Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here with a 1960 F100 soon to be bagged!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Willie60, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Hey guys I'm new here.

I just picked up a 1960 Ford f100 truck is running very clean body i picked up in Turlock Ca and drove her home. I was looking all over for a 59 Fleet side Chevy when i came up on a picture of a 1959 ford i fell in love with how it looked like a BOX

I'm going to start a build thread on here some ware just don't know what i put under!

I have a lot of plans for the truck i just orderd the Front end from FATMAN mustang 2 front im going to bag the truck and i want to put some white walls on it.

I also orderd the rear from a shop called gambino kustoms called the Tail dragger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should start everything this weekend and hopping it will be done in 3 months

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don't think you will find much enthusiasm for bagged trucks here, but I could be wrong :)

3. don't let people talk you out of the way you want your truck to sit. bags are a good way to have a good ride and adjustable ride height. Research your valves and bags before you start. you should not be talked into running only four valves, go with eight and you will be way happier. Way less body roll and more adjustability.

4. Gonna be pretty sweet, would look killer with a chrome grille and white roof.

5. Blake84

Blake84

make this your build thread! bags are not for everyone but thats why its YOUR truck so do what YOU want.

people say air bags are not traditional however they are def oldschool

"The first practical air suspension was developed by Firestone in 1933 for an experimental car called the Stout-Scarab. This was a rear-engined vehicle that used four rubberized bellows in place of conventional springs. Air was supplied by small compressors attached to each bellow."

cant wait to see the progress

6. Blake84

Blake84

also i have the gambino tail draggin kit in mine and i love it but it is set up to bag ontop of the axle which will require you having the large step notch like mine and loosing alot of the bed of your truck like mine. some people use "trailing arms" and you can bag those and get low without sacraficing the amount of space in the bed of your truck.

7. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

To day i just picked up the Taildragger from Gambino him self i got all the parts and he is having the bags droped shipped to my door! I went with the Slam bags!

I will keep you guys updated

And a big THANK YOU TO Blake!!
    For all your help so far!
    Ill post some pictures of the kit tonight!

8. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

I really like the White roof i think im going to do that!!!

9. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

YA I THINK YOUR WRONG ON THIS ONE!!

I seen a lot of bagged trucks on this site and a lot of them get mad love!!

But hey thanks for your thoughts!!!

10. mattrod68

mattrod68

cool truck, but im biased. needs some chrome!

matt

11. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Very cool truck! Had a 60 ford before my 58 apache. I miss the 60 very , very much! "Airride" as I like to call it is ok to me, I like air and static drops and had both. They have there pros and cons.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well being wrong is ok, I do like your truck. Keep safety in mind and make the build fun and practical and in the end you will enjoy the truck a lot more.

Good build practices, quality work and components and airbag system is the way to go.

13. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Much better cab than the 59 Chevy, good choice. Looks like a nice straight old truck. Not too crazy about the smurf blue front end tho.

14. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Hey Guys,

So here is a little start i did over the weekend took off the bed and was getting everything ready for the welds.

My buddy is coming over next weekend to weld up everything

We also put together a PHOTO SHOP of my truck and how it can look and so on!

I know its not going to be this low but its just a idea!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. you should do a photo shop with the door top being blue and the pillar in front of the wing window blue too. so just the top. just a thought

and keep the badge looks right

16. that bike is sick

17. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

"from a shop called Gambinos"

18. hershambob

hershambob

willie i just picked up a 60 temecula,just waiting for it to land in england,it wont get bags,maybe a jag clip and lower the rear nostalgia sids way

19. Blake84

Blake84

love the white top and blue. so just a heads up some issues i ran into when bagging mine to think about. i have to move the wheel wells up. be carful because when he tack welds them it will burn through to the outisde skin of the truck and ruin your paint. also tire size is very important when trying to lay frame unless you plan on cutting fender wells out in the engine compartment. also tires im running 8.20x15 bias plys are taller than the height of the bed when laying frame so i actually would not be able to lay frame with my tires or i would have to remove wheel wheels and fender wells. also you will need to move fuel tank (if still in cab) and notch the cab or get a 2 piece drive shaft when trying to lay it on the ground....at least the way mine is set up i know some people have done it without. just trying to give you heads up so you can plan around what my issues were

also i would suggest 2 air tanks and 2 compressors otherwise you will be pissed off how long you are waiting for tanks to fill up and how little air you have.

and get an extra battery and a battery isolater to prevent dead batteries from the compressors. just my suggestions

heres tubs moved up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  20. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Im planing out cutting fender walls out! I dont really care if it lays frame i dont want to remove gas tank.

I just want it to be layed out! Like yours lol

21. Good luck with the truck man. I've always dug em as kustoms, or gassers..Built a 60 Gasser years ago to get to Viva..They're fun trucks. Keep it up!

22. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Did you mount Shocks? and also do i cut out the crossmember where my stock shocks are?

23. Blake84

Blake84

here is where my shocks are mounted
    [​IMG]

to the axle and up to the cross brace bar of the notch

24. Blake84

Blake84

25. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Thats funny they took down the pictures of my harley!!

26. Blake84

Blake84

they are pretty strict around here. i was just looking at the photoshops and i like the black gloss accents instead of chrome....its looks pretty cool. at the mooneyes xmas show a guy had a 56 f100 bagged and the entire truck was flat black and everything that would be chrome was high gloss black and i thought it looked pretty cool.....different but cool.

27. A three inch top chop would be sweet on it!

28. Here's some inspiration~

Attached Files:

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

If you run 14" with 520s or 175/70/14s if you want radials, you might do away with rising the wheel tubs.
    Them things look great layed out.
    Oh, RUN SHOCKS! Dont even think about not runnin them. Its a vital part of your suspension, no matter how many guys will say you can do without them.

30. Willie60

Willie60
    from San Jose

Thanks to Everyone for all the Love on the Truck! Man let me tell you how i wish it was all done tomorrow!!