Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do Ya Drive a H.A.M.B. Friendly Hot Rod to Work Daily?? Show Them!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennkat, Dec 23, 2012.

1. My '59 Ford Consul.
    I'd been driving this as an only car until I parked it up last year, I'm hoping to start using it again next month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. famdoc3

famdoc3

I did for 7 years. I drive 70 miles per day and took it everywhere including business trips. My avatar is just another day at work. Rust finally got the better of me so it is back on the rotisserie. Hard to keep them nice in daily use here. Hard for them to handle the salt on the roads. You will have to decide the question of usage verses preservation. Just about broke my heart to re-rust it. MIKE

Attached Files:

3. iarodder

iarodder

I drive mine daily when the weather permits (sorry no snow, too much salt here) but I rarely drive it to work, It's 30 miles each way-not a big deal for miles but the deer here are horrible and I go in at 5:30 am every day. Too dark and I don't want to kill one with the '49? But yes I do drive it to work when the sun is up in the summer for a short time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  4. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

I drive mine everyday, to and from work and on errands. No windshield wipers, heater, or radio. Leaks oil, runs rough, and the suspension needs a bunch of work but I get a lot of smiles! It's 12v so at least my headlights are good and bright. You can check out my build thread here on the hamb.
    [​IMG]</a>[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

I drive my GMC to work everyday. Rain, sun and yes even in the snow. At the moment I am running studded snow tires to cope with the canadian winters we get.

[​IMG]

6. I drive my 57 Chevy, 99% of the time. Otherwise I'm in the 55 or the 70 C10 SB. Life is good!

7. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

I'll post a picture when I can.
    Drive my 62 belair wagon everyday. Put about 100,000 miles in it the last three years.

8. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Here's my daily.....[​IMG]

9. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

I drove this one everyday until it snowed, and they salted the roads!!!!

Attached Files:

10. badshifter

badshifter

Is your truck a hot rod? HAMB friendly as in traditional...those wheels? Hmmm... I like it, but...
    This is my daily, it's not a hot rod. And it's not traditional. It's just an old car.

Attached Files:

11. i try & drive my cars as much as i can. i live at 9000 ft, and it's winter here, so my daily right now is the newest car i own, my '52 willys cj-3a. i like to think it's a hot rod! it was found in a barn, it has a 225 v6 engine with an sm420 4sp trans, updated axles and t-case. it's alot worse for wear and tear right now, but it has a heater, a top, and 4wd.

Attached Files:

12. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've been looking for one for months. Has to be the right one before I pull the trigger. Has to be a pickup/parts runner for my other projects.

This is an attempt to get away from modern cars/trucks so I can fix them myself AND not be a slave to car payments.

13. kennkat

kennkat

:d:d:d kool!!! :d:d:d

14. Giddyup

Giddyup
    from Denver, CO

Not really a hot rod until I install the V8(Pontiac 336), but I drive my '49 Chevy half ton daily. To work & all around Denver area in the mountains. No heat & too much ventilation sucks, but still better than driving new crap.

Attached Files:

15. kennkat

kennkat

:D YEA! :D Spoken like a TRUE Hot Rodder! :D:D:D

16. kennkat

kennkat

Those are my "winter time skinnys" Notice if you can that they wear Studded Mud & Snows.... See my avatar and note the 10" rear and 7" front chrome reverse wheels... (srry)
    IS IT A HOT ROD?? I dunno you tell me, It has a Chevy 283 and a T-10 4spd hooked to a 9" rear out of a '64 galaxie....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  17. well it's not a hot rod.
    i drive this every day.
    through the snow, cold, and salt.
    it's not pretty, but it has a great heart and is a great driver.
    i love it! driving old cars makes me happy.
    why would i drive anything else!?!

[​IMG]

18. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Well right now I'm off work with shoulder surgery so I'm not driving but my wife got a Mustang (07...I know its new) and gave me her 03 4 door 1/2 ton Dodge...I sold it..don't like the NEW auto's....

19. Giddyup

Giddyup
    from Denver, CO

Nice truck, Ken. Us midwesterners keep forgetting some parts of CA get snow.

I like to think I'm becoming a hotrodder, but my alum whls might keep me from being traditional. The alum 4x4 whls are what I had, cleared the tie rods, & filled the rear whl wells nicely. Now I have 4 steels on the chassis I bought. Just gotta get tires.

20. kennkat

kennkat

Thank you, The 'ol gal has been very good to me... I understand about your wheel dilemma... I need 2 sets of wheels & tires to deal with the weather and the reason I run the alloys in the winter is this - I Do Not give a rat's ass if the sand & de-icer they put on the roads here screw them up a bit.... but I am NOT getting my fat chromies all rusted up from it!:D:D:D:D

21. ardyboy

ardyboy

I do until the snow flies

[​IMG]

22. kennkat

kennkat

Summer Time shoes :)

Attached Files: