Register now to get rid of these ads!

clutch and brake pedal location How's yours?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Dec 31, 2012.

1. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

It's funny, I have been looking at a bunch of different car setups (factory, hot rod, Honda) and it is really odd to look at how many variables and differences there are in clutch to brake pedal travel, lengths, locations and what not. I notice that some have a higher clutch pedal, some spaced vert differently, etc. Please chime in on this, as I am moving ahead today on my clutch assem, and want to know "How are yours hangin?" and why you did that way. I have a tight squeeze to make both pedals drop below my column, but I just about got it so they both will make it there. It always freaks me out to see pedals divided by a column. I guess it works, but I don't think I could get comfortable driving that way.

2. What are you building? That is important information.

3. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

1930 Dodge RPU Channeled 6 inches , sectioned 7 inches, so I got little room- which is not a bid surprize to anyone on this site. These damn cabs are all so small; but I guess that's what makes em what they are.

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

i hate cars that cant be driven easy. there is no reason to have a bad pedal layout

my chopped channeled sectioned 30 model A pick up has plenty of room for my size 11 boots not to hit any other pedal while driving.

all the pedals are in the same line and height.

Attached Files:

5. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

When I laid out my pedals, I came up with about 7" from the floor to the center of the pedal. Measured OEM to come up with that distance. Been driving my 32 for a few years now, is comfortable.

Ago

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

Same here, Ago. I actually lengthened my hanging pedals so that I could basically heel-toe the pedals for better feel. This may not look like an optimum setup, but when you think about it, it's all governed by the positioning of the steering column. Even though the pedals aren't lined up & I had to notch the trans hump to properly toe the gas pedal, I'm totally comfortable with it all. I have an old Miata & I did a lot of measuring from that car, i.e. pedal height, knee room, distance from the seat to the pedals, etc.

[​IMG]

7. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Fleet,
    Same here on heel and toe,Just an old guy that had sports cars too.

Ago