Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bruce Meyer's "Used Cars"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

All i can say is WOW. great collection.

3. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

That´s what I call a dream come true!!! Can you imagine a saturday afternoon having a beer with your closest car-friends in that living room? Or taking a couple of those cars on spin around the block just for kicks.... I'd love to see that in person.

4. snelson57

snelson57

That pretty much must be what Heaven looks like...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

5. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

They would have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming. I don't think I would ever leave. Think of all the fun you could have just sitting in those cars making vroom vroom noises and pretending to dive into sharp turns with the tires howling. Fantastic collection.

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

there seems to be a black coupe missing...

7. Outstanding gathering of great toys. cool building to keep them in and a very nice guy to watch over them.

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for the coverage. The video clip is excellent. Bruce is a class act and a regular guy.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's what heaven looks like!!! I really like his 0001 Corbra a lot and I'm kinda smitten over the #2 Cunningham Corvette as well. But as beautiful as those two are, I'm a damn hot rod man and I'd burn both to have the chance to own the Pierson coupe.....and that wall mural (literally in the process of putting up a picture mural in my soon to be delivered daughter room so I can appreciate that very much :D)

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I could get use to seeing the 250 GTO Testa every time I came to work. I'd almost burn the Pierson coupe for that :D:D:D:D Blasphemy!!!

11. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

that great sign was made by todd sanders (road house relics) in austin. i had the great honor of helping deliver it to him last year.

that shop is great and so was bruce

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Very cool!!!

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for sharing the video......I met Bruce last year at the salt........but, I'm sure the he was a little busy to remember me.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

14. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Does he need a curator??? I could totally sleep on that couch all night to make sure everythings ok.

15. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

and he is a real nice guy.

16. Nobey

Nobey

For all he has done, I would say the Hot Rod world owes Bruce Meyer
    a deep debt of graduated. Thanks Bruce and thanks Jive Bomber for
    the video.

17. Brandi

Brandi

That IS a dream come true room. Great coverage. Love that neon.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I wish I was born rich instead of handsome. It would be nice to collect cars like a kid collects HOTWHEELS.:)

19. Who said you were handsome?:confused::D

I have a lot of respect for Bruce Meyer's and the work he did to legitimize the recognition of the historical Hot Rods to claim their place along side the high profile classics at Pebble Beach.

His personal collection ain't to shabby ether,,,

Didn't Bruce buy Larry's 3 window? HRP

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  20. Who said you were handsome?:confused::D

[​IMG]

I have a lot of respect for Bruce Meyer's and the work he did to legitimize the recognition of the historical Hot Rods to claim their place along side the high profile classics at Pebble Beach.

His personal collection ain't to shabby ether,,,

Didn't Bruce but Larry's 3 window? HRP

21. I was talking to him at Pebble Beach a couple of years ago, I was all....he looks kinda familiar....but couldn't place him....real nice guy....

Mind you, that was the same year George Lucas was 10 feet away & I said to my buddy....that guy looks vaguely familiar.....

22. ok i have woke up from this dream /drooling state induced by these pix and now am wondering what the postit notes on the shelves refer to?

23. eddie1

eddie1

I have long admired Bruce Meyer for all he has done for the hobby as well as his taste in cars. I don't normally get exited about celeberties but I would love to meet him if only to shake his hand & say thanks. But does anyone know what he actually does to earn a living?

24. flamingokid

flamingokid

Well,there went 40 minutes of my life....But what a way to go!Class guy,awesome collection.

25. flamingokid

flamingokid

I read in Forbes several years ago that he's a big time real estate investor.

26. eddie1

eddie1

That makes sense. I seem to recall I may have known that at one time myself.

Memory is the second thing to go right?

27. They say money can't buy me happiness.... I say they're wrong! I could buy cars. Cars make me happy. I can buy happiness!!!! Bruce has shown me the way!

28. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

He owned that for about a month, and yes, he is a class act.

29. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing this. Like everyone else, I've admired Bruce Meyer's contributions to the car hobby for a long while. Seems like a very decent guy and he's clearly passionate about his cars. Very cool.

30. weez

weez

Neat hearing all the info on the collection, cool guy! He bought probably the third painting I ever sold back in '99 or so-