Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

Congrats man that is awesome!!! You will have your hands full but it will all be worth it in the end!!! Just reading that put a smile on my face and I don't even know you from Adam!! LOL!

2. And, BTW, CONGRAT'S SNAFU!!! ;)

JK

3. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

We just had our son back in June, he is a "Junior" and i am honored to have him carry my name on. He makes number four for us. I am proud of all my kids, they have made me who I am today all in their own special ways.
    Here is a picture of Jr. and NO, mommy wasn't 100% for this picture and she still won't let me take him for his "First minibike ride". LOL!

[​IMG]

4. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

My oldest son, in 2000 when we pulled the motor out of my '50 Plymouth project, standing in the back of my '53 Chevy that I bought when I was 14 in 1981.

And, standing in the back of the same truck this year, after we pulled the motor out of his first project, a '51 Willys Wagon, that he bought with his own money at 14.

Must be genetic...

Pete

[​IMG]

5. JessCo13

JessCo13
    from Kansas

Just a few shots of what my 3 yr old son Peyton has been up to this last summer. Being a dad is the best thing ever. Im sure he will have his hands in my 50 Plymouth project too. "Heck Yea Dad!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  6. nali

nali

Just 3 y/o and on a bike ?
    That s great ! My older 61/2 can t even drive a tricycle :)
    He does other things ...

7. raymay

raymay

Our son was born in 76 and our daughter in 78. We became a very car oriented family and the kids still talk about the numerous car shows and national events we attended over the years. They were always there when I was working on the cars, and yes they did often help. At 17 they each got their own key to our chopped 37 Chevy sedan. With permission they enjoyed driving that car in school parades, their proms or just for a local cruise. We sold the car in 2000 but last year I found it and bought it back. You should have seen the smile on my daughters face when she got back behind the wheel of that car. Now our 3 grandsons have become my new cruising buddies. They kind of give all my cars names which makes it a little difficult when I sell one. I have had a ball building them pedal cars, tractors, bikes and just playing with them and all their mom and uncles old toy cars
    Our son became a successful engineer and works for GM in Michigan. I am sure he will get an older car some day but for now he has an awesome 99 Z-28 with twin turbo's. When I visit each August we have a great time attending the Woodward Dream Cruise with our cars.
    Our daughter and Son-in-law live nearby and are the parents of the 3 coolest little guys I know. "Pop" is teaching them right. If it has wheels they are all over it.
    Being a dad was very cool. Being a grandpa is unbelievably cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  8. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

9. david j smith

david j smith

I still have my 1971 Pinewood Derby winning car. It was dad's 3rd trip through cub scouts and he new some tricks. Years later as a Cubmaster myself, I had a ball watching kids make their cars.

10. kasultana

kasultana

All great posts. The boys and my wife who loves cars are best part of my life. My 3 sons are one of the main reasons we got into the hobby that started with the truck. The roadster picture got us started on our latest project. They help a lot and are saving money from chores to get their first car to tear apart. Thanks to all for sharing these stories.

Attached Files:

11. Falfa55

Falfa55

Fuckin Congrats dude..Im a dad of 8yr old triplets.It wasnt as bad as I Imagined you will do great..PM me if you want tips or shit

12. nali

nali

This little human is a great helper to sand, even if he s just 5 yo :)

[​IMG]

13. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

saw on another thread where some moron compared starting your first motor to hearing your babies first cry...i hear my babies with my heart as well as my ears....i thank God for even my worst

14. scoggman

scoggman

She's only 10 months old, but by the look on her face she is stoked about hot rods!

Attached Files:

15. Falfa55

Falfa55

Thats a great picture frame it

16. my nine year old built his first motor this past summer a ,440 mopar,and i didnt have to do anything but guide him and watch,couldnt be prouder

17. 59 brook

59 brook

when my daughter was about 4 for xmas she got ajohn deere electric gator. it had a built in high speed but you had to remove a screw so they throttle would go all the way. one day in front of my buddy she drives into the garage and says" daddy can you make my truck go faster so i can run mamma over"

18. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

19. nali

nali

Call the Guiness book !

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Damn 60wide either you been real "busy" or you are the coolest dad on the block.

21. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Here is a pic of my son and I from this last summer. He has always had an interst in cars, and I know he got it from me. Since he was young he has attended an annual local car swap meet with me, and he told me recently he will always go with me.
    As he has got older he has got more intersted in newer cars...like BMWs and Hondas :eek:. I really don't mind...sometimes I think he says it just to bug me. Kids grow fast, enjoy every age they are at...and as they get older, let them think for themselves, and have there own opionions...even if they say they like BMWs? :eek:

Attached Files:

22. kelzweld

kelzweld

I've only got one child but I think I've done alright. Here she is yesterday in the Revelleader nitro funny car. It made her day :)

Attached Files:

23. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Here is my grandchild helping his father , helping his father (me).

[​IMG]

24. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

The first photo was taken a few years back.. now I have two boys!

Attached Files:

25. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Attached Files:

26. sololobo

sololobo

I am hangin out with my car crazy daughter in Waxahatchie,Texas and having a good time. Just saw a great 49 Plymouth and a channeled and hammerred A sedan lookin boss. Ah yes, hot rods with the one ya love, can't beat it!! ~sololobo~

27. klink

klink

I love being a dad. My little girl loves anything with wheels and an engine. She lights up and says daddy every time she sees a motorcycle and runs to the Cadillac when I pull the car seat out of my truck. She goes to every cruise night, car show, and bike show with her daddy.

Attached Files:

28. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

All great stuff! Being a Dad is the only career that costs money and is still better than making ten million a year.

29. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

My daughter (16) and I are building a 1951 GMC truck, it is hers and she has the say on what it will look like, bagged, steelies with wide wides, patina with a 1960 Chrysler dash. It was a barn find and needs alot of metal work, doesn't matter, she loves doing metal work and welding, she comes to the Syracuse Nationals every year and all the local cruise nights and shows, know what she likes and doesn't like. My two boys (11 and 13) are getting right into it as well, they are already thinking about their projects.