Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

It's always the highlight of my winter. The basement rules!

2. 38mag

38mag

I entered my '57 Chevy in the basement, I haven't heard back yet.

3. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Wadya mean COLOUR? It's going to be BLACK!!
    I'll see you guys there.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

4. First time we showed, I spent hours before we got there, trying to walk like Groucho Marks, just so that I would be a minimum target walking back to the hotel at the end of each day. I was very happy to find out that there was a shuttle bus that got me there.:D
    Ron

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. 01Dudley

01Dudley

BUS TRIP to Detroit Autorama leaving out of old Oak Ridge mall on Saturday March 9th at 4AM. There will be 55 tickets sold for $100.00 per person and this will include your ticket into the show. For details please contact Brian Downard @ 865-356-3902, money must be paid by Febuary 1st to reserve the bus. Tickets will be sold first come first serve so if you want an inexspensive way to go the the 50 year celebration of "the Ridler Award" ACT NOW!!!

Just in case any southern folks are interested.

6. RPL

RPL

This is the 50th anniversary of the Ridler award. You get two great shows for the price of one. Autorama upstairs and the not to be missed Extreme show downstairs. One of the highlights this year will be the display of former Ridler award winning cars. More than half of them should be on display making this a huge opportunity to see these cars. They may not be your cup of tea but they are a lot of history all in one place.

7. afan

afan
    from michigan

I heard that the very first Ridler winner(1964) is gonna fire up at noon on friday to kick off the show, and a funny car also.Nitro to start this years show!!

8. I know it's gonna be black! Whether it's gonna be shiny is the question.

By the way, you spelled colour wrong. :D:rolleyes:

Counting the days...

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

Give Stu some slack,..... (He's from England,... they have no idea they are ever wrong) Besides "daddy-o", Black is a pigment,... not a "COLOUR" :rolleyes: ( A little Stu lingo for ya' there :D:D )

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ahhh ya big sissy! Detroit isn't so bad. But I'm from Flint....the most dangerous city in America.

11. It would appear that the same goes for Americans...Better check your facts regarding "Black":eek:
    Ron

12. Technically, black is the absence of color (or colour). :D

I'll be bringing my red+green+blue car. Also known as "white" ;)

13. .

Henry Ford said you can get any color(not colour) you want, as long as it is black.

That's good enough for me!

Maybe we should continue this debate over a few beers in Detroit. Stewart is buying.

:D;)

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

So the Can-nucks chime in,... The "fact" is there is still apparently a large discuession about it. ( It was the Tea comment,.... huh ? :D)

This is what I was taught in School and when working at a Paint store many years ago....... Here is a link that shows different viewpoints on this very subject

Is black considered a color???

15. Do you know why Henry insisted on black ???? This could be part of the "Great Beer Debate" as well :D:D:D
    Ron

16. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

OK guys for a newbie to the show. What is a must see while Im there. Up in the air if I am driving or flying still. What day should I get there and leave

Thanks...

17. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Really looking forward to the show. Unfortunately, I got laid off from my job of 6 and a half years back in July of 2012. Happy to say, I found a job by October but have no vacation time so I'm only able to be there Friday and Saturday and wont be able to have a booth downstairs. I will be hanging out with Ed Tillrock and Max Grundy, though and may be selling some of my art prints in Ed's booth. Either way, I will be there having a blast.

18. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

I'm going but just as a spectator this year. Billy-I know most of the good stuff to see out there. I'll point you in the right direction.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

not bringing the truck again but ill be there friday and saturday, id be glad to give detroit tours in return for cheep beer haha

20. 55Belairman

55Belairman

I have been going since 1968. Only missed a few. Can't wait for March!

21. afan

afan
    from michigan

Flints not so bad.We went to the "Back to the Bricks Flicks" and "Back To The Bricks" and had a great time!! In fact more fun than Woodard!!!

22. Sorry Todd to hear about July !!! Really looking forward to seeing friends again that Myles and I have made over the years at the Autorama!
    Neat cars and talented friends....what could be better ???
    Ron
    p.s. forgot to mention the flame throwers across the street at Cobo Joe's :eek:

23. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Should be a big show with it being the 50th anniversary of the "Ridler Award". I hear they have about 30 previous Ridler winners coming to the show. There's also a special display honoring JR LArivee and Fred Warren who both passed away this past year.

24. My son Myles, was having some fun with Photoshop and came up with this very unofficial poster for this years Autorama. I think he is looking forward to going....:D
    Ron

Attached Files:

25. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

its because it dried the fastest;)

26. Now maybe we have something we can all agree on...:)
    Ron

27. 4dr orphan

4dr orphan
    from Michigan

I hope to be there all three days. We should be floating around both floors, but will probably spend most of the time upstairs at the CRUIS'NEWS magazine booth. A wish for safe travels to all HAMBers who make the trip.
    1/2 Fast Eddie

28. koolkat269

koolkat269

Well if you went to the bricks then you missed the best show in that state that weekend.

29. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Thanks, sir! I'm still glad to be able to go! I'll make sure and stop by! Autorama is like a big ol' family reunion! I get to see lots of great friends most of whom I only get to hang out with at Autorama.

30. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

See ya' there!

Attached Files: