Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. Jdhertz

Jdhertz
    from Miami

Here are some better pictures.

Has a Fulton visor on it now too...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. fredrik49

fredrik49
    from Sweden

Thanks Squablow! It´s my first Kustom i have build, and i´m here to learn and to get ideas! When i bought the car it came with modern drivetrain, and it still runs great with the car, so its not a "time period correct" car, but it got some influences in the right way. Appleton 112, Cadillac -53 hubcaps, frenched headlights, lowered, shortened trim and so on!

And thanks again for the nice comments!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Dear Jdhertz,

Thís is a thread for Kustom cars, not lowered original cars. It is nice, but has nothing to do here. The Fulton visor upgrade info shows even more that it isn't something for this thread. Hate to be the police, but please read the meaning of the thread before posting. Since this is your first posting before even doing an intro, please lurk around first and get to know the place.

Thanks
    J.B.

4. Jdhertz

Jdhertz
    from Miami

Was just adding pictures to Yaril's post and picture above, did you see that? Must be cold in Sweden this morning!

5. VonKool13

VonKool13

Nope, must be a newb jumpin in where he doesnt belong. If you go back and read a few pages like the OP mentioned you would have a clue.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

I know this thread is about newly built 48-52 styled Kustoms but the people on HAMB that likes this style,like me,is writning in this thread so i hope my question fits anyway.
    I just wonder if ther´s ANY pictures at all of Jesse Lopez Ford without the hood on, race ready?

7. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Yep, it's cold here! :D

Wishing all great readers of this thread a totally OT subject
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

[​IMG]

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Merry Christmas you guys and thanks for a great thread J.B.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'll defend Yaril and Jdhertz for posting the pictures of the blue Pontiac. I understand that J.B. is interested in cars which display the traditional bodywork and stance of customs from the 48-52 period, and the Pontiac doesn't fit that strict definition.

However, the taste and restraint shown in the restoration, painting and lowering of this uncommon car impresses me a lot. I prefer it without the skirts and the visor, but it's a very good-looking car, and I'm glad they showed it to us.

10. Merry Christmas fellas.Have a great safe holiday.Happy Sleddin.

uploadfromtaptalk1356368846538.jpg

11. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

12. Here is one for you Rodinron.I read how much you love to look at close details of tires.I think everyones ego's are doing ok this holiday saeson. Merry Christmas :) uploadfromtaptalk1356370294675.jpg

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Snow isn't really traditional to this thread. I don't believe snow was a custom treatment back in the day. It really doesn't fit in here, thanks for the post but please read the rules of the thread in future....gets on your nerves after a while doesn't it?

14. I think it is.......... uploadfromtaptalk1356372025305.jpg

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

No, I'm sure that's angel hair around Barris' Merc.

16. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

I'll second that Jeff! Merry Christmas everyone and thank you all for your help and guidance on my project!

17. Redoing to top on mine as some rust pulled through. Was pulling into the shop and snapped this shot. Hope to have it at GNRS. Merry Christmas fellas.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1356378163.080984.jpg

18. ^^^ Badass picture right there.

19. twochops

twochops

my Merc

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  20. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Zing!

Having snow on your custom is more traditional than having it pampered in a garage 24/7.

And no, I dont think its annoying to try to keep a thread on track.

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Well played sir,well played

22. :) :) It was too funny,I had to post it. Merry Christmas man.

23. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Yarli gets it and only showed the very nice car as an inspiration for the photoshopped car. It was the FNG first ever posting that made me jump in and talk.

This thread is not totally anal and only focus on exactly period perfect builds down to every bolt. Modern drivelines, chassis etc is all ok even if I totally prefer traditional engines and chassis that also fit the era. But the style of the car with the period era body modifications, accessories and stance is VERY important. The details like wheels is therefore much more interesting than a nice old car. There are other threads for all that.

So many threads on the HAMB that are losing the intention, so I just try to keep it on track. Sorry if someone gets offended for me trying to fight for the traditional kustoms of this era. I really like this particular style and I love newly built cars that try to keep it in there. Old cars are everywhere and there are other threads to praise that.

24. Keep it up J.B. somebody has to stand up for us.

25. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Its was funny alright,merry christmas to you as well,hope you have a great new year,...and next year your coming to san diego!

26. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you guys! I've already made a New Years resolution to try to stay on topic..! ;)

-Dave

27. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Twochops! As Ive told you many times, I fell in love with that car the first time I saw it in grey primer in Holland!

28. twochops

twochops

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks---00MACK, -----like this, TwoChops

Attached Files:

29. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Hope this car fits in here
    I really like many details on this car
    Thanks for all your help in this thread
    Hope to meet some of you soon

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Damn, that's Harry Bradley's CHevy...is it in Europe now?
    Last I heard, Jack Walker still had it, he bought it off Harry, and had it restored.
    I LOVE that car, so different (does that mean non-traditional?????)
    He actually had a lot, if not all of it built, while he lived in NJ. By Herb Gary, a master metal man up in Sea Isle Long Island. It was his daily driver too, while he was in the Drivin' Deuces car club here.