Register now to get rid of these ads!

We have a shop truck, 1960 F100 Panel truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChromePlaterJosh, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

ewwww....If that panel truck could tell its story, I wouldn't listen, lol. Someone used some sort of glue to make heart shapes on the carpet on the rear door panels.

Honestly the portholes don't bother me all that bad, but that area needs to be windowless so we can get our shop's name on it.

I did a little photochopping with MS Paint. Behold, the first Ford Explorer.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. cjmac

cjmac

Nice seeing a panel, too few out there. Cool

3. thishero

thishero

Really like your concept, probably not best for a shop truck, but cool none the less.

4. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

Last one in the USA that is. There were some panels and suburban type trucks made in South America with the 1961-1966 "slick" body style. Also Mexico made Ford panels in the 1970's though the early 90's at least, here's an ambulance they were called B100's and B200's.

Attached Files:

5. cjmac

cjmac

Here is a pic of the back of our panel. We modified the original panel bumper by removing the flat center license piece and replacing with a piece cut from another to match the sides. There definitely is a curve to the rear. Also moved a bit closer to the body. Hope this helps with your plans. Sorry if the pic doesn't pop up. Learning the ropes. Can go to my album to look if not.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

In North America.........

7. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

And FYI those taillight lenses are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

8. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

Well in Canada and USA, Mexico is part of North America. :)

9. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

There was a solid one on e bay that ended yesterday bidding made it up in the $300 range.

10. Almost..

I bought a set of housings with good lenses from a hamber a year or so ago. Cost $140 I think..

Never seen another one though.

Ebay has the one on the rear door all the time, but its the corner ones that are hard to get.

Must be persistent..it will pay off.

11. The Big M

The Big M

Here's a question for the panel experts: Is that the factory location for the fuel filler? Do the panel truck fuel tanks differ from those in the regular trucks?

12. cjmac

cjmac

57-60 have a long narrow tank that bolts along side of the frame rail. Filler
    location down low behind the driver's door and exposed. The pic shows where the opening is.

Attached Files:

13. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

The red plastic tailight lenses on our 60 panel are not originals; they are cut to fit from something else. They don't look bad though.

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Yes,because obviously behind the driver seat doesn`t quite work in a panel.

15. cjmac

cjmac

Here is a pic showing stock panel truck lights, filled panel bumper and modified lic. plate recess at door.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe
    from Austin

I have been having serious trouble finding a fuel tank that will work in my panel. I have the original but it is in pretty bad shape and was looking for another option. What yall use, or does anyone have a suggestion?

17. 36NashtyCoupe

36NashtyCoupe

A couple of years ago I found a 1960 Ford panel about two miles from my home. It was in the woods with trees growing around it. I ask the owner if it was for sale and he told me if I could get it out I could have it! Wrong thing to say to me. We cut trees, pulled it out of the woods and winched it on the trailer. The guy even found the title for me. It is rough but complete.

18. if you go to my album you will see a red and white one I just lettered for a company up here. Dave

19. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Well if you thought it took a long time to get your parts chromed, it has taken a year to get our own chrome done. :eek:
    I've dubbed it the Lipstick Pig. It's a rusty pile with show chrome.:cool:
    The important part is that it drives great and loves neglect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Look into the crown vic front end swap too. Drop that pig down to the ground and make it steer/stop better.

21. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Panels were replaced by the Econoline vans and pickups.

22. inlinr6

inlinr6

Dig the poorly placed Vandango window!cool truck never seen a panel that year,cant wait to see some progress pics.

23. What size tires are you running?

24. NOVASS

NOVASS

It looks like a nice ride I too am looking for tail light lenses (corner ones) I have had 3 panels

Novass

25. Furious Styles

Furious Styles

Maybe try a 60's econoline van rear bumper, just a thought.

26. telf

telf
    from pa

Anyone where to find a fuel tank for a 1960 ford panel truck? Or maybe whatelse would work? Thanks

27. kingcreole94002

kingcreole94002

I have a 60 Ford panel also. Mine is here on the HAMB for sale. look at the one from Apple Valley. I used a 49-52 Dodge front bumper on my front end and then had a 52 Plymouth I think it was narrowed to fit for the rear bumper. The front clip is the exact same as the f100 trucks, so they are out there. Rust normally occurs at the lower portions of the fenders. watch for the hood springs getting spongy or soft. that's a hell of a hood for the 2 springs to pull up. They do make a disc brake conversion or adapter kit for it. you can find it on ebay, for the front straight axle. You can also buy dropped spindles or axles to lower the front. Take a look at mine for some ideas....If you want....

28. verde742

verde742

get a 65-66 cougar gas tank , goes where spare tire usually goes, exits out drivers side. I am sure you will like it..

29. verde742

verde742

How the heck can you buy dropped spindle when you have a straight axle,, I am old, educate me..