Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you abuse your parents cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2008.

1. HotRod33

HotRod33

After I hit a bridge and totaling a 65 Ford they never let me drive any of there cars again...... I never really asked why..........

2. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

Certainly did,, but it only happened once,, cause I NEVER got to drive my dads car again PERIOD
    I think I was in maybe in the 8th grade, maybe 13 -14 yo .. my dad usually worked the graveyard shift, and slept during the day,,so one day . my buddy ( whose dad just happened to be a district judge) and I decided to run back to my house at noon ,and take my dads 53 Olds 98 which he had just bought maybe a month earlier,, because he would be asleep and we could cruze around the school impress the girls,and get it back home before he woke up,,
    Everything went as planned , up untill we turned into our driveway, and shut off the motor ,, and what happens when you turn off the motor with power brakes? you have no vaccum for the brakes and they won't stop the car,, but the garage door did
    but the car went completely into the garage and hit a 48 chev that my dad was workin on,, really F&&)$ing things up good,, needless to say it woke him up,,
    I think I still have scars on my ass from that ,
    So That was the first and last time I drove my dads cars..
    also managed to rip the front bumper off that 48 chev, by trying to pull it with a chain , hooked to a tractor,, but it really didn't matter anyway,, cause the bumper was already smashed from the Olds hitting it and pushing it into the wall and refergerator that was in front of it:eek::mad:

3. 41woodie

41woodie

Once again dear old dad went out an bought a bright red '64 Buick Skylark tudor hardtop. He foolishly let me drive it to Stillwater, Ok. the saturday of the the OU/OSU football game. OSU won that year for the first time in like 20 years and the whole town went nuts.
    I came out of my second floor motel room the next morning and saw that someone had puked off the second floor onto the hood of the Buick where it was splattered on the windshield and running off one fender and the front of the hood. Grabbed my clothes and took off for a car wash but the damage was done. Apparently the mixture of alcohol and stomach acid left to dry on car paint is not good for the finish. Dad wasn't happy.

Oh and worse yet I'm an OU fan and the damage was done by an Aggie.

4. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

Not too much was to afraid of the consequences.

Did however back my K5 blazer over the new fence- pre-license(15), launching in the backyard, with a transmission that slips gears.

That was a memorable day

5. Oh my God yes!
    Parts I ruined on the folks' 55 olds super 88 sedan:
    Tranny...twice. Aparently a slant-pan hydro wasn't up to full throttle neutral drops.
    Third member..
    U-joints
    brand new snow tires
    rear wheel bearing
    First thing I'd do after getting the car out of eyesight was to remove the old oil bath air cleaner and reach up under the dash to unscrew the speedo cable.
    Somehow I never dumped the oil bath air cleaner in the trunk. This car was imaculate and spilled oil in the trunk would have been very bad indeed.
    BTW, there are some very sharp, pointy things under a 55 olds dash and miles of cloth-covered wiring to negotiate with a skinny 16 year old's hand unhooking the speedo cable..not a job for the weak stomached if you can't stand the sight of blood.

6. Abuse? Only when I drove it.

7. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

There is a reason I have never let my son drive our cars.

Off topic cars for this board but this was the late 70's.

'72 Cutlass Supreme.
    Took it to a field party kegger. There was a large mud pit guys were 4 wheeling through with thier pick ups.
    "I can do that!" I boasted.
    Got a good running start and made it all the way through to the other side. The crowd cheers! Yea!! :D

Of course, the car was covered top to bottom in mud. Before the night was through I stopped at the self serve wash and cleaned her all up.

The next morning, I am awaken by my Father screaming my name. :confused:
    I go outside and he had the hood up.
    Seems he was going to check oil.
    Here was the engine compartment covered in a thick layer of dried mud.
    Oops. Didn't think of that at the car wash. :eek:

Then there were the smokey front wheel drive burnouts in his Toronado.
    :rolleyes:

Fortunately before he passed we had some good laughs about all my mischievous doings.

8. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I was a good kid, so nope. I was always too empathetic to purposefully abuse someone elses property. I did abuse my own vehicles for fun, but I fixed them and paid for tow bills too.

9. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Nope, Its no fun to abuse a 69VW van or a honda accord four door. My dad was smart he sold all the corvettes and race cars before I turned 16.

10. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Yup..Buried their Bronco in a Lagoon. Well it was technically a mud flat until the tide came back in. Stole stepdads mustang and would drag race kids during lunch...He never had a clue. His dumbass just thought I was being nice and cleaning it for him. I'd have it in the drive way washing it. Haha!
    Couldn't get away with the buried bronco...tug boat rope we where using to pull it out snapped almost taking my head off..it creased the back of the bronco and left knots in the bumper.

11. oakmckinley

oakmckinley

Back from the dead....

In high school, my parents had an 80's Monte Carlo. Our neighborhood had a street with RR track's and the tracks sat higher with a small decline on the opposite side. We would hit those tracks going about 50mph and get airborne, dukes of hazzard style. I remember we would hit our heads on the roof of the car (because nobody wore seatbelts then). We did this over and over, until we finally broke something.

If my kid ever does this type of thing I'll kill him....

12. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

My dad had a 75 Coupe De Ville with the 500 ci engine. If he only knew what I did when I borrowed the car

13. Of course I abused everything they owned- wasn't that our job as teenagers-

14. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

My fathers 1/2 ton suburban could get about 3 feet of air over the Venice canal bridges at just over 30 mph, but came down nose first hard every time, one Sunday morning while doing yard work I noticed him bent over closely inspecting the little wrinkles and buckles around the front wheel wells,

15. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

16. sunbeam

sunbeam

About the time I got old enough to drive my folks bought a new 61 comet 170 6 cyl to replace a 56 Ford 312 3 speed. But dad had a 51 IHC 1/2 ton that was just right to fit on the railroad tracks.

17. chubbie

chubbie

One nite I used the old mans '65 olds on a date..he had a 5 gallon pail of hyd. oil in the trunk. it was dripping out on the floor in the morning:eek: i bet that trunk floor isn't rusted out;)

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's mothers day, mom's still alive and ornery and someone might narc me out 50 years later so I'm not saying. That 58 Colony Park with the 430 was fast though.

19. Not as bad as my sister. She cost two door skins and a motor.

20. i ramped their OT car off of a parking cerb at 55 mph...bumper, rad, two tire, two rims.

21. Abuse..maybe. Bad luck.. defenitly! My dad was a new car dealer, and he thought it would be a great perk for me to "drive any car on the lot". I could not a car, but a great stable to choose from. I didn't have to worry about insurance, gas, or payments. I went through cars like candy. I think I totaled 3 mustangs in a month! One was a '67 2+2 390. 4sp car, man I wish I still had that. Fortunately none we're my fault and the other guy got the ticket.

22. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

In the early 80's I was arourd 7y.o. & my dads & bros cars where lined up in the corner of the backyard & I would run all over the nieghborhood jumping fences & backyards & walked/climb all over 1934, 31, 33, SSNovas, 57belair, 53MG TD, . . . :(

Attached Files:

• by.JPG
      by.JPG
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
  23. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

I spent summers at my Grandparents farm in Eastern Oregon as a young teenager. Grandpa's mother had passed away and he ended up withe her old late 60's Jeep Wagoneer. It was parked next to one of the old sheds, and got almost no use. It was a cream puff. Great Grandma Vera hardly ever used it.

Well my cousin and I would throw a battery in it, some fresh gas and thrash that thing on the back hillside on afternoons when the adults were in town for any length of time. We drove that thing through ruts, mud, streams, timber, just balls out flying. We'd have it caked in mud, and have to hurry back and get it washed off and parked again before they came back. We eventually got caught though. My Uncle came upon us on his 4 wheeler while he was out checking cows and the punishment was swift and severe.

This isn't the exact rig, but it looks identical. It was a 4 door, not a 2 door.

Attached Files:

24. choptop4

choptop4

Ya,We had a 67 396ci. 375 hp.Chevy Caprice.every option you could get.I beat most of the cars in my car club with it.A friend of ours still has that car and won't sell it back to us.And he lives across the street from my brother.

25. ken bogren

ken bogren

Who....me? Uhhh.... nooooooooooooooo ..... never! :)

Now about my grandfathers car ... well ... hey ... he taught me to drive with commands something like .... "come on, PUSH on the peddle, we aint got all day!"

:) :)

26. My dad had a 68 XR-7 Cougar, 390 and 4 speed...ya think maybe I abused it???? 8)

another one (I guess the statute of limitations is over now)
    Mom had a brand new, still had the dealer paper plates on it, 1968 Bug...Dad told me one night "Mom and I are going out, we won't be home 'til late, and KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE BUG!!!" (I had already been busted by the neighbors racing around in the XR-7...) so, of course, as soon as the dust settled in the driveway, I went to Pops dresser, 2nd drawer down on the left, got the keys for the VW, went and picked up a buddy and a gallon of Red Mountain wine, had a great time playing road racer, until I rolled the car....knowing what Pop would do to me if I told him what had happened, my friend who was along with me said he had some keys to his dad's backhoe, and he kinda knew how to run it, and it was parked at a soon to be housing subdivision...well, we knocked what was left of the glass out of the car, drove it out to the construction site, my buddy fired up the backhoe, and we proceeded to BURY the car. He then called his sister, to come and pick us up (Long walk to the phone, and we were running out of time...) but she made it, dumped me off at the house, and I had JUST enough time to put the keys back in the second drawer on the left, point of the keys pointed in just like he had left them, got a shower, and went to bed. Not 45 minutes later Pops is asking me "where the hell is the Bug?" and I replied "I dunno, it's in the carport, isn't it?
    It got turned into the Insurance, and Mom got a new VW Squareback (the wagon-looking one). I don't think I ever even drove that car....
    I never had the heart to tell dad the truth, and he's gone now, but I'm sure he is in Heaven, and knows now...I have a feeling I'm in for it when I keel over, Pops is gonna kick my BUTT.
    Thank Goodness they never put in underground utilities back then, and I hope a certain homeowner never wants to put in a swimming pool...

27. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Nope! first thing my folks taught me was to respect them and the things they worked so hard to earn. If I was going to screw up something It would be paid for with my money. And by the way I had the best parents in the world .

28. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Yes, and I 've been paying for it ever since my son started driving our vehicles.

29. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

30. You know,I never really thought of it that way but my twin girls tore up a lotta nice cars,,:rolleyes: HRP