Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Last Ride...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Back in the day a good friend and neighbor wrecked a car and was at home in a body cast for 3-4 montyhs. His wife got another friend to find a 55 Caddy Hearse and then rented a lock in stretcher. We would go by with a couple of cases of beer and a fifth of booze, put Willie on the stretcher, in the hearse and ride around town in Richmond,Va. We pulled into a car wash and put a sheet over Willie, when the car came out of the other side he raised up under the sheet and all of the wipers ran like Hell. Funny as shit.

2. khead47

khead47

Back in my hipppy daze (early 70's), had a 1964 caddy ambulance. Wanted to install a big nitrous bottle where the o2 tanks were secured (and NOT for the engine!) Had to sell it when the MAN kept hassling me. Good times.

3. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

There ia a peetty rare one near me but what the ____ would I do with it?

I posted it here once before just 'cause it's rare and just rotting away, and a hearse guy asked me to put him in touch with the owner...I did so, and he got a good $ quoted.

Flaked out, so there it sits. Oh well. I just keep the photos in my "won't see this particaular car again anywhere" file!

It's probably gonna sit there in the guy's yard another 20 years until some Hearse nut locates it this time!

1956 Cadillac...but a (I since found out...fairly rare) "Miller Meteor".

Pretty elaborate trim on the ones that company built.

Attached Files:

4. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta love the hearse. Next project for me will be a hearse or panel.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs

I've always wanted a hearse. One of these days..........

6. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Here is my 78 m&m 425 cu along with some photo shop ideas
    Also lets not forget Tony Stewart,s hearse and chicks really like to get in the back .

Attached Files:

7. Deuce hearse,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one belongs to the local funeral home,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Shagrat

Shagrat

I've been told on here that no hearse is traditional, but whatever.... Here's my 57 Miller-Meteor. I'm waiting until I have a better shop to tear into it. It's getting 472/t400 power & modern brakes from a '73 Caddy.
    [​IMG]

9. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Slight correction, it is a '56 Meteor. Miller and Meteor were separate companies that merged and became Miller-Meteor in 1957. Very cool coach you pictured. There are identical models existing in TX, IL, and Vancouver.

10. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

As a guy that has been around lots of hearses... LOL. I've owned 5 or 6. I've never made one into a cruiser by lowering it and putting some horse power in it.

I think that would be a cool project. I LOVE flower cars. The old Caddy's made into pickup trucks are super cool. I almost bought a Caddy station wagon from a guy just a couple of months ago, but I was a couple of days late.

Here is a hearse I use to own. It's newer than usual for here but you don't see them often. A Chevy Suburban Hearse.

buds
    chuck

[​IMG]

11. Friend up in eastern Kentucky told me that the funeral home there has a 4WD Chevy Suburban hearse because of some of the difficult places they have to get into picking up bodies and getting to some isolated little cemeteries.

12. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

Sounds about right. This one came out of southern Ohio. Pretty close to KY line.

[​IMG]

13. Never seen a pick up hearse! Very cool! Hope your wife likes yours better then mine!Had mine for three yrs n still never even opened the door lol!

14. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw a dually suburban hearse with room for eight passengers, like a hearse / limo used by the military for transporting the casket and the honor guard in one vehicle. I'll see if I can find a pic.

15. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw this dually suburban hearse with room for eight passengers, like a hearse / limo used by the Air Force for transporting the casket and the honor guard in one vehicle. ImageUploadedByTJJ1357019422.604839.jpg

16. pontiac

pontiac

Here's a couple of old hearses I took some pics of.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

47 Cadillac

[​IMG]

Another shot of it from the other end...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]