Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Your 2012...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jack Caroll's is my favorite '32 5w ever.....period but I can't give it my favorite 2012 because I've liked it since 2009.

[​IMG]

I think my favorite 2012 build is my friend Chris' '34 roadster. It was awesome to see him take that car from a pile of parts to driving it to Bonneville last August. It's also really something to see someone actually grasp their dream car which is what he did. I like it so much I did this Faux Vintage feature for it on my Sugar City site...

[​IMG]

If we're not talking casual, then I'd say the SoCal Streamliner ranked very high for me. I was awestruck when I finally seen it in person.

2. It may be a little 2011ish, but I think The Texas Playboy holds up!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. My buddy Logan's coupe. Although on the road in late 2011, He finished the interior and some plating earlier this year. It was a 10 year labor of love.

<a href="http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/hotrodder_66/swindlers%20poker%20run%2011/?action=view&current=IMG_0679.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. toranaback

toranaback

So many cool cars!, seneory overload happening here. I am a little curious as to the torsion bar rear suspension on tne Brizo built blue coupe it looks so compact and neat i would love to see a tech article on that setup way cool IMHO !

5. I enjoyed the Bass roadster build and it has my vote.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1357091290.280468.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. goetzcr

goetzcr

I can't get enough of Sylvester III. I love the look, unique execution, and history of that car.

7. [​IMG]
    I thought this was an excellent car displayed at one of our local shows here in Middle Tennesse.

8. Swede64

Swede64

Some incredible stuff posted here but my favorite are the 59 Chevy wagon that´s being built by Cody Walls. I think it might just be my 2013 favorite too.

9. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

There are many fine examples of awesome hot rods here, and all of them, I am sure, are nicer than mine. But mine is my favorite for 2012, because I actually started it and built it myself, and because some great friends jumped in to help out and make it happen in such a short time frame. And I got to take it down the beach at Race of Gentlemen, however slowly. So, it's my own sense of accomplishment that I celebrate with this, because Nick's car, and Andy's car, and Cory's car are all undoubtedly nicer than mine. But I built mine, so I like it. Anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I think its a little late to the 2012 party, but I loved Tom Lieb's roadster. There are super slick details to make it a better driver as well as some neat rare parts.

[​IMG]

11. joe little

joe little
    from UK

Has anyone got a link to a build thread on this? Its bad ass!!

12. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I remember following the wagon build, it is still one of my favorite cars ever, I would love to go through a car like that some day....beautiful car! Jim

13. What are the wheels on the car? I ask because they seem to be the same that are on the 1960 Le Mans Corvette race car? Is that correct?

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

2012 was a good year for completion of some nice rides.

15. My favorite build of 2012 is also Tom Gloy's Deuce "FASBOY":

[​IMG]
    Goodguys 2012 Hot Rod of the Year

... not only becuase it's just plain bitchin' ... but also because Mr. Gloy isn't afraid to drive it! (see KIRK!'s "RODFATHER TOUR" threads HERE & HERE).

16. The Goon

The Goon

Tough choice, but probably either Sylvester III or Django's 36.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. flamingokid

flamingokid

This car epitomizes clean,classic,cool.Most of the cars on this site have that going on,some more than others.

18. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Well I may be a little biased on this one but Tom Gloys roadster is probably my favorite, and after traveling across the US with him this summer I can tell you its all HOT ROD! and by the smile on his face you can see he loves it! and by the way it was about 40 degrees that morning.

PS
    Wait till you see what Brizio Street Rods is bringing to GNRS this year, you will love it......

Attached Files:

19. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

I agree! I think the biggest factor in deciding who built the nicest ride IS the drive-ability, and if they actually use the car. It saddens me to see cars sitting. A friend's dad collects cars, and they are all worthless trophies unless you go shread the tires off em!
    Happy New year ALL!

20. Another vote for Cory's roadster.

....and not just because he's a local & a "co-worker" ;)

Attached Files:

21. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

That Sylvester III is nice lookin love the channel.

Jake

22. tgrracer

tgrracer

Hey, I vote for cory's roadster. Met him in Iowa on the cruise and that is one fine 32. We nicked named he and his wife "old souls" cuz they are too young to have built such a fine machine.
    My 32 'fasboy' is one super car, but Cory has old school down pat.

Tom

23. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

That's quite the compliment Tom....and for anyone who doesn't know Tom Gloy, run a quick google search.

I think the coolest part about this list is that most of the cars are road proven, far driven, and high quality machines. They're understated, which allows the car to make its own statement, rather than a bunch of weird or rare stuff stuck on it. That alone will make these cars never seem old or dated.

Anyway, like everyone else said, 2012 yielded some really nice cars, and we all can't wait to see what this year brings us.

24. sota

sota

times2!!

25. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Man, looks great all black, a hint of chrome, and I love roadsters with short tops! I can go with this car for 2012.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB Tom! You obviously have a grown man's share of humility . . . very classy. It's like picking your favorite anything, almost impossible to do . . . best you can really do is top 3 or 5 . . . and your deuce is definitely as good as it gets!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I;ve seen and photographed Chris's roadster and Sylvester III and both can hold their own with any in the same league that either is in but even though I haven't seen it in person the Steadfast tudor flat spins my wheels this time around. That it has made some serious road trips right out of the box doesn't hurt either.

There are a lot of great cars offered up in this thread and I'd have to think that a guy or gal could expect to jump in the majority of the ones listed and make a 2 3 thousand mile road trip without a second thought except for what to pack and making sure that he/she had packed proper clothes for all conditions they would encounter along the way.

28. basicbob

basicbob

At 64 I will be greedy picking both Cory's roadster along with Henry's sedan. That way I could drive the roadster when my wife wants to cruise & drive the sedan with my three grand daughters when they are out of school.

Roy did a super job on Tom Gloy's roadster, I was lucky to see all three at Indy!

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

Goodguys Hot Rod of the Year Finalist!

30. Gotta be mine....especially after you watch the video of it's test drive.....sounds effin awesome!