Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. it's not that this Buick is stored by some lawyer's at thier business or that the lawyer's a gay collector....but HELL a 59-60 2 door hardtop in that color !!!!

for a few years it just sits outside with the cheap cover sometimes on it - and maybe it's moved back and forth....

but heck I drive by it EVERYDAY.....

IMAG0032.JPG

2. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

OK I will give ya a grand for it, the frame and the bike. Jim

3. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

geeze you guys are like vultures haha. the motorcycle i could probrobly get if i felt like dragging it out of the woods by hand. the frame is definatly off limits. alot of the stuff is on private land that I shouldnt have even been on. heres some more junk iv come across. probrobly beond any sort of salvage but still fun to look at. Its always cool to come across stuff like this. the flathead was with the frame. different location than the 32. and rearend is a different location too. thats actually in a town park. there was a 58 impala where the green car is down on a riverbed but it was gone last time i went down there. i think it must have gotten saved otherwise they would have taken both cars
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

if youve ever been to Watkins Glen youve probrobly seen this one
    [​IMG]

5. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

'59.

6. Ive kinda got a soft spot for 66 ford galaxie htp,s My dad bought a new one in 66 428 crusomatic, that engine ran 325 thousand miles without ever having the valve covers off. We changed the oil & filter every 2000 miles. vavoline 10w40. During that time it went through three crusomatic tranmissions and one C6, it would turn 95 mph in the quarter. OldWolf

7. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Looks like its been there a whole but there could be some stuff still on that guy. Like that fender and trim. Bench gliders are a hot commodity if they are still there
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. A old Dodge and International sitting behind my ol ladies grandpas shop. Gonna ask em bout the Dodge next trip over there. He's a 67 GTO to that I'd like to snatch up!!

[​IMG]

9. mk11

mk11
    from alberta

A real sad one...
    [​IMG]

mike

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

That is bad ass!!! I love the old for trucks like that and that one being a merc makes it much cooler, I want it!!!! That is just awesome!! Jim:D

11. big M

big M

Exactly-
    At one time, each of these cars pictured was once someone's pride and joy....

12. mk11

mk11
    from alberta

Me too, but he's got hundreds of vehicles stored on a couple of quarters that he won't sell. Some kind of sickness, I believe; varying degrees of which is possessed by most of us... Especially those with room to actually indulge it...

Here's another one (yes, it's a big window unibody)

[​IMG]

mike

13. dart165

dart165

Back lot in socal @ 2003:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. 01Dudley

01Dudley

That is a Mercury Cyclone and yes it did come with a CJ. There were 2 models of those cars. Either a Dan Gurney or a Cale Yarborough edition was available. They are pretty rare and that on is a Cale Yarborough edition(Red and White). My dad had a Dan Gurney edition(Blue and White) when I was a kid. Pretty cool car. http://cimbeon.com/mercury-cyclone-spoiler-ii-cale-yarborough-special.html

15. The pics in the link you show are a bit deceiving (not to blame you or anyone, but I just noticed the diff). While the actual cars in it appear to be Cyclones, the models look like Torino Talladegas in Cale & Dan NASCAR Cyclone trim. - Compare the grilles in the models to the real cars shown. An Air Force buddy of mine had a Cale Cyclone at Shaw AFB in the early 70s. Biggest outside and obvious differences are in the front sheet metal; the rest of the Cyclone body looks same - or close - as their stock counterparts.

If memory serves, Richard Petty drove a Ford Talladega in '69 (the only year he drove Fords to my knowledge), and I think David Pearson also drove the 'degas but not sure - was he in the #17 that year? But back to the original ref'd pic - yes it looks like one of Cale's Cyclone replicas.

(sorry for the digression! Now back to our regular programming. . .:rolleyes: )

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  16. bigsur

bigsur
    from Scotland

17. camcb

camcb

Here's one for review. It may be a little bit too new and it's not half buried in the earth but it's sitting out in the rain for months just as you see it here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. froghawk

froghawk

Well, maybe there are a few cars there that were hidden by soldiers leaving for home after the war, but the majority of the cars I see there are post-WWII, some by at least a decade or more.

19. 01Dudley

01Dudley

Wow you are correct. I didn't even look. I just googled "Dan Gurney Cyclone" just to give knowlege of the car laying in the woods back on page 277. Yes the Mercury Cyclone actually used the rear bumper on the front on the car and the fenders were different than the Talladegas because of this. The only real Cyclone in the link I posted is the model car. That is pretty funny. Good catch.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  20. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Just saw this pic of a tree growing around this old bike on a yahoo news page, said it was lost sometime in the 50's. Thought it was a cool pic.

Attached Files:

21. Yup, his mom gave him a girl's bike- he didn't want to get caught riding it by his buddies, so he ditched it... and mother nature brought it back :D

22. FAST57F100

FAST57F100
    from Washington

It was a warm summer night in June of 1964 in any town <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:country-region>USA. Ricky & Eddie heard there was a new 427 Galaxie on the lot at the local Ford dealer so they head down to take a look. With no one around, they hot wire her and take her out for a late night spin! After burning the rear tires to down to the cords they run her up to the lake and drop her in! 48 years later the body is discovered and the old girl is beached! Man I have heard the story a hundred times…

Attached Files:

23. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Is there still a warrant out for your arrest??

24. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that picture of the beached Galaxie really intrigues me. The title of the picture says it is a '64 R code - I wonder if it is really true? How owuld you like to stumble on something like that, even if it had been underwater?

25. [​IMG]

Damn that looks like a bike I used to have. My two older cousins had a bad habit of throwing my bikes and other stuff up into trees. There was one bike that they managed to get up a tree so high that no one was ever able to get it out.:mad:

26. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Just imagine the fishing pole to get it off the bottom!

27. big M

big M

The wheels showing, have '56 Merc wheelcovers, Hi-Po cars in '64 came with 15 inch wheels, and Ford had a stash of '56 Merc wheelcovers leftover, which had a spinner fitted to conceal the merc man in the center. The potmetal spinners probably corroded away in the water after years of setting there.

---John

28. Here's higher res pic of the car: [​IMG]