Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. violet springs

violet springs

2. Hmmm....

Interesting avatars.

I'll save my money, wait for the reviews & read them, then deside on 2014.

Good luck Don, I hope it works out for you and you get a good turnout.

3. BLAINE 816

BLAINE 816

Don as a point of interest. On a 32 ford do we measure from the rocker panel[ the
    bottom of the body],or the bottom of the running boards.

4. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Great post Jim! I dont see what the problem is? You go to race........you race! You will race against cars just like yours, whats the problem? I won the first two years at Thompsons Gasser Reunion and we went thru all this with Jack Allcott back then. I raced my low tube chassis 1941 Willys against old school nose high cars, my car was deadly consistant, was it fair to race against old school leaf spring cars.......NO! Point is, we all have different cars and like them for what they are, we dont want to change them for one or two races, go to the races to have fun and race against other cars like yours, that way there is no unfair advantages. Remember its a reunion not a National Event, reunions are about fun and friends! If they open the doors to more cars it will be a great car show also, who wants to go to a car show and see only one kind of car, not me.

5. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Glad to see that there are a lot of people that think the same way that I do. In a brake out race or first to the finish line race the modern day chassis cars have a big unfair advantage. So why would you have a gasser race where most of the period correct cars get beat first round. Then the next thing you know the people with correct cars will change there cars to be more competitive and then a few years down the road the cars that were the fan draw to start with are gone.I know this for a fact just look what has happened to a lot of the other gasser deals out there. There are some people on here that would pass out if they had to run on our gasser rules from last year and they are going to be more strict in 2013. Don needs every body's support believe it or not he is looking out for your future

6. So what you're saying is that there were NO "period correct cars" or even "original gassers" that were not nose high??? :confused: :rolleyes:

Hummm....

Here's another that wouldn't qualify because the rockers are not past the centerline of the front spindle:

[​IMG]

7. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

8. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

There were plenty that were not as high as Dons new rule but most were. I know what he is trying to do he has to draw the line some where. Not to hijack this thread but our new rule for 2013 is minimum 11" at the front of the rocker and 10" at the rear like I said in an early post I will have to raise my car about an inch in the front to run with ya'll. There are plenty of car running around that are nose high that I don't think should be call old school gassers because every thing else is to modern just my 2 cents worth.

9. Jim and Dave both good points...... Don I think you have a big undertaking and you are trying to make it fair ,competitive and entertaining for the spectators. I haven't seen where you are trying to eliminate anyone.Just put a more modern gasser in its own class. I'm for the heads up beat them on the light and drive. Thats more exciting for the grandstand. If it looks like a duck , walks like a duck then it must be a duck. I feel for you on the Grey area. It's all about opinions. I know your doing your best to please, not pointing fingers but there will always be someone who's ice cream is to cold.

Looks like center line of the spindle on Kohler Anglia would be above rocker. I don't think it has to be nose high to pass.. Maybe pull a string line from wheel center to wheel center to determine if the car is sitting right???

10. jimdillon

jimdillon

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> If we keep in mind that this is not the Nationals-it is a Reunion. That being said it is the nature of all of the guys that want to run to be competitive. How competitive is it to run old school gassers versus new gassers because there were some gassers in the day that had a down stance, if some of the down cars that run are wolves in sheep’s clothing? If there turns out to be a lot of Nostalgia down cars, I would bet Don would show some flexibility-just a guess. He already seems to be flexible if the centerline rule is close.

There is no perfect solution and to avoid the obvious problems of the past Don chose his centerline rule. No matter what rule anyone chooses there will be some people that disagree, I believe that is a given. I think if the event pits like car against like car then in the end the majority of the participants and the fans will feel a real measure of success.

Arguing with tech has been going on since the beginning of drag racing-some turned it into an art form. But since this is a Reunion, you can bet tech wants it real simple. They do not want confrontation for what is basically a fun get together. The track personnel may like the cars but I would guess are not as enamored with these old gassers as most of the participants.

I would be willing to gamble if anyone has a “better” solution, the moment you post it will probably be met with resistance as well. If everyone goes out and runs the numbers that they know they should, running against reasonable competition and keeping in mind it is a “fun” get together, it may be something you look on fondly, which is the point of it all.

If there is a surefire perfect solution I am sure Don would be all ears. Anyone want to trade places with him?-Jim
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

11. [​IMG]

No one is saying run old school against new school, just run an actual gasser against an actual gasser regardless of how high someone thinks a front end should be.

In other words, if it is a duck then it is a duck!

Please guys, we should be teaching history not re-writing it!

Otherwise the "new breed" will think that a gasser needs to be sky high and have a straight axle.

12. slammed

slammed

The guy is making something happen the way he sees fit. This all inclusive me-ism mentality can not work in the long haul.

13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I have to agree with you on this statement. Well said

14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

After reading previous posts here is what I'd do if I were King.

Nostalgia Gassers must meet any SIX of the following ELEVEN stipulations:

JACKED UP STANCE (as originally proposed)
    PERIOD PAINT AND GRAPHICS
    PERIOD ENGINE ACCOUTREMENTS
    PERIOD WHEELS
    ORIGINAL FRAME RAILS AND FRONT SUSPENSION
    STRAIGHT AXLES
    RADIUSED REAR WHEELS WITH OVERHANGING SLICKS
    TINTED PLEXIGLASS WINDOWS
    PERIOD INTERIOR TRIM AND/OR UPHOLSTERY
    FLIP FRONT ENDS
    ADD YOUR STIPULATION HERE_______________________

Not satisfied with only SIX of the above? Fine, make it SEVEN or EIGHT or whatever.

