Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. twochops

twochops

Harry owned it for 45 years,Jack bought it in 1999.
    TwoChops

2. Rikster

Rikster

Then it went to the museum that never was.... And auctioned a couple of years ago. Think it still is ithe US.

3. resto-rodder

resto-rodder

I like the Lincoln Continental look to the top and rear window. Very classy profile from the rear 3/4 view.

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

If I recall, it sold at auction for a really low amount. Stu

5. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

The Harry Bradley 1951 Chevrolet "La Jolla" Custom Coupe sold for $24,750 at RM Auctions' sale at the Petersen Museum in September 2009.

[​IMG]

6. Holy crap! $24k for that car? unreal...what a steal.

7. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Happy New Year all of you:)

Well i stand with one feet in 1951-52 era and the oter feet in 1953.....
    and the car is not an old kustom i bought it in 2005 and have worked on it since then......anyway it feels like it´s not mine:rolleyes: I have got so mutch inspiration and ideas from Buster Littons Panoramic-Ford that it feels like it´s busters car............so the question is can i mount the interior I like in the car or shall i go the way and copy the interior Buster had??

and waht colour will look best on the wheels.....?
    with caps and skirts you can only see the edge of the wheel, now it´s red. but i have some ideas about black? white? silver?....
    A stock 1949-51 ford have wheels painted in the bodycolour.

Two days ago:D
    [​IMG]

8. Janne

Janne

Looks good. I just remebered your email when I saw this.

9. Rikster

Rikster

Looks really great Andreas concratulations on finally have your car in paint.

On the wheels, I woul use black, or a very dark version of your body color.
    White, or silver will not look good for sure.

10. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Concratulations Andreas

I am really looking forward to see your car again this summer

So much hard work and dedication you have put in to this car

11. Black or Gold wheels would look good!

12. Wow looks great in paint. What do you want for an interior? As long as it is in keeping with the rest of the car I see no problem doing your own thing. You are not building the car as an exact clone I assume so I don't see the need to copy Busters interior. I am personally not a big fan of his interior and unless I was building a clone wouldn't have copied it.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The interior I would go with your gut and heart that makes it your decision and no one elses...it's going to be stunning either way. Happy New Year.

14. Black wheels is never a bad choice!

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I agree with all of the above.

16. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Thanks Rik, and yes the wheel could look nice in dark bodycolour.....the paint on the wheel now are little darker then the bodycolour, but just red.. not the right colour!
    i will wait and see how it looks when the skirts is painted..

Thanks Tim, well i look forward to see your Merc.....maby we can do a kustom line up this year:)

17. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yeah, this and the Jack Stewart/Jim Street/Bob Drake Ford sold for basicly phone change given their provenance! Fast foward three years, and a '36 Ford brings 300K, but whata '36 Ford!

" There is in manufacturing a creative joy that only poets are supposed to know. Someday I'd like to show a poet how it feels to design and build a locomotive . '' - Walter P. Chrysler -

18. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Thanks for your help and ideas, for the moment i am trying to decide how
    i want to do the interior.....and i have so many ideas......so all input and critic is great.......

And i am not trying to hijack this thread........
    Just felt this is the right thread with the most critical kustom guys to ask:D

19. chrisman

chrisman

Looks fantastic, Andreas! Hoping to see more photos soon :)

20. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Hey Swedeshoebox absolutely loving the colour of the ford. Really suits the car. It's going to look great when it's all back together.

Paul.

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I wouldn't go with a "Full Chicago'' (loud plaid) interior, but would probably dial it back colour and pattern wise! You've picked a pretty bright top coat colour, and a busy or bright interior might tilt the build towards ''circus wagon"! You've done a killer job with the sheetmetal that has the "Buster Look" why negate all your work to a '' bordelo parlor motif ''.
    What kinda nave plates (hub caps) will you be running? There's a big difference in colour choice if half the wheel is showing once the cover is in place:)

And I wouldn't worry about the hijack, I doubt to thred is headed to cuba:D

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

22. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Hey, Andreas!

Your car will probably be THE Kustom of Scandinavia in 2013 together with Tims 1939 Mercury. So, to think you are "hijacking" is a totally wrong thought. That is an amazing car, built with all the correct stuff and with respect for the history of classic kustom cars.

About the interior, I agree with the others. Since it's not a 100% clone car, you should go with the interior style you think looks best. It will still be in the era perfect field, but with your own taste.

23. weez

weez

Really excited to see the "Buster" car coming together in color! Great job Andreas!

24. sophisto79

sophisto79

Damn, a lot of us could have gotten that car for that price...and given her a great home with a lot of outings!;)

25. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Hubcaps will be Cadillac 1953 "oops to new:D"
    I think the red wheels look ok! but is the colour correct?
    [​IMG]

26. Me too.

27. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I like the red you,ve got on the wheels, but you might try a gloss black too! No way in hell I'd go the body colour as it would tilt the build in a street rod build kinda vibe.
    For the interior I'd run witha square bisket button tuffed pattern on the seat squabs and backs, ditto the trim pads in a bone white. A standard tuck and roll would be the default mode for a build like this with so many tastie licks! The carpets would have to be white wool with piping at the edges to match the seats, maybe a deep oxblood, but black piping would be alittle dramatic.

Great build

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

28. This car is looking great ^^^ killer paint.Congrats!

29. Andreas - I think that gloss black wheels would look good...

You might try gold too, I used a sandy gold on my Hudson. The body color is Buick Titian Red, and really dig the gold on the wheels peeking out from behind my Olds caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

[​IMG]

What i said when i read the auction "results" back then. The Adonis clone sold for about the same too.....if i knew it back then i would have got a loan and bid! LOL

No words...
    [​IMG]