Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Blues Brothers Cadillac El Camino????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by perry1mj, Jan 3, 2013.

1. perry1mj

perry1mj

After watching the Blues Brothers for the hundredth time this weekend, It appears that when Cab Calloway's charactor Curtis is handing out fliers to the orphans, he's doing it from an El Camino type vehicle with a Cadillac front end? I did have the flu, so I might have been seeing things. I also picked up Gene Winfield's book and there was a company called traditional coach works that apparently made these in the late 70s the movie car looks earlier/cooler. If anybody could shed some on this I'd appreciate it. Fun fact in the closing prison scene the first inmate to jump on the tables in non other than Joe Walsh.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Like Hearses, a lot of cadillacs were converted into "Flower Cars" for use in funeral processions. Its a tradition that goes back to the horse n' buggy days. The car you saw in the movie is likely one of those.

Edit: Here's a pic I snagged from google showing them in use...
    [​IMG]

3. slammed

slammed

4. wallyringo

wallyringo

5. Pharouh

Pharouh

That must have been quite a funeral to have 2 flower cars!

There's one in Alice's restaurant too.Mid 50's Caddy.

6. [​IMG]

This one was for sale in Quartzite Az last year. I think he's a little proud though.
    [​IMG]

7. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

Looks like a 67 Cadillac flower car ?

[​IMG]

8. perry1mj

perry1mj

I'm impressed with the responses, it's totally a 67 Flower Car, The Internet Movie Car Database, which I just found out exists, even suggested the company that did the conversions. Great now I can add Flower Car to the things I didn't know I needed until today list.

9. I've got a picture around here somewhere of a homemade one that a guy in the Mt. Vernon Washington area did. It was at the Swindlers Poker Run this fall. He used like a 63 sedan, and a 88-98 Chevy pickup back half of the cab, if I remember correctly. Sounds like a nightmare, but, he actually made something pretty nice out of two fairly plentiful and inexpensive pieces.

10. Joe Walsh For President! Though I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't run in the last couple elections. Maybe he sobered up! :rolleyes: At one time he promised that if elected the first thing he was going to do was rename the capitol to Walshington DC.

Oh... And Chaka Khan is singing with the choir at the Triple Rock Church! :D

11. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

12. ryno

ryno

theres a home made late 60-ealry 70's one ruuning around sw mo too.

13. JP racing

JP racing
    from south bay

Evel Knievels had a Kustom Cadilac El camino in the late 70...:cool:

14. [​IMG] There's a conversion called an eldorado long horn.

15. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Cool cars, also one of THE BEST car chase movies ever made.