Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage Tin Found In The Desert-'33 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Surly you took pics of the dig,let's see them.........

2. rixtasan

rixtasan

So we dug a little first to see what it looked like under the dirt and this is what we found....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. p/ugasser

p/ugasser

Fisher Brothers, from Norwalk, Ohio. Coach's to Cars.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Unbelievable! Those screws look like they'd back right out! I'm guessing the rest of the body is in fairly good shape.

5. I love details like that. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to go "bottling" in Victorian bottle banks, always put a smile on your face if you found a bottle with writing. This car excavation must bring the same feeling only x100%

Hope it works out for you

6. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Looks like everyone is digging this thread, and you guys are dragging it out. hahahahaha, we are all buried in frustration to see what is remaining !

Looks promising though !

7. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

You should travel with a band! BOOMTISS!:D

8. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

The Aussie wonder from down under :rolleyes:

Thankyou, thankyou very much . . . . . Aha. :cool:

9. Model T1

Model T1

Just a little more to see the bead on the front fender. At this rate we won't know till next year !!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

10. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Time keeps on ticking ticking ticking, in to the future . . . . . . :cool:

11. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!! Show us the car!!!! You are killing us, whoever owns it, you could still show us what you dug up!!! Jim

12. Sibley built his coupe faster than this.:D

13. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

Maybe, just maybe they will not show us because they found the original owner was buried in it and the sands of time have slowly exposed what has been buried all those years ? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

14. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I think you mean Slippin slippin slippin into the future..Steve Miller band.:D

15. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa is under it.:rolleyes:

16. The '35 Standard sedan had a one-piece rear body panel which also covered the gas tank. '34 Standard sedan had a two-piece rear body panel with the lower half being a gas tank apron. Looking at the firewall view, you can see that it is the X-member frame underneath used by the '35 Standard. The cowl vent on the '34 was rectangular and opened rearward. The '35 cowl vent was a slight trapezoid also opening rearward. The '34/35 standard cowl vents were four inches on the sides while the '33s were five inches. The '35 Master had a peaked cowl vent which opened forward. The '35 Master 4dr had four suicide doors while the '35 Standard 4dr only had suicide doors on the rear. It is a '35 Standard sedan in the OP's pix. See attached pix for comparison.

Attached Files:

17. Saveable for sure, keep digging.

18. Hemiken

Hemiken
    from Australia

You got what i was getting at, i knew it was slippin, i just wanted the ticking to reference how long we are all waiting :) I knew someone would pick up on it ;)

19. Hot Rod Apprentice

Hot Rod Apprentice

Great start pictures, and what a great find

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. robwizard

robwizard

I know I'm probably gonna get shut down.. but my experience, albeit limited, with this sort of thing is that it's going to end sadly :(

Find something ultra rad.. figure you should do the decent thing and follow up "excuse me I was wondering what you were doing with that 80 year old car rusting away in the desert full of holes and clearly not being used? Might we take it and give it a new life? Please?"

"NO, not for sale!" orrrrr "Yeah sure, fifty grand please. It's worth ten times that!"

I would be down there under the light of the moon with my shovel getting busy busy busy...

21. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I say dig it out and load it up and be done with it.
    A few years ago I spent several months trying to find an owner of some property down in SE New Mexico. Never had much luck. I finally just dug the stuff out and hauled it off. In my case it was a Model A pick-up bed that had been made into a trailer.
    I hug the wheels up out of the sand, aired them up and had to drag the thing about a 1/4 mile across the desert to get it to my truck.
    [​IMG]

22. Yes, i would just load up both those junkers and drive off. Who would take a second look at that stuff on a trailer out in the middle of nowhere ? It,s junk to the common man, right ? Who is to stop you once your on the road ? Even if some smartass questions your intentions just be ready with a smartass answer or maybe even some other fancy sounding official environmentally correct gab. :D. Just enjoy the hobby gentlemen.

23. hang on a second are we all on here condoning what is in its most basic form:

archaelogical purloining of a desirable item belonging to person or persons who may or may not give a s**t, though almost certainly do not owing to its current symbiotic relationship with terra firma

Just hurry up and load that thing up!

24. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

^^^^ what he said ^^^^

25. Moedog07

Moedog07

How about Finders - Keepers!!

26. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I hate to be a downer here but pillaging something that isn't yours is theft! The one thing that most members have in common is they despise theft. Now I know they are never gonna do anything with is but just digging it up & taking it is stealing. Now I'm all about saving those cars; hell I have a 33 chevy 3 window in my garage but it was purchased. Okay rant/insight over. Just be careful. And some more pictures would be nice.:rolleyes:

27. Then a week later we can read the thread "scrappers stole my '33 Chevy coupe that was half buried at my camp" ....

28. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Patience, and doing the right thing are usually rewarded. The owner, may know of some other tin. It has happened to me several times. You'll never regret doing the right thing.

29. Road Runner

Road Runner

If it's on private land, the bullet holes reveal how much the owner cares about it.
    With state land so close, most owners with a sense for value, would have hauled it to safety decades ago.

Keep us up to date with your research or salvage and good luck.

30. a few years ago, I found a '39 Ford Coupe, 289/302, Cruiseomatic, Jag rear end, and a 26-27 T roadster, tube frame, stainless 4 bar front and back, on some abandoned property here. Found out the guy had left town rather than pay child support (at least that's the story I got) and I posted on here asking how to go about acquiring said vehicles....You would have thought I showed up and just took them, the way people attacked me, called me a thief, etc etc...
    I found out later, after tallking to my friend, a Code Enforcement Officer, that the cars were hauled off and crushed.