That way there would be many paths to nostalgia, none of which would be necessarily incorrect, much like it really was with everything from Beetles to '30s and '40s coupes, '50s and '60s sedans . Racer choses. If he doesn' have enough stipulations satisfied then not a Nostalgia/Gasser.

15. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Don,
    Congrats on the new position. Hopefully everything goes well. For interest sake what class would my car be put into. It is the car in my Avatar!
    Jay

16. Blaine, Unfortunatly there have not been many pre-war gassers at any of the Reunions! I got these pictures of the net, hopefully these will help. A stock 32 is pretty close to the rule. However, we are reunion of race cars, so 1/4 mile times with the index system will eliminate them from this class.

The next picture is a great looking 3 window. The car does fall below the line rule, however it is pretty close and if a car showed up looking like it, the grey rule would apply.

The third picture is of a really nice looking 5 window. This car will be classified in the Hot Rod class.

If anyone is concerened on which class their car would fit in, you can email me a couple pictures and some technical information of your car, and I can give you a better idea of your class designation.

Attached Files:

17. This car would run Gasser class.

18. Both Jim's, Mr. Gasser, Quain, and Willys 41 all make great points! You guys are better politicians ( putting feelings in to words!)than I am and I really appreciate the supprt. I am confident that the Reunion will be a better event because of all of our efforts!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  19. I totally agree with your points! However, in your previous posts, you use examples of cars that do not agree with your comments. While I am partial to both the Corvette and the Henry J, they are not Nostalgic gassers representative of the past. They have been modified and their stance and performance proves it. We do, however, want them to race at the event, and the more cars like them that show up will allow me to make a specific class for them, which I will admit I would love to see! It may happen this year, we are flexible and the turnout will dictate the ability to add more classes.

20. I would love to do this, however, getting the track tech process involved would be difficult and time consuming.

21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

It is doable if you can prove to the track that the cars will show up even if the criteria is tightened on how the cars look. The "MELTDOWN DRAGS" has a closed two day event if your car doesn't meet the criteria it doesn't run. Check out www.meltdowndrags.com there are a complete list of rules. This event is the closest thing to 1966 that there is.

22. Ok guys I talked at length with Beaver Bob and here is what we are going to do....we are going to have 2 gasser classes! Now I would like some input on the names and format. The nose high cars will be the Nostalgia Gas class and will run the index format. The cars that are lower we need the name for, and a format. I am leaning toward Modified Gas and run them handicap. What do you guys think?

23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Modern day Gas

24. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Those are the 2 cars that ran in the Nostalgia Gasser class that made a bunch of guys upset and some of them left. Because of that you are ready to take an original Gasser and not let it race in the Nostalgia Gasser class because the rocker panel is too low? I think this could be a potential mistake. There are a few East Coast Gasser guys who have correct cars but the rockers aren't above the spindle, Rigor Mortis is one, still has the original paint from the 60's. Would be wrong to keep a car like that out of the Nostalgia gasser class in my opinion. I know my car is real close on this rule but will pass only because it doesn't have rocker panels and it has all the original suspension form 67 still on it. My opinion is you need to have a little promoters discretion on this rule for some cars. Just my 2 cents Don. I know you are trying to do the right thing here.

25. I like the two gasser class idea. Our Gasser Racing Series uses Nostalgia Gas and Mod ( Modified ) Gas. It's worked for us plus it would be nice if the tracks holding these events could use the same (or close to it) terminology. Might cause less confusion.

26. Back in the "real" gasser war days there were no BBC's. Most AAG/S charged cars were powered by an Olds, a Pony, a Hemi, a few BBF's (FE's) etc. The lower gas classes included sbc's, but there were no such thing as a BBC's back then. So, what do you do with those if you are really thinking nostalgia? Hmm, I know, lets pretend we had them then, yeah, thats the ticket.

I think the new rules are good myself. Go for it.

27. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

The Big Block Chevy came out in 1965. Plenty of "Real" Gassers back in the day ran them. Just Ask Jack Merkel. He ran one in 67 in his AA/GS 33 Willys

28. This is absolutely correct!

Somebody also forgot about "The Mistery Motor".

29. Hyper Henry

Hyper Henry

Have only raced a few US Nostalgia races but when I do and I enter a Gasser class and end up running against low on the ground, every weekend bracket racers it pisses me off!! I want to run against cars like mine and what 'MOST' people will think is a Gasser. I only race about 5 or 6 times a year and when I spend a large chunk of change and all the hasles of crossing the border to make the trip to the US I at least want to have a fighting chance. Yes I am there for the fun and to meet and see all the great cars but I think everyone would like to win a round or two. I usually have no shot at that when running those low on the ground, every weekend bracket cars. High in the front, straight axke, rear tires sticking out cars are way more unpredictable than the 'other' type of cars.

I say great job Don!! and if my car is not high enough in the front I will raise it a bit more to meet the rules.

Top Banana........ my car ran as quick as 9.60's with my old motor but now only runs mid 10's with it's present combo. Either combo was pretty easy to slow down as much as 1/2 second by changing timing or shift points.

My 2 cents
    Cheers
    Derrick

Attached Files:

30. Thanks Derrick, can't wait to line up next to ya!