will be back up this way tomorrow or if it will be sunday.

22. I'm interested in attending, but unfortuantly I do not live within a reasonable driving distance.

23. txturbo

txturbo

awww...come on....once you get to Texas your half way there.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My T Bucket is my daily, so it won't be this weekend. I'll keep track of the weather for next weekend. Roadsters and rain don't mix.:(

25. txturbo

txturbo

you just need a drain hole...

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Got one. Doesn't help with traction though.:D

27. I'm only free on Saturdays...

28. bigDrew

bigDrew

I'm in if I'm in town that weekend - just let me know when.

I live in the Heights and would recommend Chilosos Taco House which is on 20th Street. If you want a more central location in Midtown, The Breakfast Klub or Lankford Grocery are worth the trip.

We used to meet up at Jimmy's Ice House on White Oak or The Darkhorse Tavern. With all the development on White Oak finding a place to park around Jimmy's is a joke.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Saturdays are cool. When a place is decided, post it. I'm surprised no more people have responded.:confused: Kinda sucks. We used to get a showing a couple years ago.

30. thebugbox

thebugbox

I might be up, but I'm in the NW. Prefer not to venture inside 610 if I don't have to.