Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. BEAR

BEAR

Damn this post is still go holy crap

2. Could someone tell me what the lug spacing is on a '60 f-100? I just inherieted one and I gotta take a few wheels when I pick it up.

I dont want to waste bandwidth with a new thread so I figger this is the perfect thread to forward.

3. 4.5" or 5" I assume.

4. jo maoma

jo maoma

5. blucar

blucar

Pretty interesting scanning through this whole thread, I did not realize that the '58-60 series of Ford trucks were so popular, especially with the street rod, etc, group.
    I have had a love affair with the '59 F-100's every since '59. The company I worked for at the time gave me a new '59 F100 Custom Cab V8, short fleetside box. In 1961 my dad bought a very nice '59 that was identical to mine except it had an automatic trans.
    I drove the company '59 until '63 putting over a 100k on it. The company gave me a new Chevy C-10 w/230 6 in '63.. It was an alright unit, not as spunky as the Ford and it did not hold up well, lots of repairs.. The thin block cracked in the left water jacket prior to 30k. The paint went to hell in two years.. Typical of the mid to late '60 model GM trucks/cars.
    When my dad died in '65 I bought his '59 from my mother.. I kept it for a few years until I decided to by a camper truck for the family..
    I always wanted a '59 Ford F100 4x4, they are really neat trucks, Ford really did their home work when they decided to come out with a factory built 4x4 in '59..
    I looked at several '59 4x4's through the years, finally found one worth buying in the late '80's.. Over time I completely restored it..
    In 1993 I ran into a very unusual '59 Ford.. F100 V8, 3 spd, OD, big window custom cab, short fleetside bed. The unusual part of the truck was that it had power steering, power brakes and the safety package..i.e. padded dash, padded visors, seat belts.. My 4x4 has these same options.
    The truck had been in storage for many many years.. The guy that had found the truck had gotten it running, however not to well and the brakes were bad... It took me awhile to talk him out of the truck, he thought he was going to flip the truck for a tidy profit.. I smelled a rat with the idle being set quite high.. Turning the idle down revealed the popping sound in the tail pipe, indicating bad valves.. After buying the truck I found that three cylinders were almost dead..
    Long story short, removing the heads revealed that every valve that had been open during the trucks long slumber had rusted the stems, seats.. Fortunately the rust in the cylinders was mostly above the rings, a little work with some oil and a Scotch-Brite pad cleared it up with no adverse effects. New heads solved the problem.. I just happened to have a set that were newly rebuilt for a '64 292 my company had..
    At a farm auction in Montana in 1998 I bought two 59 F100 4x4's, one really nice one, the second one was a nice truck, no rust out, the engine/trans was missing..
    My son in law uses the good 4x4 on his farm in Montana, it is a great truck. I have been looking for parts to fix the 4x4 with no engine.. I think I'll put a 351 W and T-18 trans in it.. I had a very good '64 292 with a good T-98 trans that I picked up.. I was getting ready to repower the '59 4x4 with it, a man came along and offered me a lot of money for the engine/trans so I sold it to him..

Attached Files:

6. Elrusto

Elrusto

7. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

That has a very interesting instrument cluster. A combination of 56 gauges in a 57 - 60 face.

8. colordeluxe

colordeluxe

Does anyone have a steering box for a 57-60 F100 that they would sell?

9. Freeberg

Freeberg

Picked this up a little bit ago rebuilding from frame up. First project.

Attached Files:

10. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

This is a great runner I just picked up with drop axle, front disc brakes.

[​IMG]

11. That's basically what I want my truck to look like, but dark blue. Can you get me more information/pics of the suspension?

12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Hotrod59 - kick ass ride. Don't really care for the door art. Seems to distract from the overall look. But who am I?

Great stance & wheel combo is spot on.

It's a looker.

Paco

13. That's Bill's old truck isn't it?

14. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Yes got it from Bill. Took a while to get it home. (bad weather) Working out some bugs today.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  15. Blake84

Blake84

16. chetspencer

chetspencer

Heres my 59 F100 4x4 Custom Cab. I dug out out of the ground recently. Been in the family for 4 gens, it sat in my uncles orchard for 15 years. I gave it to my son whose 7, so we have a lot of time to get it back on the road. Engine runs. I'm new to the HAMB. Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. doc's

doc's

Very jealous....

18. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

[​IMG][/IMG]

Look what I found today.

19. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

[​IMG][/IMG]

Look what I found today.

20. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Good looking 60. Plans?

21. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

It had been sitting for about 10 years. Took it home and put a set of jumper cables and after a few minutes, she lit up. Not running perfect, but I did not let it run long. Shut it off so I can check all the fluids, clean out the carb. I'm gonna buff out the paint, clean her up, wide whites probably on the stock wheels, new carpet and seat cover, detail the interior dash and gauges, pull out the engine and tranny and just clean them up. They look very clean, and the engine sounds jut like a sewing machine, perfect. I was not sure I would be able to keep it when I was done, I have 5 other hot rods not counting daily drivers....but Momma saw this truck and liked it.....who would've thought. She asked if they made them in a 4 door so she could take the kids to school, let the search begin. Just so cool I had to have one.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

22. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

23. Man, now you have two of my favorite trucks! ^^

24. daddio211

daddio211

25. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Haaa. I just saw the thread about putting the Early Econo gauges in the 60, I think I have an extra set of them....:cool:

26. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

What's up with your truck?

27. Blake84

Blake84

Nice! Nothing like the feeling of getting it on the trailer and having it be yours.

28. nothing right now haha, check out my build thread

Attached Files:

29. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Yeah, I had seen the thread, very nice work, and what a score for 500 bucks. My work usually goes in spurts, I will work every day on the car for a few weeks, and then take some time to refill the money and keep the wife happy.

30. My 1959 custom cab short bed

Attached Files: