Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

36 Verts are very rare.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Nice! Is that original condition? ( minus primer of course).

3. Monk67

Monk67
    from St. Louis

Don't post much here but unbelievable thread!

Had some good times in Mexico when I was stationed at 29 Palms
    in late 60's.

4. sled

sled

Hey hey Kenneth,yeah looks so..I wanted to give a good deal to a young talented guy that loves old fords...as far I know your vision will be applied to this 36...it will be a trad custom...happy new year to you

5. sled

sled

To me they don't look so rare,I found a number of 35/36 convertibles all over Mexico...I wish they were roadsters.

Ford has his assembling factory from the early 30s here in Mexico City..I do have a book of the ford history in Mexico in spanish...many old cool pics on it and the 32 Fords were sold new here too

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  6. sled

sled

Yep,it is except it will delivered with a later 48 flattie...rest is stock.
    But it will be customized into a traditional custom,chopped with probably a Carson top,la salle grill etc

7. sled

sled

Monk,glad you like it...where is this 29 palms place in Mexico?no idea where could be...Baja California,perhaps?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  8. Hey Sled. Makes me glad. Love these cars as trad kustoms.Gonna be a whole lot of them up here when all are finished. Know of at least a hand full.

9. Monk67

Monk67
    from St. Louis

29 Palms, California.....was in the Seabee's and
    went there to do military training with the Marines.

Spent many a weekend in Mexico.

10. Cragar

Cragar

I love this thread it is like a magnet it drags me back all the time

11. Last time I went to 26 Palms I saw a silver (OT) '69 Roadrunner Hemi convertible sitting in a few pieces behind a fence behind a building on the main drag through town. I have seen an awful lot of MoPars in Mexico, though. There are some Chrysler Corporation assembly plants there, or at least there used to be.

12. sled

sled

Well,its already another year and i was missing posting:D:eek:...
    so here's another fix ...i always havin guys and friends telling me about stuff all over the places and from there i filter what's worth it saving...or takin a long trip to check stuff in person!!
    This 49 Hydra Glide just came up recently...i dont know much of the history yet but i plan to go and check it out in person soon..
    Meanwhile enjoy the pics...this Pan has personality,check the cool details..also the homemade mufflers.
    A rare touch are the Seargent stripes in the rear fender..one of those hard to find details that makes the difference...original faded odometer too...

Attached Files:

13. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

14. sled

sled

Vividlly...that's an idea.But is too early...i plan to push for many years to come first and really livin the dream as much i can push for...age is no problem,thing is there is less and less stuff available every day also here in Mexico...same over there in the States,when the chinese call for scrap metal we know that complete junkyards disappear...but yeah,i leave the book idea in the closet for now ...but yes,i do preserve all my pics,slights and and type of infos i get of the stuff i find,no doubt..thanks for the hint buddy

15. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I spent some time in mexico.....found alot of .25 Carona's!.....Jim

16. sled

sled

Hey Jim,there are still as many Coronas as you want for that price,despite the Corona factory recently been sold to the Dutch

17. Me 2 i can not get enough of this thread

18. oz40

oz40

Personally, I am sick of looking at this site:D
    as I am not there in person doing the tin hunting also ,
    and also my mate never writes back.:)
    Ciao

19. sled

sled

Hey oz40,ahhhh....finally you're alive and well
    Hope is all good with you and family my old mate
    You're welcome back in Mexico anytime mate,tequila is ready

20. OZ40 .. Are you still in Perth?

21. oz40

oz40

Yeah, settled back in, and working on some great projects.
    But like I said I would rather be chasing the tin in Mexico and having that drop of Tequila with my mates there.
    Sled, how is life and the rockabilly scene treating you.
    Ciao

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  22. sled

sled

Oz40 mate,as you Know i did cut my living here rescuing cars and bikes,plus the lifestyle..so,I made my dream come true since some years...plus being closed to the States for anything I need that I can't fine down here is just the perfect close location so I can't complain a bit mate...hope the same for you back home...

23. sled

sled

This was yesterday ..its already 1PM here...
    i had a call in the morning from a pal o mine knowing that im in the market for a 59 El Camino or wagon...so,he knew about a 59 Camino from a common friend who owns a junkyard in the outskirts of DF ...
    He told me the car needs work,and i knew it was a lot of work considering the 59/60 camino nature built..

In any case i decided to go quickly to take a look in person...and here what i saw,more rusted than expected...typical from such cars...Its a 6 inline engine car too,i wished for a V8 but no luck
    lot of work in this one,i dont think it will be a deal...:(

Attached Files:

24. slammed

slammed

^^^Throw down a number^^^^^ what did the $ be? LOVE that Panhead!

25. sled

sled

The Camino guy asked me 90.000 pesos,wich is 8K aprox..told him no way according to the car conds..but its a known guy and of of those that shoot high to get peanuts when they are broke...

Slammed,i realize that the pics show the car way better than it is...floors and rockers are shot,rear fenders needs to be reworked,the tailgate is rusted out and in the base there are some pop rivets holding metal under the paint...it needs a full frame off resto,no doubt...the front end and inner engine room is solid,at list..:cool:

26. slammed

slammed

Yep. High on heroin! But that Panhead is a beauty, does he have more?

27. sled

sled

As far i know only that Pan from that guy...im always lookin for rigid frame harleys,love em

i do have myself a 47 big twin flattie all apart wich im rebuilding as a bobber,but its not for sale....

last night i had a good hint on another big twin flattie 37 to 47 but no idea on the year..complete bikes exept engine wich has been lost somewhere in a shop long ago...plan to buy it of course

28. sled

sled

i forgot..the 49 pan is for sale for 21k..fully running

29. slammed

slammed

Going rate/good price. Post the frame/parts of the other bike when ya can.

30. sled

sled

Yeah,plan to see the Harley stuff asap

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013