Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Saved it from the scrapper in '72. It sat behind the folks' place (as below) until '07. Used it as a parts car for the '56 Fairlane I've had since '68.
    [​IMG]

2. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Been sitting since 88 going to fix it owner says

Attached Files:

3. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Been sitting for 32 years he,s almost finished working on it for his son :cool:

Attached Files:

4. J_J_

J_J_

Yeah it looks just like my 66 I wish I haddent sold!:(
    only project I almost finished:rolleyes:

5. Thumper

Thumper

Damn.....glad to see him bustin his ass to get it done.....:rolleyes:

6. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

7. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

8. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Wow that dam tree has been there so long it grew a car around it... now i cant trim it !:D

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Every time I see a old abandoned car or one that has been sitting in a junkyard for many years it gets me thinking at one time someone was real happy when they drove it off the dealers lot and took great care of it and wonder why its sitting there.

MyCrustyVW likes this.
  10. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

We will have to keep this site on the down lo ... when the gov Mint takes our cars and forces electric scooters on US !!! :eek: we will know where 2 get more of them :cool:

11. OK Porsche930Dude, you do realize that you found a 1932 Ford skeleton right there. Hard to tell if it,s a cabriolet or a 5 window coupe but i think it,s the remains of a coupe. :eek:
    Strange that the firewall is loose but left to rot with the rest of the body.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  12. Like 34gaz says, hope it's saved by now. You found the holy grail (at least for me ;))
    Every 1932 Ford, even in this condition, must be saved.:cool:

13. Okay so, what would anyone be willing to pay - I mean REALLY, with cash in hand and ready to step up - for a car such as this, in the condition it's in? I wonder if anyone has offered the owner anything for it? Just curious, as I have no idea what today's market value would be.

14. I have no idea, but for a couple of hundreds i would buy it. The firewall alone is worth it.:rolleyes:

15. So it's "the holy grail" and "must be saved" and only worth a couple hundred? I'm confused....:confused:

16. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I think he's saying if you can buy it for a couple hundred, then buy it, I know I would. But it's really hard to tell actually how bad it is in one snow covered pic. Kind of looks like a Sport Coupe to me, but the door almost looks too long?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  17. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

Its in the woods behind my neghbors house. Just waiting on the right time to ask him about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and an old jawa motorcycle 1958 i think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. pontiac

pontiac

Sitting in a small one car garage locally...was for sale a few years ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Johnny99

Johnny99

Late 60's Charger. Sits not to far from me in an area that floods. Did some work for a guy that lives close to it, he says factory big block four speed, you get to see it when a flood washes the cover away. Owner just covers it back up, wont sell. Sad.

Happy New Year!

John

Attached Files:

20. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

[​IMG]
    Looks to me like a SPORT COUPE!!

21. Dude, I think the right time was 40 years ago-MIKE:eek::D

22. Still say the same but now with a better pic. Could be the holy grail (at least for me) but have been a little to long outside, but still would give a couple of hundreds.
    Chassis in the next pic is not from a 32.

Hennie

23. dblgun

dblgun

24. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I agree, it does look a little worse for the wear, but I'd still love to own it! Looks even more like a Sport Coupe to me now.

25. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Thanks for the pics, guys. Can't get enough of these old yards.

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I can't wait until Spring for the snow to melt up here.I hope to go hunting with my camera to get some new pictures of old cars to share with you guys.Happy 2013 fellas ...

27. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

How many of you think that lots of these "rotters" don't have a storied past? I've run on to several rotters that still have bank liens, etc. - the reason they are not titled/running. Maybe one reason some guys don't let go of stuff is fear of getting caught up in some old drama.

28. dirt42

dirt42

This one is sitting on route 30 outside of Hammonton on the way to Atlantic City. The note on the window says do not touch, not for sale but it's been sitting for years as is.

Attached Files:

29. Well, Happy New Year everyone. I went out yesterday and took pics of all sorts of stuff that belongs on this thread, which I've now enjoyed for months, but damn if I can get everything figured out to post them for you. I'll keep trying. Switching from PC to Apple and losing all my editing programs in the process sure makes a guy feel old!

30. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

I remember cars when I was a kid sitting in the woods back by a pond where we would go Ice Skating in Concord township Pa. Now that area is full of houses. Its a shame.